• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring The Pampered Chef: Balancing Career and School with Spousal Support

I think that if he is supportive now because of the extra income you bring in, that might make him more supportive of you being a Director.
Chef_2_Four
that I wanted to move up with The Pampered Chef while going to school and what not. He hit the roof! He was so mad!! So I explained to him it wouldn't take up much more time if any and blah blah. He finally said it is up to you. How unsupportive can you be!! I was so mad!! Maybe if and when I start getting bigger paychecks he will change his mind!

You have to think positively, "When I start getting bigger paychecks."

It can be difficult when you don't have the support at home, but you have all of us here to support you.

COnGRATULATIONS on making that goal!:)

Hi April!

Sorry telling him did not go well.

Have you ever had a chance to show him a Director's paycheck? If he is supportive now because of the extra income you bring in, that might make him more supportive of you being a Director.

I recommend getting in touch with Angie to see if she can send you one. I also recommend getting a copy of Mishelle's and maybe Kim's.

Lisa

Wow, sorry to hear that, we all want our families support. Isn't that why most of us do this because we are putting our families first. If he had a venture he wanted to pursue I'm sure he would value and expect your support. He may be feeling that it will take away from quality time you have for him (sometimes men can be insecure in that way). To squealch this fear I would give him extra love and attention and speak positively about where your career is going.

After a while he will see the positive changes (more money, wife who is proud of her accomplishments) and hopefully be more supportive.

Jennifer

Last edited:
What are his concerns?

I was wondering the same thing as Carolyn. Maybe he already doesn't like how much time you spend on PC or maybe he isn't seeing benefits already. Does he just think it's a hobby? My husband at one point was very immature and selfish about my career pursuits because he didn't look at it as being anything more than my hobby that took too much time away from me being home. It inconvenienced him too often. After we were in a big fight and I told him how wrong he was he apologized for only looking at it through his own eyes rather than through mine, too. I'm not saying your husband is immature or selfish. I could not possible know that, and I don't assume it. Just try to ask him in a non threatening way and during a time when you both are not upset about anything what bothers him about this choice.

1. How can I balance my career at Pampered Chef with my studies?

At Pampered Chef, we understand the importance of education and personal growth. We encourage our employees to communicate openly with their managers about their school schedules and commitments. We also offer flexible work arrangements and support for employees pursuing higher education.

2. Can I receive support from my spouse while working at Pampered Chef?

Yes, we value the support of spouses and partners in our employees' lives. We offer a supportive and inclusive work environment and encourage open communication with loved ones to help maintain a healthy work-life balance.

3. Are there opportunities for career advancement at Pampered Chef?

Absolutely. We believe in investing in our employees and providing opportunities for career growth. We offer training and development programs, mentoring, and internal job postings to help our employees reach their career goals.

4. Is it possible to work part-time while attending school?

Yes, we offer part-time positions for employees who may be balancing school or other commitments. We understand the importance of flexibility and strive to accommodate our employees' needs as much as possible.

5. Does Pampered Chef offer any tuition assistance or reimbursement programs?

Yes, we understand the financial burden of pursuing higher education and offer tuition assistance and reimbursement programs to eligible employees. We also offer scholarships for employees' children who are attending college.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tiarra Clark
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Tiarra Clark
  • Lexif424
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • sillylittlechef