• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Marketing to Empty Nester Stay-at-Home Wives: Ideas for Success

In summary, the woman is thinking about doing this but is unsure if she has a customer base. She is an empty nester and is interested in learning more about marketing herself to this demographic.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
I have a possible recruit from my tap class who has thought about doing this but isn't sure if she would have enough of a customer base. She is a self-proclaimed "Lady of Leisure" - she doesn't work outside the home AND is an empty nester. I offered Mommy and Me shows because I have a consultant who has done them and was successful. She wasn't too keen on it. She wants to know if anyone has successfully marketed themselves to the empty nester stay at home wife crowd...any ideas?

Well, I just have to point out that all of us in essence start without a real customer base. I know a lot of people but they all have shows booked with other consultants. You have to just get out there and do your thing.

Remind her that by being an empty nester/stay at home wife, she has the ability to do things that those of us working don't. Like visiting businesses and doing office shows or shows at banks...

Ask her if she goes to the grocery store, hair salon, bank, department store, doctor, dentist, etc. She can search for business in all those places!

Dude, she just made her own theme shows. Tell her she's a genius and sign her up! :D

I find those stay at home empty nester types to be my best customers. It takes a little more coaxing to get the booking, but they seem to be settled enough to have the money to spend. They aren't having to pay for their kids anymore so they have more money to spend on themselves.
I think that is a great niche in this business, and without those types, I would have very low sales at every show.

sillylittlechef said:
They aren't having to pay for their kids anymore so they have more money to spend on themselves.

I agree with this. Also, even if they don't "need" product they always have someone in their life that does!

1. How can I effectively reach empty nester stay-at-home wives for my products?

One effective way to reach this target demographic is by utilizing social media platforms, particularly Facebook and Instagram. These platforms allow you to target specific demographics, such as age and marital status, and showcase your products through visually appealing posts and advertisements.

2. What types of products are popular among empty nester stay-at-home wives?

Products that cater to convenience and leisure tend to be popular among this demographic. This can include kitchen gadgets, home decor, and self-care products. It's important to also consider the interests and hobbies of this group, such as gardening or cooking, when marketing your products.

3. How can I build a relationship with empty nester stay-at-home wives to increase sales?

One effective way to build a relationship with this demographic is by hosting in-home cooking or product demonstration parties. This allows you to showcase your products in a personal and interactive setting, while also getting to know your customers and their needs. Additionally, offering special promotions or discounts for returning customers can also help build loyalty.

4. Do empty nester stay-at-home wives prefer online shopping or in-store shopping?

This can vary among individuals, but many empty nester stay-at-home wives prefer the convenience of online shopping. However, offering both online and in-store options can cater to a wider range of preferences. It's also important to have a user-friendly website and offer secure payment options to ensure a positive online shopping experience for this demographic.

5. How can I stand out from competitors when marketing to empty nester stay-at-home wives?

One way to stand out is by highlighting the quality and unique features of your products. Also, consider offering exclusive deals or bundling products together to provide added value for customers. Additionally, building a strong brand with a clear message and appealing visuals can also help differentiate your products from competitors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Amy simpson
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • finley1991