• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the benefits of joining Premier Jewelry as a direct seller?

In summary, Premier Jewelry is a company that sells jewelry at shows. They offer a 30% - 50% discount on retail items, as well as free jewelry to Hostesses. They make 10% of what the Hosts make. They require consultants to pay $350 every year, and Hosts need to rebook with them every few shows.
tada
I have a friend who sells Premier Jewelry - this is her program details. I'm trying to recruit her - but this was her come back to me. I think it helps to know about our direct selling competition when it comes to recruiting.

Anybody know details of any other company?

Premier Jewelry

Their product prices range from $8-$120.

They give 30% - 50% of the retail of the show in FREE JEWELRY to every Hostess, plus they get to earn (4) $25 bonuses, plus can purchase 4-8 items 1/2 price, plus purchase 1 item the week of their birthday for 50% off, plus get 20% off their shopping for a year.

We can get in for $395 or $1225 (which includes 70 pieces of jewelry & carrying case) and have a Premier card that is interest-free for 90 days so you can have shows to pay off your investment.

And if you have 6 shows within 45 days of your Training Show, Premier will give you $200 in free jewelry. If you have 9 shows within 45 days of your Training Date, you get $300 in free jewelry.

They make 10% of what our downline makes (that goes 3 levels deep).

They earn free jewelry, recognition at rally, and we have a couple of cruisesl. They can earn a trip for having 4 people under them.

They get paid That night at the Home Show. They pay themselves first, then pay Premier.

They don't "have" to buy new products. They do retire some pieces, in which you can sell or give away at any time, and you can purchase new items (at 1/2 price) any time you like, and any piece you like.

Home Shows only have to be $100 in retail.

They pay $3 for each benefit the Host wins.

They get half of the retail of the show as profit.

Tracie

Who pays for the host benefits? did I miss that part?? Sounds like she it trying to recruit you I know PC is paying for my host benefits. Many of the jewelry company reps have to take that out of their profits. I don't see how they can pay themselves first and then pay Premier. Premier is based in my area so I feel like there is a Premier person on every corner Kind of like Mary Kay - Also Dallas based

We have a lady at church who sells it and everyone has been complaining about the quality (even our ministers wife who is the sweetest person I know sent 2 necklaces back)
And the consultant definately OVER accessorizes!!

I work with a guy whose wife has been selling Premier for quite some time. She is in the top 40 of the company. Makes VERY GOOD money. But .... I understand each consultant has to pay $350 (+/-) EVERY YEAR to stay a consultant. That sends a red flag to me.

I'd also find out from her how many hosts rebook with her and what her bookings per show average is.

I have a friend who used to be a PC consultant a while back, and decided to try her hand at Premier Designs. She did it for about a year, but stopped selling it b/c she got frustrated with the amount of returns she was getting. All returns had to go through her, and the products are "costume/fashion jewelry", so most of it is silver plated, not sterling silver, or gold plated, not 10 - 14 K gold. And, the gems are mostly "imitation".

True, you make that much at a show, but she said the returns came out of her commissions, and she couldn't book shows to save her life b/c of all the bad feedback she was getting from the products. She said PC was definitely WAY better as far as product quality and guarantee, and if you really compare them "apples to apples", there really is no comparison. The products that PC sells are by far a higher quality product, and many items are a "need" instead of a "want" (although I have a hard time differentiating between the two myself!!) ;)

If you're passionate about costume jewelry, then it might be for you, but personally, I can't wear any silver- or gold-plated jewelry - my skin turns green and I get allergic reactions to the earrings. I have to wear 14K gold or sterling silver (oh, poor me, huh?!) ;) I prefer Silpada Jewelry to the Premier Designs, and yes, I've been to both shows. Silpada has better quality and similar host benefits (although both require you to pay tax & shipping on your host order - BOOO!).

I have been to Premiere Jewelry parties and yes the quality is terrible. I have also heard that the consultant has to pay a lot of out of pocket expenses like the shipping on the returns etc...which ads up. Why wouldn't she want to sell Pampered Chef that has quality products, very few returns and is basically a get what you see company. Just my 2 cents...

She IS trying to recruit me - but only because I tried to recruit her first!!!

We agreed to call a halt to our trying to recruit each other.

