• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Answer Quick! Can I Say This Truthfully??

C
chelynn
I am responding to some classified ads for people looking for jobs. This one individual only wants something where he can make $30 an hour. Here is what I am thinking of writing in response to him (inside my whole e-mail with other information, of course!):

"I know you are looking for $30 per hour, and you have the potential to make that or more with this opportunity!"

Here is my line of thought. If you make $100 for a show (which is about average, right?), and you put two hours into the actual show and one hour into all the other stuff--host coaching, submitting the order, etc.--that comes out to over $30 an hour. Right? :)

That is pretty much what my recruiter always used to say. She said sometimes you start at about $20 an hour and when she left the company she was closer to $40 an hour or more. It is definitely up to the individual.

Good to know--thanks!! Here is a slight alteration:

"I know you are looking for $30 per hour, and you have the potential to make that or more with this opportunity! You income may start lower initially, perhaps in the $20 an hour range, but as you get more comfortable and practiced in your position, the possibilities are endless--and depend entirely on you!"

Actually, the government says we can't say that we earn per hour. We don't earn a paycheck, we earn commission. I'll look around and see if I can find documentation.

Interesting! So maybe you could word it such that you aren't saying "per hour?" Like, "For approximately 3-4 hours of work, you could earn $90 or more."

Or not even that?

We earn commission on a graduated scale based on each month's sales. You have the potential to earn quite a bit - I have seen commission checks of $15,000 with the person only doing 3 cooking shows that month. Look at the flyers on this thread http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=21134 they spell out the potential earnings of doing one below average show each month for the next three months. Imagine if you did 2 shows each week...

Hi Kate-

What were the 7 questions someone said they saved that you had posted (was mentioned in the post you directed us to above)??

Would you mind showing me where to find them?

Thanks-
Kelly

Kelly I searched for the 7 questions for myself. It came from a post of Kate's back on 5/29. Here it is:

The 7 questions:

Tracy Williams
The “7 Questions”

Recruiting is EASY!!
(It REALLY is!)

• Breaking the Barriers
• Leading by Example
o Recruit “half of your Hosts” each month is a great place to start
 What is the average number our Directors are holding each month?
• (8 is what Directors usually tell me!)
• Then that would be 4 new consultants each month WITHOUT even considering other guests at shows.
o Once we consider those guests:
 8 shows x 10 in attendance = 80 people we have an audience with each month.
• WHY is it hard to consistently recruit? 

o It all starts at Host Coaching!
Most people talk themselves into, out of, and back into joining before they sign.
Right then & there when you are booking the show, say:
“Mary, I make it a point to tell all of my Hosts about the earning opportunities available to you as a Pampered Chef Consultant, because oftentimes Hosts like to use their show as a springboard to start their new business. I especially wanted to talk to you about it because … (insert personal compliment! ) Have you ever thought of doing anything like this before?”

If the answer is yes, or if the answer is no, proceed, and tell her you would love to have her on your team, and invite her to have a cup of coffee with you to hear more about it.
Remember, you are not asking her to sign right then & there, your INTENTION is to get the interview…set the appointment!

o THEN even if she decides NOT to join your team, you will have another opportunity to present it again the night of her show!

“Mary, I know when we last talked, the answer was no, but I still haven’t given up on you! Let me just show you something! First, look at the sales tonight…do you realize that I just made $XXX for hanging out & eating with you girls!? But here’s what I really want to know: Three of your friends booked shows here tonight…Are you going to go to those shows and spend money? (Of course the answer will be YES!) Then why not go out and MAKE money those nights!? I know you were thinking about it, and you know that you’ll never know if our opportunity is right for you, unless you TRY! What do you say? Let’s just do this! “
• Besides the Host, who else is there?
o What is a recruit lead?
 Fold the corners

• The interview
o Seven Questions
o Ask every potential consultant these 7 questions and then tell the Pampered Chef Story as it relates to his/her answers:

1. Why did you agree to see me today?
2. Have you ever done anything like this before?
3. What other work experiences have you had?
4. What clubs or organizations do you belong to? (hobbies)
5. How would your family feel if you were going to do something like this?
6. How much time would you have to give each week if you decided to do this?
7. How much money would you like to make?

• The close
o It’s only a REAL interview if you ask for the commitment
 Recruiting algebra
a. If “X” were not the problem, would you do this?
b. Then FIX “X”
 Scale of 1-10
a. On a scale of 1-10 (one being “no way.” 10 being “sign me up!” where would you say you are?
b. “What would it take to get you to 10?

Kate's correct...we as indepedent consutlants are not allowed to say "___ per hour" ~ it's due to the strict DSA regulations...Kate and I learned this at New Director's Academy.

Ginny

Good to know! Thanks Ginny!! :)

1. How much money can I make with this opportunity?

The potential for earning with this opportunity is great, as you have the potential to make $30 or more per hour.

2. Is $30 per hour a realistic expectation?

Yes, $30 per hour is definitely a realistic expectation with this opportunity.

3. How much time will I need to invest in this opportunity?

On average, you will need to invest about 3 hours per show, which includes the actual show time and other tasks such as host coaching and submitting orders.

4. Is the average earning of $100 per show accurate?

The average earning of $100 per show is accurate and can vary depending on factors such as location and audience size.

5. Is this opportunity worth my time and effort?

Based on the potential to make $30 or more per hour, this opportunity is definitely worth your time and effort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Chef Kearns
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • its_me_susan