• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Husband and Wife Team: How They Work Together in the Entertainment Industry

In summary, one person signs up and they just trade off doing shows. Does anyone know? We have a couple that just signed on our team that are doing it that way. The problem is the our insurance only covers the one that signed up.
bbenton4
How does that work? Does one person sign up and they just trade off doing shows? Does anyone know?

we have a couple that just signed on our team that are doing it that way. The problem is the our insurance only covers the one that signed up.

Usually one signs up and they either do the shows together or the one who isn't the official consultant does the paperwork and helps with the behind the scenes tasks. Our liability insurance does not cover damages caused by non-consultants so the preson who signed really needs to be at the show doing the demo.

My boyfriend and I do all of our shows together. I do most of the administration stuff and he assists me at the show. Carries the crates in, helps me prepare recipes and entertain guests, and assists with dishes. He is a great Up-Seller and works with guests while I put in orders. We consider it our date night with a paycheck :)

You just have to make sure the person who signs, does the demos...he/she is the ONLY one cover under the insurance.

Ginny

ughubug said:
My boyfriend and I do all of our shows together. I do most of the administration stuff and he assists me at the show. Carries the crates in, helps me prepare recipes and entertain guests, and assists with dishes. He is a great Up-Seller and works with guests while I put in orders. We consider it our date night with a paycheck :)

I love that idea....DH is all about saving money...but just can't picture him actually doing this:rolleyes:

;) My husband and I are a team signed up under my name.
We are having a BLAST!!!
I talk about host benefits and business opportunity. He usually demos the main course then I do the dessert.
I also take care of the paperwork and he sometimes does the dishes from our shows ;)

If a couple of friend do this would splitting up the commission would be up to them right? I just had this question about signing up together to split the cost of the kit.
For some reason I'm having a hard time getting people to sign even with a $40credit some people can't come up with the money when they need the money. I'm thinking of offering them a layaway system to just get them stared.

I wouldn't let 2 people sign up and "split" the kit - for the reasons named above (liability). I always tell people that they can put the kit on their credit card, and by the time the bill comes, they'll have gotten their first commission check from PC and can pay it off then! :)

Wife and I just signed up and hosting our first show tonight! When we practiced I did more of the demo and we took turns talking, so we'll see how it goes. Looking forward to working together, kind of a date night for us.

David and Tami

kisrae said:
If a couple of friend do this would splitting up the commission would be up to them right? I just had this question about signing up together to split the cost of the kit.
For some reason I'm having a hard time getting people to sign even with a $40credit some people can't come up with the money when they need the money. I'm thinking of offering them a layaway system to just get them stared.
I have heard of friends doing this but they do need to consider several things, especially taxes and liability.

I have a 2 person team in my cluster. They both get shows, they both do the shows - the consultant does the demo, the other person does the dishes but they both answer questions and talk about the products. The consultant does the paperwork.

It's important to note that the consultant gets a 1099 from Pampered Chef and is liable to pay taxes accordingly so splitting the commission down the middle would not be a fair split when you are not talking about a married couple. The consultant team I have are related (aunt/niece) and a sister of the niece (consultant) does their taxes. She has worked out a formula where the consultant pays the other person a percent of the commissions. They both pay taxes on their portion of their business. I know it's complicated and anyone planning to do this really needs to consult a tax professional. The only type of team that wouldn't need to do this is a husband/wife team because of the joint tax status.

ONLY the consultant is covered under our liability insurance so teams need to take great care on who does what at a show to assure they are covered.

1. How do husband and wife teams in the entertainment industry balance work and personal life?

Balancing work and personal life is crucial for any married couple, especially in the demanding entertainment industry. Husband and wife teams often have to set clear boundaries and communicate effectively to ensure they have quality time together outside of work. It is also important for them to support each other's careers and find ways to collaborate and work together whenever possible.

2. What are the advantages of working with your spouse in the entertainment industry?

One of the biggest advantages of working with your spouse in the entertainment industry is the level of trust and understanding between the two of you. This can lead to a strong and cohesive team dynamic, as well as the ability to make important decisions together without any conflicting interests. Additionally, couples in the entertainment industry often have a deeper understanding of each other's strengths and weaknesses, which can lead to a more efficient and successful working relationship.

3. How do husband and wife teams handle conflicts or disagreements in the workplace?

Just like any other work partnership, conflicts or disagreements can arise between husband and wife teams in the entertainment industry. The key to handling these situations is effective communication and compromise. It is important for both partners to listen to each other's perspectives and find a solution that works for both of them. It may also be helpful to establish a system for resolving conflicts in a professional and respectful manner.

4. Are there any challenges that come with working with your spouse in the entertainment industry?

Working with your spouse in the entertainment industry can come with its own set of challenges. One of the biggest challenges is separating work and personal life, as it can be difficult to switch off from work mode when your partner is also your colleague. It is also important for husband and wife teams to maintain a sense of individuality and not let their professional identities overshadow their personal relationship.

5. How do husband and wife teams in the entertainment industry support each other's career growth?

In order to thrive as a husband and wife team in the entertainment industry, it is important for both partners to support each other's career growth. This can mean taking turns in the spotlight, promoting each other's work, and offering constructive criticism and advice. It is also important for couples to have open and honest conversations about their career goals and find ways to help each other achieve them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 11accold
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melissa3026
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
melissa3026
  • ChefMommyof3Boys