We are working together to plan an "Opportunity Night" with other vendors - like MK, Arbonne, Southern Living, Stampin Up.

I want to find out all I can about the other vendors program so I can deal with objections when they come up. Like the XYZ company pays ___ why doesn't Pampered Chef? I'm trying to do my homework before I get there!!

One day, I'm going to get her - once she's run the course and no one wants more jewelry. I just can't see how they would have that many repeat customers.

Tracie

They get repeat customers because they have new styles each season. People who stay on top of trends want to match what's in fashion magazines.

That said, I've got a few pieces of Premier, and it's OK. I don't think I'd ever host a jewelry party of any kind, because my friends and family (especially family!) don't like to spend money on things that aren't necessary (I had a party with a games company on Friday and I swear, all my mom and aunt did was moan about the prices). At least Premier's quality is higher than Cookie Lee. :D

I also know that Premiere consultants have to pay when someone pays with a credit card and they pay about $2 for every 1/2 price item or free item (not sure which) they give away to a hostess. I thought I read that on here somewhere.

A lot of other companies require their consultants to pay to take credit cards. Which seems like a deal-breaker in this day and age, when everyone uses debit cards all the time.

Body Shop at Home consultants accept payments, then just remit the wholesale amount to their home office. So they also effectively get paid the night of the show, too. I think they're around 30% commission - and I don't know their policy on host benefits.

I have found that if you encounter a consultant who brags that their commission percentage is significantly higher than PC, chances are very good that they have more fees chipping away at that percentage: host benefits, credit card processing, web site (ours is a steal at $72!), more expensive paperwork, etc.

Maybe we should be comparing how much we make, net, every year. Or net profit and amount of shows we did to make that amount.

She never did tell me what her show average has been this past year. Maybe I can get that out of her later.

She's very enthusiastic about Premier. I soooo badly want someone like her on my team!

Tracie

tada said:
I want to find out all I can about the other vendors program so I can deal with objections when they come up. Like the XYZ company pays ___ why doesn't Pampered Chef? I'm trying to do my homework before I get there!!Tracie

Tracie,

It is totally wonderful to be prepared like that. I'm sure you already know not to emphasize the down side of other companies. In the long run, I think passion will drive what DS company people decide to work with. Personally, I only see the value in PC so what others offer in benefits can be useful, but it wouldn't persude me to sign with them.

I knew a woman that sold passion type products. She make a huge (I mean BIG) percentage of her sales. But even though she liked the money, she envied our trip incentive. Then there was selling the stuff...some think it is a fun party and others run for the hills.

My recruiter and former director sell for a jewelry DS company now (totally out of PC), and love it. Not sure what the profit is, they would say all good things about their company anyway. They were always into jewelry even though they were surely into PC at one time.

Good luck!

When I hear the "consultants are paid a higher percentage"...or the "this party system gives their hosts so much free product!"....I diplomatically say that most home party systems are similar in their format but they can vary greatly in their implementation. Many posts have already made references to some of our features (like hosts only pay on the balance OWED, no shipping on the host order, we don't pay to take any credit/debit card and returns do not reflect on our commissionable sales.....).... in a nutshell, I say if a host doesn't want to spend a dime on products she can do that and still earn a lot with PC! That gets their attention (i.e. host bonus and 1/2 price options are just that...options........if no amount is due on free products then there is no sales tax and no shipping so totally no cost for the product!)

I use my daughter as a recent example: she hosted a home party where it very clearly stated they have some of the best host rewards...less to have show qualify, more 1/2 price options, tons of host bonus and sale options, etc. HOWEVER...my daughter, who had never hosted anything other than PC before was shocked when what she thought was going to be $35.00 in product turned into $89.00 with tax and shipping on all of her "free" and "discounted items. Guests also paid the full sales tax and shipping on their product totals if an item was on sale...rather than the balance due. Yes, I have hosted with that system before and do enjoy some of their perks... but I know going into it what I will need to expect on the back end....and it will never, ever be free.

Systems are apples and oranges as the other post said. Again, dipomacy and honesty are the best options without unintentionally bashing another company (which is easy to do if we aren't careful!)

And, though our catalog is going up in price, I do know that my friend who sells for another line pays about 80 cents per catalog and literally freaks out on anyone who wants to take a copy home. I like to gently direct folks to leave them behind if they don't plan to use it later, and not act like a military patrol on the lookout for contraband.

