• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Responding to Objections Brainstorming

In summary, the expert is struggling to respond to objections because it is difficult. He recommends a brainstorming thread to help him and others better respond to objections.
DebbieJ
Hi all,

Although I am building a team, the hardest thing for me is responding to objections. I've taken the teleclass mulitple times, taken conference workshops, etc, but I still feel deficient in this area.

I thought maybe we could start a brainstorming thread and share how we would respond to a lead's objections using the C.A.R.E. model.

Sound good?

Post your objections in a separate thread, and then anyone who wants to share how they would respond, please do so using QUOTE so we know what you're responding too. That should make it easier to understand.

An objection I'm currently dealing with is MARKET SATURATION.

I just had a recruiting call today and told the gentleman that the city we live in is 100,000+ and I still have at least 3 at every show who has NEVER heard of PC.

DebbieJ said:

So, you are saying you cannot make enough sales in your area? Or are you saying that everyone has already heard of PC and bought it?

Do you know people who eat? Everyone eats but not everyone has heard of the Pampered Chef. When did you first hear of it? How many people do you know haven't? How many GUYS/HUSBANDS/Etc. have never heard of it...
How many kids just turning 18 and have been living under mom's roof are out there?

Pampered Chef also is coming out with 60, count them 6-0 new products this fall that people out there do not have. That hits not only the "never heard of them" crowd but the existing crowd who love PC and will want the new items.

Would you like me to show you some creative ways to reach new markets? Would you like to attend one of my shows and see how many haven't heard of PC yet?
Would you like me to show you how to encourage a host to invite outside their normal "circle" of PC lovers?

I think I killed this thread yesterday... :(

Time to go join the thread killers...

This is where I struggle too Deb. The CARE method is great because it makes you shut up & listen:) I'm going to work harder on this too.
The biggest one I hear is "I don't have enough time".....like we're all not busy!

My most frequest seems to be....I just don't have the money, even with the kit credit. That one is hard to object to.

lacychef said:
This is where I struggle too Deb. The CARE method is great because it makes you shut up & listen:) I'm going to work harder on this too.
The biggest one I hear is "I don't have enough time".....like we're all not busy!

C - "It sounds like you're not sure if a commitment to a new business will fit in with your other obligations. Are you concerned that you couldn't do a good job in the time you have?"

A - "I know how you feel. My life was packed when I started my business, and I was concerned about finding the time to do a good job."

R - "My recruiter helped me look at my calendar and I discovered that I could fit in one or two shows a week. She explained that was enough time to start my business."

E - "Does knowing you could begin your business with just a few hours a week make you feel more comfortable with the time commitment? Would you like to give it a try"

I got the above from a Responding to Objections cheat sheet I received in the Step up to Director training I did.

If anyone else has another CARE model to this one, please post!

krzymomof4 said:
My most frequest seems to be....I just don't have the money, even with the kit credit. That one is hard to object to.

C - "It seems as though you're concerned about the start-up cost. Is that right?"

A - "People often wonder if they can earn their investment back quickly enough to justify finding the money to start."

R - "The initial investment is small and The Pamepred Chef even lets you use part of your free product value to cover part of the kit cost. Shall I tell you about that?

E - "I'll help you make a plan to earn money quickly so that you'll recoup your initial investment right away. Does that ease your mind?" (wait for response) "Shall we begin your paperwork?"

Another response would be to have a yard sale or sell some stuff on e-bay to earn money to pay for the kit. I just haven't thought about the the A - R - E parts of it. Any suggestions?

I've heard of the CARE model before (in training, I think) but can someone remind me quickly what the letters stand for?

C - Check for Understanding
A - Acknowledge Feelings
R - Respond (with Clarifying questions & information)
E - Extend the Invitation Again!

Ha ha ha... Debbie I know you were in this workshop. I'll have to send you my notes. I think it was the end of the day and we were just beat! Too beat to take it all in. Maybe between the two of us, we'll remember something!

Bren706 said:
A - Acknowledge Feelings

That's right, thanks!

can you help me?My host for my show next week asked alot of great questions at a prior show. Now that I've been coaching her for HER show, she has told me that she "would love to do PC:D :D , but maybe when her kids are older" Uh hello, she has 4 ranging from 1st grade to high school. Of course she says the typical "I'm too busy", but what I've been able to get is that it would be too much for her DH to handle (taking care of the kids). I'm thinking the high schooler (is that a word:eek: ) could help care/sit with the younger ones. How would you approach that? She has prior DS experience, and is impressed with how easy PC makes it for us....

and if no one repsonds to THIS post I will then know that I AM the ultimate thread killa

AJPratt said:
Ha ha ha... Debbie I know you were in this workshop. I'll have to send you my notes. I think it was the end of the day and we were just beat! Too beat to take it all in. Maybe between the two of us, we'll remember something!

