• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doesn't Have the Money for the Kit

L
ltkacz
I have 2 recruit leads that really want to sign, yet don't have the money for the kit due to being on "hard times". Any suggestions on how to help them??

You could have them host a show, and use the Kit credit to help ease the cost, whatever you do.. do not offer to buy the kit for them. If that doesn't work maybe a garage sale, or rummage sale, or some sort of fund raiser might help them.... the garage sale is probably the better idea next to the kit credit.

This can be tough. You don't want to appear condescending, nor should you pay for the kits with an expectation of repayment.

Some of the best ideas I've seen have included:
* Get several shows booked in close, including a couple of catalog shows that can be closed as soon as the recruit gets the kit. Order the kit on a credit card. They will get commission soon enough to pay it off without penalties.

* Have a garage sale.

* Offer them a $20 credit if they qualify in 30 days. You'll pay them that amount, but by then they'll have gotten off to a good start. You'll make the money back in overrides (if you're an FD or above).

If they really want it, they will be open to suggestions. Ask them if you can offer a few before you go into what they should do. Offer a yard sale, borrow from family, sell stuff on Ebay, use a CC (they will pay back their kit after using kit credit with their first 4 shows - it is mathematically impossible not to do so) and anything else you can think of.

lend them a kit so they can do shows prior to signing and submit them close to a cut off so they get paid quick.
beg borrow or steal (kidding) the money. i agree if they want it bad enough they will find a way to get the money
there is those awful pay day loan places if they have no other option

The one time I caved in and felt bad for someone who didn't have the money, and put it on my CC - she ended up being a Kit-napper, and I never heard from her again - or got my money back!

At least it was the old kit, and only $50, since she had used a $40 kit credit.

heather9892 said:
lend them a kit so they can do shows prior to signing and submit them close to a cut off so they get paid quick.
beg borrow or steal (kidding) the money. i agree if they want it bad enough they will find a way to get the money
there is those awful pay day loan places if they have no other option

Having them do catalog shows before signing would work.... but doing a Cooking Show could pose a problem prior to actually signing an agreement, as we pay for insurance as a consultant. Tricky ground, there, IMO...

Borrowing the money for the kit or holding a yard sale are probably the best options. That's what I would do...

This was addressed several years ago at Conference by Doris herself in that some other DS companies give kits away free to consultants. She feels that if there is a monetary investment, people will take it more seriously.

There are several ways to get the $$$... plus, if the potential consultant has her first shows booked and ready to go, she can put it on her cc and get paid before the billing cycle completes.

finley1991 said:
This was addressed several years ago at Conference by Doris herself in that some other DS companies give kits away free to consultants. She feels that if there is a monetary investment, people will take it more seriously.
I heard that as one of the reasons they went ahead with the new, more expensive kit, too. Under $100, people don't take it seriously.

apprently they still do not take it seriously..... my loan recruit will not do anything at all ... I am a little more than frustrated about it.

We just did a "Cook and Look" and money was also an issue with 2 people. Show them on paper that if they have a party and earn $40 kit credit and do 4 shows with JUST $150 each, their commission check will be $120 and they will have earned 100 PC dollars that they can use towards products. Between the value of the kit, the kit credit, the commission and the 100 PC dollars, they are hundreds of dollars ahead.

I used paper $50 bills printed from a play money website. The dollars look real, but are smaller in size and printed in black and white. When you start flipping them out...it is a powerful visual. I showed them what my newest recruit earned...he hit 4 shows and $1250 in sales in his first month. The $200 in play bills really hit home for them.

Just make sure they have 4 to 6 parties on their calendars before they sign. DON'T lend them the money. Borrowing money from someone else or putting on a credit card is best. (They will be able to pay off the sign up fee by the next billing cycle). I do agree with the rest...if they REALLY want it, they will find a way.

One of the Senior Directors in our upline cleaned a house to make the money she needed years ago. Boy, did that pay off for her!

Lisa

What GREAT ideas! I agree with loaning the $$$... I have never done this but I did offer one consultant a kit at half-price. She really didn't have any $$ and I decided to gamble on it. She is one of my best consultants. 2 kids under 3, in grad school full time and works full time as a school teacher. She is one of my highest sellers each month. So you never know... but again, I only gave her $45 (old kit) so she did make some investment in PC. Not sure I would do that again though. We had talked for about 4 months before I made her the offer. And now that I write this, I remember that I made the same offer to another lead at the same time and never heard back from her. Sometimes it's not th $$$... they just use that as an easy way to tell us "no."

1. How can I help my recruits who don't have the money for the kit?

One suggestion would be to offer a payment plan or discount for the kit. You can also suggest alternative ways for them to earn the money, such as fundraising or taking on part-time work.

2. Is there any financial assistance available for those who can't afford the kit?

Some companies may offer financial assistance programs for recruits who are experiencing financial difficulties. You can also reach out to your network or online community to see if anyone is willing to sponsor or donate a kit for your recruits.

3. What if my recruits are hesitant to ask for financial help?

It's important to create a supportive and understanding environment for your recruits. Let them know that it's okay to ask for help and that you are there to support them. You can also share your own experiences of overcoming financial challenges to help them feel more comfortable.

4. How can I prevent this issue from happening in the future?

One way to prevent this issue is to be transparent about the costs and requirements of the kit from the beginning. This can help potential recruits plan and save for the kit before signing up. You can also offer more affordable options or payment plans to make it more accessible for those with financial constraints.

5. Should I still try to recruit these individuals if they can't afford the kit?

Ultimately, the decision is up to you and your company's policies. However, it's important to remember that financial difficulties can be temporary and these individuals may still have potential as recruits. You can offer support and resources to help them overcome their current situation and potentially become successful recruits in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
heather223
  • melaniepc
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
melaniepc
  • PamperedK