My friend (who sells Premier) said that her show average is about what PC's national average is. But I think that it depends on where you live. My show average for example I am sure what other peoples average shows are.

When I hear about the fabulous percentage someone from another DS company is making, my first thought is that their mark-up on their products must be huge. I don't voice that unless the person is really being obnoxious, but it does make me wonder. If they can pay the consultant at the first level 50% and still afford to pay the upline and make a profit, they have to be selling the products at greatly inflated prices.I'm proud of the fact that the percentages are so reasonable with PC. I'd much rather make a smaller commission and know that my product is worth every penny.

raebates said:
I'm proud of the fact that the percentages are so reasonable with PC. I'd much rather make a smaller commission and know that my product is worth every penny.
Here, here!

I would love to see the "net" take home from a list of DS companies who do the same volume as I, now that would be interesting!

How many customers do you hear say "oh, I love my Premier Jewelry, I have had it for 5 years and it still works and looks like new"?

chefann said:
Here, here!
This is exactly what I've been thinking for years, too.

I agree on markup. I exchanged a show with her and got pretty jewelry - but I kept thinking "What is this really worth if I'm paying $30 for a bracelet - she's making 50% and 3 lines up are making 10%?" I did not feel like I got value for my money.

I buy Mark Kay from a cousin - and feel the same way - What a mark-up they must have.

And look at the Premier start-up cost $395 or $1225. Yikes

And of course I will not bash her company - but you do need to know what other companies are doing so that when someone asks "Why wouldn't I make50% with PC?" you know how to "handle the objection".

She said she had thought about Pampered Chef - so one day she'll come my way. (I hope!)

Tracie

I have a very successful Premier Jewelry friend...they have an annual fee (about $350 if memory serves); very expensive looking catalogs; they file sales taxes with the state; they have to pay for credit/debit cards transactions; they pay for software; let me think about this one and I'm sure I'll have more to say...

my mom was very interested in signing with her, but there were many "red flags" and she didn't sign. It seemed like they nickel-ed and dime-ed the consultants to death, and you really needed to be doing at least 8 shows a month in order to turn a profit. I was uneasy with the fact that the consultants are "paid" the night of the show...so when you do a show you make 50%, and your 3 up-lines makes 10% of your sales so what is the product actually worth?!

Also, they encourage to go into debt in order to pay for the kit - use our credit card (who knows what the interest rate is) and start your business that may take you 3-6 months to pay off before you actually make a profit - anyone who asks you to go into debt to start a business like that doesn't sound all that wonderful to me.

I suggest you take the high road and talk about EVERYTHING PC has to offer - especially our training and support from home office. We are one of the best direct sales companies to be affiliated with - need I say more?!

Last edited:
All I can add is that I know Longaberger charges consultants when customers use their credit cards.

I know this for a fact, since I'm a Longaberger consultant, too, and I get charged 2.5% everytime a customer pays with one.

I am much more successful with my PC business than Longaberger... but, then again, one of the main reasons I signed on with Longaberger was so I could have a discount on their pottery and baskets!!

1. What sets Pampered Chef apart from other direct sellers?

Pampered Chef prides itself on offering high-quality, innovative kitchen tools and solutions that are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable. Our consultants also receive extensive training and support to help them succeed in their business.

2. Can I sell Pampered Chef products alongside other direct sales companies?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a flexible business model that allows consultants to sell our products alongside other direct sales companies. However, we do ask that our consultants remain respectful and ethical in their business practices.

3. Are there monthly sales quotas or minimums for Pampered Chef consultants?

There are no monthly sales quotas or minimums for Pampered Chef consultants. Our consultants have the freedom to work at their own pace and set their own business goals.

4. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up through the website or through an existing consultant. You will receive a starter kit with everything you need to start your business, including products, training materials, and business tools.

5. Is there a fee or cost to join Pampered Chef?

Yes, there is a one-time fee to join Pampered Chef as a consultant. This fee covers the cost of your starter kit and provides you with all the tools and resources you need to get started. There are also ongoing costs for maintaining your business, such as purchasing new products or attending training events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • jewelryladypam
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • pampered_heathery