• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Possibilities: Recruiting in a Fickle Market

In summary, the market in our area is very fickle and her husband is not supportive of her wanting to be a consultant because she has ruined all of his kitchenware. She also told me that if she doesn't want to do PC anymore after 4 shows, she can keep the kit, but it is important that she gives it a try.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have someone that is possibly interested in signing, but there are a few sticking points. If she signs she wants this to replace her full time job because she hates it, and she burns toast.
1. The market in our area is very fickle, especially here lately. Not to mention there are a ton of consultants in our area and surrounding. Her husband is not very supportive of it because she has ruined all most all of his kitchenware and doesn't think PC can even stand up to her being the one in the kitchen .

I want to be able to offer this to her with excitement, but also being realistiic. The chances of her replacing her full time income may be unreasonable. I also mentioned it to her hubby about them being a team or him being a consultant and he laughed at me.

Any ideas on how not to lose this possible recruit without her thinking she is going to make a million bucks, especially in our type of community.

I would love to replace my full salary but have to be realistic that in my area it is not feasible.

I think you just give her all the info you have and let her make her decision. You do not want a recruit who will be disappointed. I would tell her all the ups and downs off being a consultant and the flow of your market. Just make things realistic for her and let her take it from there.

As far as the "burning toast" I do not think that will be a problem b/c PC has so many easy recipes. Sell her a timer for when to check the oven for doneness!!!!:D Wait, I think that comes in the kit! ha!

Nope. No timer. :(

i wish it did come with a timer!

And for your recruit, will she replace her full-time income? Only she can determine that. Her FT may be minimum wage, or it could be alot, you really don't know. What she really needs to know is that she probably will not be able to match it at first, but given WORK and DETERMINATION she CAN succeed. But again it comes down to what is more important, the $$ or time with her family, flexibility, etc.

She works for the apartment complex that she lives in. She didn't give me figures, but said her rent would go up to $800 if she quit.

so, is she looking to replace her income or the difference in rent? Or both?

I think both.

I think that when you have something positive in your life like PC, it makes the other stuff not so bad. I would just tell her: Give it a try and after 4 shows, if you have no bookings or don't want to do it, you can keep the kit, but its important that she gives it a try.

jokingly tell the husband she doesn't have to make toast anymore everything will have a crescent roll base or if he insists on toast she can make it on a stone

I would be very honest with them up front, maybe offer them your commission statements to look at and tell them this paycheck based on PC being your hobby, PT or full time job. (& let them know it isn't consistent from month to month... ) I've found that is hard for some people to understand that they don't make $800 (or whatever each month) that it varies with their sales!!

1. How can I stand out in a competitive job market?

One way to stand out in a competitive job market is to highlight your unique skills and experiences. This could include any relevant certifications or specialized training, as well as any specific accomplishments or projects you have worked on. You can also differentiate yourself by showcasing your personality and passion for the job during the interview process.

2. What are some effective strategies for recruiting top talent?

Some effective strategies for recruiting top talent include networking, utilizing social media and online job boards, offering competitive compensation and benefits, and creating a positive company culture. It can also be helpful to have a clear job description and a streamlined hiring process to attract and retain high-quality candidates.

3. How important is employer branding in attracting job seekers?

Employer branding is crucial in attracting job seekers, especially in a fickle market. A strong employer brand can help differentiate your company from competitors and attract top talent who align with your company's values and culture. It can also improve employee satisfaction and retention, as well as enhance your reputation in the industry.

4. How can I adapt my recruiting techniques to a changing job market?

To adapt your recruiting techniques to a changing job market, it is important to stay informed about current trends and shifts in the industry. This may involve using different recruitment channels, such as virtual job fairs or online networking events, and being open to remote or flexible work arrangements. Additionally, regularly reassessing and adjusting your recruitment strategies can help keep your approach fresh and effective.

5. How can I effectively communicate the benefits of working for my company to potential candidates?

To effectively communicate the benefits of working for your company, it is important to have a thorough understanding of your company's unique selling points and values. This could include highlighting opportunities for growth and development, a positive work-life balance, or a strong company culture. It can also be helpful to share employee testimonials or success stories to showcase the benefits of being a part of your organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • icerneaccorie