• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for a Consulting Opportunity: Tips for Your First Meeting

In summary, when attending a consulting opportunity meeting, it is important to dress professionally in business casual attire. It is also recommended to bring a notepad, pen, and copies of relevant documents, and to prepare beforehand by researching the company and industry, practicing an elevator pitch, and anticipating potential questions. Some common mistakes to avoid include being overly confident or unprepared, while tips for making a good impression include actively listening, asking thoughtful questions, and maintaining a positive attitude. Following up with a thank-you note or email is also recommended.
varga11
Before I went to conference one of my past host called to discuss possibly becoming a consultant. I talked to her a little bit and told her I was going conference and we set a date to meet this week. Well I called on Monday to confirm and she said yes she does want to do it. So I just need to meet with her more than sell her on the opportunity. Any suggestions on what to say to her so I do not overwhelm her?

Ask her about her family/life. Then ask her what excites her about the Pampered Chef and then listen. Then ask her if she is ready to get started. If yes, then fill out the agreement with her.

Make sure she has your first training date and team meeting on her calendar and knows to work on her list of 100 and bookings.

Thank and congratulate her.

Congrats to you Grandma Beth!

missydivine said:
Congrats to you Grandma Beth!
Thanks! I'm dying here - I've known for over 3 hours now and still no picture! What's wrong with that son of mine!:eek: :rolleyes:

What should I wear to a consulting opportunity meeting?

It's important to dress professionally and present yourself in a polished manner. Business casual attire is typically appropriate for consulting meetings. Avoid wearing anything too revealing or casual, such as shorts or flip flops.

What should I bring to a consulting opportunity meeting?

It's always a good idea to bring a notepad and pen to take notes during the meeting. You may also want to bring a copy of your resume or any relevant documents that may be useful in discussing your skills and experience.

How should I prepare for a consulting opportunity meeting?

Research the company and the industry beforehand to familiarize yourself with their work and any potential challenges they may face. Practice your elevator pitch and be prepared to discuss your relevant experience and skills. It's also a good idea to anticipate potential questions and prepare thoughtful responses.

What are some common mistakes to avoid during a consulting opportunity meeting?

Avoid being overly confident or arrogant. It's important to be confident in your abilities, but also be humble and open to feedback. Also, avoid being unprepared or arriving late to the meeting. This can reflect poorly on your professionalism and attention to detail.

What are some tips for making a good impression during a consulting opportunity meeting?

Be attentive and actively listen to what the client is saying. Ask thoughtful questions and show genuine interest in their business and needs. Be friendly and personable, and maintain a positive attitude throughout the meeting. Follow up with a thank-you note or email afterwards to express your gratitude for the opportunity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • finley1991