• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Background Requirements for Pampered Chef: Addressing Criminal Record Concerns

In summary, Pampered Chef requires all employees to pass a criminal background check, including checking for past convictions or pending charges. A bad credit history will not affect your chances of being hired, but a credit check may be conducted for certain positions. Drug screenings may also be part of the background check process for some positions. Employment history will be verified by contacting previous employers and checking references. The background check process usually takes 1-2 weeks, but can vary depending on the complexity and responsiveness.
MomToEli
Ok ... I'm coming from a very regulated industry, where any type of criminal record, even from many years ago, precludes one from being able to be licensed in our industry ...

So, is there any requirements for Pampered Chef regarding background? I have a prospective recruit that *may* (I don't know for sure yet) have a criminal background - perhaps involving a bad check. Would that prevent her from being able to be a consultant?

I see no problem with that. As long as they have a SSN, it shouldn't be a problem.

What you have to remember is that we don't hire people. People make a minimal investment into their own business.

I don't think there is anything that would prevent someone from becoming a consultant.

So far as I know, PC does not do any background checks. I didn't know it until after a consultant signed up but she had spent some time in jail. I had asked her to come with me to a meeting in Austin and she replied that her parole officer wouldn't let her leave town. I thought ok, well good for you for trying to do something with your life now - - - unfortunately she didn't... She never submitted a show.

Good Luck and I hope she works out for you.

Thanks for the replies and encouragement. What I've met of her, she is a really sweet little gal.

In my other business life we are also self employed - not hired, but invest in our own businesses. But it is a regulated industry. Quite heavily, in fact. So, I've lost touch with how the rest of the world operates :D

1. What kind of background check do I need to pass to work for Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef requires all employees to pass a criminal background check before being hired. This includes checking for any past convictions or pending charges.

2. Will a bad credit history affect my chances of being hired?

No, a bad credit history will not disqualify you from being hired at Pampered Chef. However, we do conduct a credit check for certain positions that involve handling financial transactions.

3. Do you conduct drug screenings as part of the background check process?

Yes, Pampered Chef may conduct drug screenings as part of the background check process for certain positions.

4. Will my employment history be verified?

Yes, we do verify employment history to ensure accurate information is provided on your application. This may include contacting previous employers and checking references.

5. How long does the background check process usually take?

The background check process typically takes 1-2 weeks, but can vary depending on the complexity of the check and the responsiveness of previous employers or references.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • cincychef