• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Successful Sell-a-thon Day - 5 Possible Recruits!

In summary, Beth had a great day today with four possible recruits. She got five bookings and lost three if they sign up. Her secret was sitting down and talking to them while they were waiting for others to come.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I had two shows today and needed them to be good to reach the next sell-a-thon level. I got that and much more! One closed today and the other will go in on Tuesday so they will both count but more important FOUR (4) people at the second show took recruiting packets. Two are very serious, one took it for her new daughter in law and the last one took it but English was her second language (she's Asian) so I'm not totally sure she understood. I also got 5 bookings! I will lose 3 of them if those who took info decide to sign but that's okay with me!

No, wait! It was 5 people who are possible recruits! The host had tried consulting in the past (under my director) and as I was leaving and we were talking about how serious her DIL was (and we agreed that she is very!) she said that she has thought SHE would want to try again - just not quite yet.

WOO HOO!!!! Now just to get them to sign on the bottom line!

Great! You go, Beth!!

Wow! Sounds like you had an awesome day! What's your secret?!?!?!?

Way to go Beth!!!

You go Girl!! That's AWESOME!!!:D

Good for you, Beth! Keep us posted!

Beth, that is AWESOME!!!

Congratulations, WAY TO GO!!! :D

Congratulations, Beth!

Woohoo!!!!!!! Awesome Beth!

So how did you aproach talking about the Opp?

That's great Beth!! So...what did you do? How did you talk abotu the biz?
I can't wait to hear that you sign them ALL!!!!!

dannyzmom said:
That's great Beth!! So...what did you do? How did you talk abotu the biz?
I can't wait to hear that you sign them ALL!!!!![/QUOTE]
Woundn't THAT be great! I doubt that but I will do my best!

My secret? I sat down with them while we were waiting for a few stragglers and got into their conversations. I talked about what they were talking about and then threw in a PC nugget here and there. When one was talking about an upcoming wedding and the couple's finances we talked about the bridal shower and then PC (including paychecks) so she said she wanted something to give them. The host's daughter piped up that she wanted the info too. She is the strongest lead. Came back with several questions several times.

I had planted those seeds and then when we did the demo I told my usual story and they weren't as glassy eyed as is often the case.:p

At checkout the past host who sells Mary Kay (unsuccessfully) was chatting about her laments in the business and asked for information about PC. As I was leaving the show the host (a former consultant for my director who didn't even qualify) said she has not ruled out trying PC again - the first time she felt "pushed" and she just wasn't ready. She's not ready now either but feels closer.

The 5th recruit marked interest on the drawing slip but in talking with her I'm not sure she understood. We'll see.

Everyone was coming from different places and having that relaxed conversation time with them opened the opportunity to talk about PC in ways that touched them all. (Well, there were 10 people there so half of them.)

No magic. Just love what you do and be relaxed. I TELL people that I will not project my desire for them to start their busines on them. I want them to succeed and THEY have to want it for that to happen. They appreciate it and are more open to at least looking at the info.

PS: Yesterday's first show was with a former consultant who started the show with "I had 10 shows scheduled that January and all of them cancelled. That was it. No one took recruiting info. I did get 3 bookings but 2 are doubtful to hold and the other was a fall show with the host. So glad I went to that one with my slate wiped clean - evey show - every group - is different. Don't let one make you discouraged. It's not the store clerk's problem that you just got cutoff in traffic (KWIM?)

You never know... ASK everyone - BE happy with what you do - CHAT with them - DON'T get discouraged - ENJOY what you have - FORGIVE your mistakes - GIVE and you will get - HAVE fun - INSTILL need for the products - JUST relax - KEEP a smile on your face - LOVE what you do - MAKE a difference - NEVER talk people into things - OFFER them the information - PRAY for guidance - QUIT worrying - REMEMBER why you do the business - SAY what's in your heart - TELL them about your passion - UNDERSTAND that everyone is coming from a different place - VARY your show - WORK your business - X-PECT results - YOU are an example to others - ZIP it and listen to what they are saying.

Last edited:
what greaat advice Beth!!

And congratulations on such an awesome show!!

That's great, Beth!! I hope these all come through for you. Or even just some of them!:)

CONGRATULATIONS BETH! :p :D :) :p :D :) :p

RecruitingBETH - WHAT DO YOU SAY??? I NEED HELP IN THIS AREA.

Bonnie
PS Maybe you say more further in the thread, but I got too excited.... lol!:p

alwaysbusymama said:
BETH - WHAT DO YOU SAY??? I NEED HELP IN THIS AREA.
I don't have a script. I just talk to people and find out what's going on in their life and see if I can find a fit for them and PC, then plant the seed. If they are interested at all we go from there. I am not an expert. I am not a top recruiter. But I would love to be there and I am working on it! One of my goals for this year is TPC in recruiting.

Beth, I love all the stuff you put in blue. Your comments always reflect the attitude I'm aiming for with this business. Thanks for the words...I'm printing them out at posting them in my office (I tend to be visual).

thanks
kris

Thanks, Kris! I actually thought of that as I typed. I was going to do ABC (like simple as ABC...) but got carried away. So glad you liked it!

What is a Sell-a-thon Day?

A Sell-a-thon Day is a special event where Pampered Chef consultants focus on booking as many parties as possible in one day, with the goal of recruiting at least 5 new consultants.

How do I prepare for a Sell-a-thon Day?

To prepare for a Sell-a-thon Day, make sure you have a list of potential hosts and guests to reach out to, set a goal for how many parties you want to book, and have all the necessary materials and information ready to share with potential recruits.

What are some tips for a successful Sell-a-thon Day?

Some tips for a successful Sell-a-thon Day include setting a specific goal, offering incentives for bookings and recruits, utilizing social media and personal connections to reach out to potential hosts and guests, and staying organized with follow-up and tracking progress throughout the day.

How can I effectively recruit new consultants during a Sell-a-thon Day?

During a Sell-a-thon Day, it's important to share your personal story and passion for Pampered Chef with potential recruits. Offer them incentives and the opportunity to join your team and be a part of a supportive community. Also, be prepared to answer any questions they may have about becoming a consultant.

What are some common mistakes to avoid during a Sell-a-thon Day?

Some common mistakes to avoid during a Sell-a-thon Day include not having a clear goal or plan, not following up with potential recruits or party bookings, and not utilizing all available resources and connections. It's also important to not come across as pushy or aggressive, as this can turn potential recruits away.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • ChefinHarmony
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • krzymomof4