Yes, I was there. I thought our presenters were pretty weak. And then my friend came in and we started gossiping. Sorry. :)

But seriously, this part of recruiting is really holding me up. Maybe I need to call Jillian Eisenburg, Circle of Honor in Recruiting, and get her tips!

The business would be too much for DH to handle
amy07 said:
My host for my show next week asked alot of great questions at a prior show. Now that I've been coaching her for HER show, she has told me that she "would love to do PC:D :D , but maybe when her kids are older" Uh hello, she has 4 ranging from 1st grade to high school. Of course she says the typical "I'm too busy", but what I've been able to get is that it would be too much for her DH to handle (taking care of the kids). I'm thinking the high schooler (is that a word:eek: ) could help care/sit with the younger ones. How would you approach that? She has prior DS experience, and is impressed with how easy PC makes it for us....

Here is what I pulled from the cheat sheet I had:

The concern is "My husband doesn't want me to be gone at night."

C - "What I hear you saying is that your husband would need to understand the benefits of doing this. Do you think he would want you to never be away, or is it that he'd want the two of you to agree on a number of Shows per week?"

A - "I understand! Initially, my husband was not certain what my business would mean to him and the kids."

R - "I was delighted to find my husband really enjoyed being Dad while I was gone. The extra income has allowed us to do some things as a family that we could not have afforded. My husband's initial reservations quickly evaporated."

E - "Would you enjoy doing this if your husband agrees? Shall we sit down with him and explore the benefits of giving it a try?"

If anyone has a different model, please post, to give us more ideas!

thanks brenda!!
In one of my first conversations she even asked about what kind of success I've had with daytime shows, so her interest level is pretty high......keeping my fingers crossed as she is obviously thinking about this

Amy07, you could suggest Saturday morning brunch shows to her! or Kids can Cook shows where she may be able to bring her kids along?!

DebbieJ said:
Yes, I was there. I thought our presenters were pretty weak. And then my friend came in and we started gossiping. Sorry. :)

But seriously, this part of recruiting is really holding me up. Maybe I need to call Jillian Eisenburg, Circle of Honor in Recruiting, and get her tips!
Hey, I'm just busting on you, you little gossip monger. Ha ha! I'm just as bad!! I thought it was a bit of a repeat of a teleclass I took, but the last few minutes when they were answering questions was good. They did cover saturation saying 48% of people in Chicago have never heard of PC; I swear I met all of them. AND... Something really good my director heard was, "Yes, there may be a number of consultants in the area, but there are really only a few of us who view PC as a career. You have the choice to do PC as a hobby or a career." How does that sound?

AJPratt said:
Hey, I'm just busting on you, you little gossip monger. Ha ha! I'm just as bad!! I thought it was a bit of a repeat of a teleclass I took, but the last few minutes when they were answering questions was good. They did cover saturation saying 48% of people in Chicago have never heard of PC; I swear I met all of them. AND... Something really good my director heard was, "Yes, there may be a number of consultants in the area, but there are really only a few of us who view PC as a career. You have the choice to do PC as a hobby or a career." How does that sound?

Yes, definitely a repeat of the teleclass. LOVE LOVE LOVE Dawn's words!!! I am going to use them!!!!

DebbieJ said:
Yes, definitely a repeat of the teleclass. LOVE LOVE LOVE Dawn's words!!! I am going to use them!!!!
Glad I could help. I come here to bust on you and help. I really am a full service Cheffer. LOL And, you know you can bust on me anytime!

(Hey, everyone... DebbieJ looks waaaay better in person than in her avatar! She is just a cutie!)

sfdavis918 said:
I've heard of the CARE model before (in training, I think) but can someone remind me quickly what the letters stand for?

I was just getting ready to ask the same thing... brain isn't working tonight.

Here ya go.... back on the first page. There are also some good examples, and I think a teleclass on it as well.

