• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Care Calls and Follow Ups

In summary, Rae Bates, a Pampered Chef consultant, calls all her customers to make sure they are happy with their products and to ask if they are interested in hosting a show later in the year.
cookingmommy
Here's my lastest poll:

Do you do Customer Care Calls? Are these just to check on the person/product and then to have an "in" to approach them about hosting/becoming a PC Consultant?

When do you call people after the party? Do you call everyone that ordered something? Do you regularly call these people during the year too?

I want to stay in touch and stay fresh in my customers minds but don't want to seem pushy or bothersome.

Thanks for any advice.

I typically only call or email the guests that checked off yes or maybes on their contact slips unless we had a conversation at the show that I needed to get back to them on. I know I should do more but where is the time? I do mail fliers occassionally though.

I call everyone who places an order. I check to make sure they're loving their PC products and make sure they remember that they can call me for any reason at all.

Rae,
Would you like to share a typical starting line and what follows in your script for Customer Care calls?

Rae,

I would love to read a bit of your dialog also. I really want to call everyone to make sure that they are happy with their products and for them to know that I care/back the products that they are purchasing from me. Would that be a good time to place them on my newsletter mailing list?

Sure. It's nothing earth shattering, though. I start with the listing of who bought what for the show, and say:

Hi, I'm Rae Bates. I was the Pampered Chef consultant for Susie's party. [They usually reluctantly admit they remember me at this point. I think they're afraid I'm going to try to talk them into buying more/hosting a show/whatever.] I'm just calling to make sure you love you Pampered Chef products. [Exclamations of how wonderful PC products are.] So, you're using your [one or two products from the list of what they bought]? Great! Well, you have my name and number. If you ever lose it, Susie knows how to find me. Just remember that you can all me any time you have a problem or a question or need anything at all.

I often get responses that lead to additional sales or bookings, so those calls lead to more detailed discussions. This is, however, my standard spiel.

I do some CCC...I work full-time so mine aren't the morning after the show or that week like some people. I tend to wait about 3 weeks after the show then try to "check in" see if they got their products, if they opened them up, if they like them, see if they need any recipes or encouragement using them and then ask if they are interested in hosting a show later in the year if they didn't sign up for one.

I really focus on the customer service and make them feel like they really got their money's worth on the products and can use them. I figure in the long run in my business, people will remember me over consultant "X" because I showed a concern for them using their products and "checked in" without being pushy and offered them something for free (recipes).

...just my opinion/method...

Oh, yeah, forgot to add that I also give them extra hints for what they purchased if I can.

I finally "warned" the guests at my cooking show Thursday, that I would be calling them after they receive their products. They gave me their phone numbers anyway, so it won't feel weird that I'm calling them. Thanks for the suggestion, RAE, about what to say.

Thanks for the advice girls!!!! I actually am going to call my first party's guests starting today to make sure all their products are wonderful.

Do you guys keep a log that lets you know know when you called someone?

Also, would you call some of these people later in the year around the holidays or new product arrivals?

cookingmommy said:
Thanks for the advice girls!!!! I actually am going to call my first party's guests starting today to make sure all their products are wonderful.

Do you guys keep a log that lets you know know when you called someone?

Also, would you call some of these people later in the year around the holidays or new product arrivals?

I used to call all my customers about a month after they received their products. But I had to let something go in my business b/c it was taking too much of my personal time & affecting the other parts of my life, so unfortunately, I decided to let CCC be what goes. I will go back to them when I can b/c I do think they are important.

To answer your question about the log...I would use my copy of the receipt when I call them & mark CCC & the date in the corner of the receipt. That way, it would be on the receipt in case I couldn't remember who I called. I would also put LM if I had to leave a message. If I send an email instead, I would put CCE (customer care email) & the date.

To answer your second question, you could always ask people when you call if they would like you to call them when new products/holidays come out, or if they would like to receive a mini-catalog.

I have a 3-ring binder with a log I created that just has places for guest name, host name, and any action required. If someone says they need something or want to know when something's on sale, or whatever, I make note. There is also a place for me to check when I've completed the action if there's something specific they want me to do (send a recipe, add them to my newsletter list, etc.)

Of course, I'm also using the information from my drawing slip to make a wish list in PP. This way I have a place to check when the new specials are announced.

Rae,

Your log sounds great. You don't happen to have link copy to it do you. Otherwise I can figure one out. I figure don't mess with success.

Hey, I just noticed that you can put in a wishlist in the contact information in PP. Does PP let you know when products in that month go on special and who has those products in their wish list? Wouldn't that be great.

I just plugged in all my guests contact info from my four shows so far. I have noticed alot of people didn't give emails. I might try to pull them out of them during a CCC, lol.

I keep so many logs and lists and slips, I cant keep up. So I have started doing everything in P3. I love that I can put the notes right in there, can see exactly when and what they ordered...
i just hope they continue with the updates so that P3 and our PWS can be linked together.
Kristi

Kristi,

So putting it in PP(I don't have P3) do they have a spot where you can make notes about what you talked to a customer about and when, etc.

Can you link your PWS contacts into PP?

Thanks

Erin, I have Excel 2007. Unless you have it, too, you wouldn't be able to open it. Seriously, all I did was go into Excel and set up a simple spreadsheet with these headings:Name Host Action DoneThat's it. Well, okay, I make sure the row height is 24 so I have plenty of room to write.

Rae,

Thanks, I'll look into setting something up tommorrow.

cookingmommy said:
Kristi,

So putting it in PP(I don't have P3) do they have a spot where you can make notes about what you talked to a customer about and when, etc.

Can you link your PWS contacts into PP?

Thanks
Honestly i dont remember PP. I use P3. It has a place to keep notes within the contact page. I like it because it keeps it all in one place. It is a pain getting it all into p3- just so much to go through. I am still in the process.
I am sure there are even more functions I havent figured out yet.

I havent been utilizing the PWS contacts function at all. I finally went on there the other day to see what all was available and wouldnt you know it , it was the day they were having all the problems! So I will save that journey for another day.

Kristi

1. How often should I follow up with a customer after they make a purchase?

It is recommended to follow up with a customer within one week after their purchase to ensure they are satisfied with their product and to offer any additional assistance.

2. Can I make a customer care call if the customer has not reached out to me first?

Yes, it is always a good idea to reach out to customers proactively to check in and see if they have any questions or concerns about their purchase. This also shows that you value their satisfaction and are willing to go the extra mile for them.

3. What information should I have on hand before making a customer care call?

It is helpful to have the customer's name, order number, and product information on hand before making a customer care call. This will allow you to quickly address any specific questions or concerns they may have.

4. How should I handle a customer who is dissatisfied with their purchase?

First and foremost, listen to the customer's concerns and apologize for any inconvenience they may have experienced. Then, offer a solution such as a replacement or refund, and make sure to follow through with any promised actions.

5. Is it necessary to follow up with a customer after resolving their issue?

Yes, following up with a customer after resolving their issue shows that you care about their satisfaction and want to make sure they are completely satisfied. It also allows for an opportunity to ask for feedback and improve our services in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Bren706