• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What happens if a recruit doesn't have a computer?

In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges of recruiting someone without a computer and the difficulties of submitting online agreements for them. It is mentioned that some consultants do not use PP and instead submit orders manually through mail. It is suggested to try setting up the consultant's profile on a friend's computer or contacting Pampered Partner's technical support for assistance. It is also noted that submitting orders manually can be more time consuming and requires more preparation.
DZmom
My first kitchen show host is signing up after her show. I didn't realize it when I first started to recruit her, but she doesn't have a computer. I know that you don't have to have one, but I wouldn't know how to do anything without it. If anyone has done PC without a computer let me know so I can help her. I recruited her to succeed, and I want to do everything in my power to make certain that happens. I will be submitting her agreement online for her when I get home from her show. But what then? :confused:

I'm in the same boat. I have someone planning to sign Friday by borrowing her cousin's computer, but she doesn't have one of her own. By the way, we're not "supposed to" send in anyone's online agreement for them since it has to be that recruit completing the online agreement and clicking the final "ok." I know it's so much easier just to submit the online agreement for them, but somewhere it says not to.

Maybe someone here KNOWS of someone who doesn't use PP to submit things. I agree, it is a ton easier. Plus now I believe there's an extra charge to receive Weekly Bites by mail and various things like that. I think it'll just mean that the consultant will need to be a little more organized than the rest of us with submitting orders via mail and getting a good system down that works for her. I know it's possible. Something like 5%-10% of consultants don't submit orders via PP. It is possible so don't let that discourage her or you. :)

I also had a similar problem. My new consultant had a laptop, but it was a Mac. Apparently, PamperedPartner is only applicable for those who have a PC. So, she couldn't install the software, even though she HAD a computer--seems so weird that they don't have a version for both!

The steps are outlined in your "Recipe for Success" book. She'll simply tally everything manually onto the Show Order Form and mail it in with payment.

I personally think I'd see if she could set it up on a friends or something. When I signed up one of my friends, she did not have a computer either. (Compliments of PC, she was able to purchase a laptop shortly thereafter.) Anyway, she'd come to my house and I'd back up my Pampered Partner to play it safe. She was able to log in with her profile and enter her shows. We'd submit her shows and back her profile up, then switch back to my profile. Wasn't ever a problem and we didn't ever have to use our "back up". Just a safety precaution in case we did something wrong. I learned how to do this by calling Pampered Partner's technical support. I thought, Pampered Chef trains me and pays me well, then they must train and pay their IT people well also. Sure enough, they knew their stuff!

I also learned they have tiers to their IT department (like many large corps do). So, if the first person on the phone can't help you, they will check with their upper tier. Learned that from some other feature I was wondering about. I'm just too nosy I guess!

Pampered Partner program is really just an Access database hidden in a reports program (I think it's Crystal, but would have to check) - Oh well, irrelevant to your question - huh!

I am that person!!! I just got a computer 6 months ago. I have been submitting shows via paperwork for 7 yrs! It is more time consuming and a problem when it comes to deadlines and you have to be really patient when you are off that 25 cents and it takes you 2 hrs to figure it out. But I loved doing it, but I am a paper and figures person, so it didnt bother me. But, until I had PP I didnt know how much easier PP was. I guess it is what you are accustomed to. You just have to prepare a little ex: when you need supplies, it will take a little bit longer because you have to mail your order in.

chefloriray said:
I am that person!!! I just got a computer 6 months ago. I have been submitting shows via paperwork for 7 yrs! It is more time consuming and a problem when it comes to deadlines and you have to be really patient when you are off that 25 cents and it takes you 2 hrs to figure it out. But I loved doing it, but I am a paper and figures person, so it didnt bother me. But, until I had PP I didnt know how much easier PP was. I guess it is what you are accustomed to. You just have to prepare a little ex: when you need supplies, it will take a little bit longer because you have to mail your order in.
THanks for chiming in! I'm glad to hear that it worked for you for 7 years, with some better organization and patience. I don't think my soon-to-be recruit even has an email address. Since she's borrowing her cousin's computer to sign up, she may need to enter an email address in the process. She can probably just sign up for a free yahoo one or something. That's a snag I guess she'll run into.

I hope it doesn't deter her because not only will she love doing PC, she'll even earn some $$ to put towards a new computer if she wants one!! :)

Here's a question...I know you're not supposed to submit online agreements for your recruits, but what if they've filled out a paper agreement in it's entirety? I feel like then it's okay to submit one online for them, since they've signed the agreement themselves. You're just speeding up the time it will take for them to get their kit.

What are your opinions on this?

noradawn said:
I know you're not supposed to submit online agreements for your recruits, but what if they've filled out a paper agreement in it's entirety? I feel like then it's okay to submit one online for them, since they've signed the agreement themselves. You're just speeding up the time it will take for them to get their kit.

What are your opinions on this?
If I have a recruit without a computer and she filled out the paper agreement and signed it I would ask her permission to send it on line. I offer her the choice to come to my home to do it or to be on the phone so I can read what the screen's saying. If she agrees that by signing the agreement she is giving me permission to submit it electronically, I do it. But I have had people who WANTED it to take that extra time because of the money or they just want to mail it in so I ALWAYS ask what they want. Whatever, the bottom line is that it is their agreement and however they want me to submit it is how we do.

That having been said, most people WANT to push that button and they are excited about it so they find a way to do it. Even putting it in the mailbox is exciting - you've DONE it!

I have submitted my recruits agreements online for each one of them. We go over the paper version together at our interview, fill it out, then I go online and submit it.

Just seems to be faster, and easier, for my recruit!

I just wanted to say to whoever created PP....God Bless You!! I submitted my first show by mail because i didnt have my card or number yet. I had to go to all the banks, cash the checks, get the money order, get the envelope, and then get it in the mail. I was so annoyed by the time it was over I told my husband there has to be an easier way. And I know the .25 cent remark to well. That show was like 58 cents off or something and it took me over an hour to figure out where it was. I used to do taxes and wasnt as annoyed!! But then I had my next show and used PP and I swear I fell in love!! PP is awesome!!!

What is "Got a Problem With Recruit"?

"Got a Problem With Recruit" is an online platform that helps companies and organizations with their recruitment processes. It offers tools and resources to streamline the hiring process and find the best candidates for the job.

How does "Got a Problem With Recruit" work?

The platform allows companies to post job openings and receive applications from interested candidates. It also offers features such as resume screening, candidate assessment, and interview scheduling to help make the recruitment process more efficient.

Is "Got a Problem With Recruit" free to use?

There is no cost to sign up and create an account on "Got a Problem With Recruit", but there may be fees for additional services or features. It is best to check the website for the most up-to-date pricing information.

Can "Got a Problem With Recruit" guarantee the quality of candidates?

"Got a Problem With Recruit" does not guarantee the quality of candidates, as the final hiring decision ultimately lies with the company. However, the platform offers tools and resources to help companies find the most suitable candidates for their job openings.

Is "Got a Problem With Recruit" only for large companies?

No, "Got a Problem With Recruit" is suitable for companies of all sizes. The platform offers customizable plans and features to cater to the specific needs of each organization, whether it is a small startup or a large corporation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • chefgirlrd
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • AZPampered Chef