Bren706 said:
A - Acknowledge Feelings

Something I've heard when referring to husband is worried is saying "what if you agreed on a trial run of xx weeks. Then you could evaluate how PC has affected your family and decide your next step." This way he knows that she isn't jumping in full swing and he has no input. It may make him feel better for having a say and expressing his feelings about how it has affected him. I don't have a husband, so I can't actually give any advice, but I thought that this sounded like an awesome response!

AJPratt said:

(Hey, everyone... DebbieJ looks waaaay better in person than in her avatar! She is just a cutie!)

Awww, Anne. You've made my night!!! :D:D

Last edited:
As far as DH objections go... he might be concerned (as my DH is) that HE will be losing time with her in the evening. You could suggest that she specifically schedule time for DH that is "unchangable unless mutually agreed upon"... that way he knows he still gets time with her. DH and I are going to try this... he feels like I'm neglecting him right now.

GourmetGirl said:
Something I've heard when referring to husband is worried is saying "what if you agreed on a trial run of xx weeks. Then you could evaluate how PC has affected your family and decide your next step." This way he knows that she isn't jumping in full swing and he has no input. It may make him feel better for having a say and expressing his feelings about how it has affected him. I don't have a husband, so I can't actually give any advice, but I thought that this sounded like an awesome response!

That is great Allison! And I like your suggestion too Katie, to have designated times also. This is kind of a foreign subject to me, as I expect my husband to care for his children. Notice I didn't say "babysit or watch". granted I do make it as easy as possible, meal prepared if they will need to eat. But if I did not have his support I know this would be difficult.

I did suggest that she could even be a "catalog show" consultant. We'll see what happens.

AJPratt said:

Love that!!:D :D

GourmetGirl said:
Something I've heard when referring to husband is worried is saying "what if you agreed on a trial run of xx weeks. Then you could evaluate how PC has affected your family and decide your next step." This way he knows that she isn't jumping in full swing and he has no input. It may make him feel better for having a say and expressing his feelings about how it has affected him....

I agree 100% with this statement - it really seems to settle well with hubbys who are a bit skeptical...

Here is another one:

Concern: This isn't the right time.

C - "It sounds like you might enjoy doing this but you're not sure about starting right now."

A - "I know how you feel. I felt exactly the same way."

R - "I realized that part of what was holding me back was the fear of trying something new. I also realized there would never be a perfect time."

E - "Do you think that this time might be just as good as any? Would you like me to work with you to see if you can fit this in?"

Any other ones?

Debbie, it's a little late in the conversation, but I wanted to share this. The last two years I have been in wave 3, so there have been thousands and thousands of consultants flying in and out of the Chicago area. Both last year and this, I have had recruiting talks and shared info with ladies on the airplane. The one Wednesday didn't know anything about PC.

1. What is the C.A.R.E. model and how does it help with responding to objections?

The C.A.R.E. model is a framework that helps individuals communicate effectively and empathetically when responding to objections. C.A.R.E. stands for Connect, Acknowledge, Respond, and Encourage. This model helps to build rapport and trust with the person expressing the objection, making it easier to address their concerns and find a solution.

2. How do you connect with someone when responding to objections?

To connect with someone when responding to objections, it is important to actively listen and show genuine interest in their perspective. This can be done by using open-ended questions, summarizing their concerns, and using empathetic statements to show understanding. It is also helpful to establish common ground and build rapport with the person before addressing their objection.

3. What is the best way to acknowledge someone's objections?

Acknowledging someone's objections involves validating their concerns and demonstrating that you understand their perspective. This can be done by rephrasing their objection and asking for confirmation, using phrases like "It sounds like you are worried about..." or "I can understand why you might feel that way." It is important to avoid dismissing or minimizing their objection, as this can make the person feel unheard and defensive.

4. How do you respond to objections effectively?

When responding to objections, it is important to remain calm and avoid getting defensive. Use the information gathered from actively listening and acknowledging the objection to address it in a logical and respectful manner. This may involve providing additional information, offering alternative solutions, or addressing any misconceptions. It is also helpful to explain the potential benefits of the proposed solution and how it aligns with the person's goals or concerns.

5. How can you encourage someone to overcome their objections?

Encouraging someone to overcome their objections involves showing confidence in the proposed solution and highlighting the potential positive outcomes. It may also involve offering support and addressing any potential risks or concerns. It is important to avoid pressuring or forcing the person to accept the solution, as this can create resistance. Instead, focus on building trust and understanding to help the person feel comfortable and confident in their decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lorianne143
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ange13
  • Jolie_Paradoxe