• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cold Recruiting--From Classifieds "Looking for a Job"

C
chelynn
I've been looking at the classifieds lately, and have seen several people looking for part-time work with a good return. I would love to contact them about PC, but am a little nervous and don't know what to say.

Good idea? Bad idea? What to say??

I think it's a great idea. They posted the ad, and your responding. Just give them your recruiting talk.

Here's what I wrote. I would love suggestions to improve it!!! :)

Dear Future Team Member!

My name is Chelsea, and I am responding to your ******** about looking for work. I am looking for excited, dedicated people to join my high-energy team! We offer flexible hours--you choose when and how often you work--and great compensation, including numerous incentives like gift certificates, free products, and trips to places like Washington, D.C. or London! We also have unlimited room for advancement.

The position I am offering is perfect for a college student! You can work around your classes and other activities and build a schedule that suits your life. That also means that you can determine your income! If you want or need more money, work more! Want some time off? Work less! It is entirely up to you!

Your experience in customer service is a HUGE plus, as is your aptitude for math and computers. Customer service is the heart of what we do, and every transaction deals with math and computers. All of these traits would serve you well in this field! You are also high-energy, which is a MUST for this position! I would love to have you on my team!

Not only is this job flexible and rewarding, it is FUN, SOCIAL, and INTERACTIVE!

So what do I do? I am an Independent Consultant for The Pampered Chef®! I love my job, and I know you will love it too! I am the CEO of my own business--I call the shots and make the decisions. My "work" involves meeting great people and building relationships with my customers. I choose when I want to work, and I am in charge of how much I earn. I finally have control over my time and my money, and I want the same for you! You will be fully trained through meetings, observations, online classes, and our exclusive training DVD.

Your starter kit will contain a sampling of our very best products, as well as business supplies, a buisness guide, CDs and DVDs for training, and fabulous software to manage your business! It has everything you need to get off to a great start! You can begin your business for only $155, and you receive over $500 worth of our amazing products and great business tools. Ask me how to receive a $40 discount on your kit--that's over $500 of products and business tools for only $115!!!

Are you excited? Intrigued? Even slightly interested?

Here's the best part: You can try it out! If you love it, go for it! If it doesn't work for you, at least you gave it a shot, and got some great products out of the deal! Because we want you to succeed, we ask that you commit to four shows, which will more than likely return your initial investment plus some, and you will earn more free products in the process!

I would love to talk to you about this opportunity, and answer any questions you may have. If you send me your phone number, I can even have my director call you to make sure you have all the information you need. You can also learn more about the company at our website: www.pamperedchef.com. Please contact me as soon as possible to begin the best "job" you'll ever have!

Sincerely,
Chelsea ******

WOW! What a great letter! I might have to do this... what a great idea.

Since you asked, here are my thoughts...
>I would add something about constant support from other local consultants and the continual training at conferences and on CC.
>But, I personally would take out the part about having your director give them a call. I think it makes it sound like you don't have all the answers. While you probably don't have the answer to every question they will ask and should always say that when asked a question you don't know, I wouldn't offer that information before necessary. Plus, to me, it just SCREAMS Multi-Level Marketing and I think that will turn people away.
>And I would direct them to my own PWS instead of PC's site. If they are really interested, they should be able to find PC's site. If you send them to PC's site, you run the risk of them typing in their info and HO sending it as a lead to a local director... then you wouldn't get them as a recruit!
That's JMTC!

But, still, a phenomenal letter! I would have never thought to do this. I love getting other ideas from cheffers!!!

Good points Katie! With the director part, I was thinking really for my own benefit, since I have NEVER done a recruiting call, as I have been a consultant for less than 30 days and done ONE show, lol! You're right, I'll change that. :)

I also don't have a website yet (waiting for commission $$ to pay for that), but that's a good point about them just signing up there. Hmmm, what to do.

I like the part about constant support!

Thank you!!!

I also wanted to add that I am changing that second paragraph to address anything they mentioned in their ad, to make it personal to them. It is really easy--PC can work great for everyone!!! :)

From strictly an editor's perspective I would try to shave off 2-3 (if you can handle it...4) paragraphs. It may not look so long in an email, but I wouldn't want to give too much info right away. You want to make sure you are giving them the info that is important to them.

I would probably move up the "So what do I do?" paragraph. I like how you applied how their current abilities would work for PC.

Good job! Let us know how it goes!! :D

chelynn said:
Good points Katie! With the director part, I was thinking really for my own benefit, since I have NEVER done a recruiting call, as I have been a consultant for less than 30 days and done ONE show, lol! You're right, I'll change that. :)
I also don't have a website yet (waiting for commission $$ to pay for that), but that's a good point about them just signing up there. Hmmm, what to do.

I like the part about constant support!

Thank you!!!

I figured that is where you were going with the statement. I would just have your director on the call when you talk to person and then you can explain that you are still new (to the recruiting portion) and wanted to make sure they can get answers to all questions on the one call. You could also ask your director if you could conference in on a recruiting call she is doing before your first call, that way you have some idea of what to do/say. Hey, that's really a good idea... I might actually take my own advice on that one!!

Chef Kearns said:
From strictly an editor's perspective I would try to shave off 2-3 (if you can handle it...4) paragraphs. It may not look so long in an email, but I wouldn't want to give too much info right away. You want to make sure you are giving them the info that is important to them.

I would probably move up the "So what do I do?" paragraph. I like how you applied how their current abilities would work for PC.

Good job! Let us know how it goes!! :D
Ack! Really? Ooof, I'll work on it. :)

I had the So what do I do? paragraph towards the end because I wanted them to see how it could work for them and be interested before they found out what it was. Some people are turned off instantly by the thought of direct sales, KWIM? But there is something to letting them know right away. Hmmm, so much to think about! ;)

Thanks for the input! :D

Does anyone have a "help wanted" add in the paper? if so what does your say?

great letter!!!!!!
i might also be inclined to add something about owning a car or at least having access to one :)

1. Is cold recruiting from classifieds a good idea?

It can be a good idea, but it depends on your approach and the specific job seekers you are targeting. Some people may be open to hearing about potential job opportunities, while others may find it intrusive or annoying. It's important to have a clear and respectful message when reaching out to potential candidates.

2. Is cold recruiting from classifieds a bad idea?

It can be a bad idea if you do not have a specific job or opportunity to offer, or if you are not familiar with the person or their qualifications. Cold recruiting can also be seen as spammy or intrusive if not done properly. It's important to be respectful and genuine in your approach.

3. What should I say when cold recruiting from classifieds?

It's important to be clear and concise when reaching out to potential candidates. Start by introducing yourself and your company, and then explain why you think they would be a good fit for the job opportunity. Let them know of any specific qualifications or experience that caught your attention and ask if they would be interested in hearing more about the opportunity.

4. How do I make sure I am not being intrusive when cold recruiting?

One way to avoid being intrusive is to make sure you have a specific job or opportunity to offer. This shows that you have taken the time to target the right candidates and are not just sending out mass messages. Additionally, be respectful of their time and do not pressure them into responding or taking the opportunity if they are not interested.

5. Is cold recruiting from classifieds an effective way to find candidates?

It can be an effective way to find candidates, as long as it is done properly and with a targeted approach. It's important to remember that not everyone will be open to hearing about job opportunities, so it may take some trial and error to find the right candidates. However, it can be a useful strategy for finding potential candidates who may not be actively searching for jobs but could be a good fit for your company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • raebates