• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruit Another Direct Sales Person?????

In summary, the conversation revolved around a Premier Designs jewelry party and the consultant and speaker agreed to "swap" shows. The speaker, who is hosting a show next week, asked about credit card fees and mentioned that their company takes care of those. The consultant expressed interest in hosting a party in June and the speaker mentioned the sales a thon and earning free products. The conversation then shifted to recruitment, with the speaker wondering how to ask the consultant about joining their team without offending her. Suggestions were given to gently ask and see if she would be interested in joining PC. The consultant is also a breast cancer survivor and the speaker has been subtly planting seeds about the opportunity. The consultant has been asking a lot of questions, possibly trying to
Cookingwithmichelle
Silver Member
I went to a Premier Designs jewelry party last night. The consultant and I have agreed to "swap" shows. I'm hosting one next week and she is going to do a PC show the last week in June. So I was checking out and I asked if she has to pay a percentage for credit cards. She said yes, I gently slid in that we don't. That PC takes care of that. Then when she said she would be interested in a PC party. I said- I would love it to be in June if possible because it is our sales a thon and I can earn the new products for free. Her eyes just widened more from when I told her that we don't pay %points for credit cards. She we were chit chatting on the phone about my upcoming jewelry show and she asked how much we have to pay for host benefits. I told her nothing PC does it. She was asking a ton of questions! I'm getting the feeling she is interested in PC. She did say she has a passion for the jewelry though.

How do I ask her without offending? I know I was NOT too happy when a MK consultant tried to recruit me at a show I was doing. She is a breast cancer survivor. I gave her a HWC pin. I was telling her about our HWC campain. Today I met her to give her my guest list and I handed her info about our HWC campain. She is organized and works her business hard. She would make a great team member, but don't want to overstep my bounds. HELP!

Thanks for your words of wisdom everyone.

I don't have any great advice - I think you are handling it great, planting seeds without being pushy. Maybe while doing your host coaching, you could mention the opportunity but preface it with "I know how much you love jewelry and your business, but it is my job to make you aware that as a host you can apply your FPV......

Trust me! If she does a "proper show" at your home, she will give a major recruiting talk. So, either you do the same at her show or offer your business to her personally. I don't know if all Premiere consultants follow their business rules, but my friend who sells it told me she has to present a few certain things at every show in order to consider it a show. Major recruiting goes on. My friend thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread, but I didn't know she had to pay for hostess benefits and credit card usage. She probably doesn't know that I don't have to pay for those things. They do make a lot of commission and go home with that money after every show. They just pay the "wholesale" price so they can offer discounts whenever they want without actually having inventory. Does that make sense?

Hi Michelle, You've already been talking about it with her and she has showed some interest so I think you broke the ice. I would just ask her if she would consider PC...the worst that can happen is she can say no she is happy at what she is doing. I tried to recruit a Mary Kay friend of mine at the suggestion of my Director...once we (MK Girl) started talking SHE asked all the questions and was really considering it. She didn't sign bc she has alot on her plate, she isn't even doing her MK business but I wouldn't have ever approached her and when I did I was surprised that she was considering it....sorry to go on and on but from my experience with this and other things.....it doesn't hurt to ask and you will never get a yes if you don't ask...GO FOR IT!!! Good luck!

How about this:

"You know, you seem to be interested in what I've told you about PC, and we are always looking for experienced direct sales people, why not give it a try?"

Thanks for the suggestions! She does do A LOT of recruiting at her show. She even plays an entire game based on recruiting. I didn't care for that at all. I felt the show was too pushy where ours is more laid back (at least mine is). I love your ideas! I'll keep you posted. I'm wondering... is she asking all of the questions, trying to recruit me? Trying to find ways her company is better than ours? HMMMM?

Michelle Metheny said:
Thanks for the suggestions! She does do A LOT of recruiting at her show. She even plays an entire game based on recruiting. I didn't care for that at all. I felt the show was too pushy where ours is more laid back (at least mine is). I love your ideas! I'll keep you posted. I'm wondering... is she asking all of the questions, trying to recruit me? Trying to find ways her company is better than ours? HMMMM?

not going to happen!!;)

I have to say that I love talking with other DS reps! They are always floored when I tell them what PC offers! I have a friend with liasophia and her minimum to stay a manager is $1500 a month!!!!! Plus, her "team" of 2 other consultants must also submit $1500 a month each to stay active. When we had our "comparison" conversation she was 8 1/2 months pregnant with a 13-month old at home and telling me how she didn't know how she was going to make it work... I asked her about their policy on maternity leave. Of course, they don't have one. She was floored when I told her we did! She's stuggling so much with her business... she can't get anyone to do shows and is resorting to driving from MI to OH every weekend to do shows for family. My guess is that she'll be with PC by Christmas! :)

UpdateOkay so the Premier Designs gal came over yesterday to do some hostess coaching with me. She kept asking me questions about PC as she was coaching me for her show. You won't believe this. SHE SPENT OVER $1200 to start her business. Her fee was over $300 to "join" then she bought the starter kit that costs $700 for 70 pieces of jewelry. She told me she lost over $3000 last year. OMG! She was shocked that our kit costs $155 and that is all you need for your first 6 shows and that our catalogs are so cheap. She is so there. She is having a PC party on June 26th (yeah one more June show!) I of course gave her a recruiting packet in her host packet :) I went over the info with her. She was really excited! Who knows how this will go. I'm interested to see how it all works out.

That's great, Michelle!

1. How do I find potential direct sales candidates?

There are several ways to find potential direct sales candidates. You can attend networking events, join online groups and forums related to your industry, reach out to your current customers and ask for referrals, or advertise the position on job boards.

2. What qualities should I look for in a direct sales person?

When recruiting a direct sales person, look for individuals who are self-motivated, confident, and have good communication skills. They should also have a strong work ethic, be organized, and have a positive attitude.

3. How do I train my newly recruited direct sales person?

Training your new direct sales person is crucial for their success. Start by providing them with thorough product knowledge and sales techniques. You can also have them shadow experienced salespeople, attend workshops or conferences, and provide ongoing support and feedback.

4. What is the best compensation structure for a direct sales person?

The best compensation structure for a direct sales person varies depending on the company and industry. Some common structures include a basic salary plus commission, commission-only, or a tiered commission structure. It's important to consider the profitability of your business and the motivation of the salesperson when deciding on a compensation plan.

5. How can I ensure the success of my newly recruited direct sales person?

To ensure the success of your newly recruited direct sales person, provide them with ongoing support and training, set clear goals and expectations, and track their progress and performance. Additionally, create a positive and motivating work environment and recognize and reward their achievements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
  • Morgan032032
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Morgan032032
  • cochef