• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Double Bookings: Who Keeps Kit Credit?

The kit credit can be used with any consultant, regardless of who did the show... I did a show for a member of my downline when she came down ill last second. I recruited the host for her and submitted the show with a kit credit. When it came time for the host to sign her contract, she used the kit credit but typed in my consultants # and everything went through just fine and I had a new future Director on my team!
heather9892
ok long story short.....a cluster mate double booked herself thinking a host would cancel
i didnt have a show and needed the money for conference so she offered it to me
she came did short demo then left, i finished off the demo and did the ordering and clean up etc
we agreed prior to the show we would split everything down the center, but at the moment the sales are only $226
the host is considering becoming a consultant
here is the question i need help with

if the hostess gets enough orders to take advantage of a kit credit does it follow her or stay with the consultant?
eg. if i submitt show under me and she signs under other consultant can she still use it?

hope this makes sense
tia

That does seem like a weird situation to me! I'm just curious that if the other consultant overbooked and "gave" you the show, why was she there and how exactly are you going to split it? Are you going to give her a check for 1/2 the commission? I don't know how the kit credit would work, but I think that in the future I would tell someone who offered to "give" you a show, that it's just that, a gift/favor. And that it is now YOUR show, with bookings/leads etc. Maybe that's being selfish, but I think that is the only one way to not get into a sticky situation after the fact. Hopefully you could return the favor one day if something happens and you can't do a scheduled show.

I agree with Amy07

A host can sign w/ anyone - it doesn't have to be with the consultant that did the show.

But I agree - when someone gives away a show, it should be w/o strings.

My director gave me a show in June - turned into a $1500 show w/ 3 bookings - and she didn't expect anything from me for it.
HOWEVER - because she had worked w/ the host before, when the host asked me questions about the business, I referred her back to my director - I thought that was the right thing to do.

ChefBeckyD said:
A host can sign w/ anyone - it doesn't have to be with the consultant that did the show.

But I agree - when someone gives away a show, it should be w/o strings.

My director gave me a show in June - turned into a $1500 show w/ 3 bookings - and she didn't expect anything from me for it.
HOWEVER - because she had worked w/ the host before, when the host asked me questions about the business, I referred her back to my director - I thought that was the right thing to do.

I agree with you on that Becky! But, if it had been a guest that was interested in the opportunity, then I think it would be a different story. ;)

like i said long story:rolleyes:
i just wanted to make sure that the kit credit would follow her if she did decide to sign up:)
as would all the bookings:)
thanks everyone

good luck Heather! I'm sure everything will turn out ok for you!

thanks amy

Did you find the answer to your question? Does the kit credit go with the consultant that submits the show or the consultant that the host picks?

Chef Kearns said:
Did you find the answer to your question? Does the kit credit go with the consultant that submits the show or the consultant that the host picks?

The kit credit can be used with any consultant, regardless of who did the show...

I did a show for a member of my downline when she came down ill last second. I recruited the host for her and submitted the show with a kit credit. When it came time for the host to sign her contract, she used the kit credit but typed in my consultants # and everything went through just fine and I had a new future Director on my team!

I submitted the show because as a Director, I make a higher comission rate. I wrote my consultant a check for half the comission because after all, it was her lead, host coaching, etc. that got me there. Just felt like the right thing to do.

1. How do I handle double bookings as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Double bookings can happen when two or more customers want to host a party on the same date. As a consultant, it is important to communicate with both customers and decide who will keep the kit credit for the party.

2. Who gets to keep the kit credit in a double booking situation?

The host who booked the party first will get to keep the kit credit. If the parties were booked on the same day, the host who has the larger party size or sales will be given the kit credit.

3. How can I avoid double bookings as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To avoid double bookings, it is important to keep a schedule and communicate clearly with customers. Make sure to confirm party dates and times with customers and update your schedule as soon as a party is booked.

4. What should I do if I have a double booking with two parties of equal size and sales?

In this situation, it is best to communicate with both customers and see if one of them is willing to reschedule for a different date. If both parties are unable to reschedule, you can offer to split the kit credit between them or offer a different incentive.

5. Can I transfer kit credit to a different party if I have a double booking?

No, kit credit cannot be transferred to a different party. It is important to honor the host who booked the party first or has the larger party size or sales. However, you can offer a different incentive or bonus to the customer who had to reschedule their party due to a double booking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Daron
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dwyerkim
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • Gagescorpages