• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Step Up to Director Program Transform Your Recruiting Technique?

In summary, the conversation is about a program that teaches how to recruit more effectively. The participants discuss their experience with the program and how it helped them gain confidence and improve their recruiting techniques. The results varied, with some promoting within a few months and others within a year. The program provides specific words and advice on what to do and what not to do when recruiting. It is emphasized that timing and commitment are key factors in the program's success.
amy07
How many of you have taken this program?
And if you have taken it, was the content anything new to you? Or was a new way of presenting it, that you finallly had the "lightbulb" moment?
Did you see a difference in your recruiting technique/confidence?
and of course,
What was the result in a timeframe, did you promote and how long did it take? Please mention how many consultants you had signed prior to class and after.
Thanks!!:D :D

I just took this program in May. Now, I wouldn't go off of me for time frames, etc., because I am 5 months pregnant right now & have been having problems with enough energy to have a full show schedule. So I'm not in front of enough people right now to probably make a difference.

Anyway, a lot of the content was new or presented in a newer way & it really helped me realize how ignorant I was about recruiting! I had heard so many "red flags" at shows & didn't realize it. I also was afraid to bring up the opp to people & now I've realized that I'm giving them a compliment telling them I'd like to have them on my team. I was afraid of offending people before. Now I see tons of people who would be great at this. I'm still working on the actual bringing it up, but I'm getting better. So I definitely see a difference in the confidence.

I would definitely say to take it if you can! Very much worth it, in my opinion.

I took this class with 7 others a few years ago. We did it monthly over a 5 month period (most directors condense it now.) I was the only one who promoted in those 5 months... the rest promoted within the year. I am going to start offering this immediately after conference and do it as a teleclass and every other week.

amy07 said:
How many of you have taken this program?
And if you have taken it, was the content anything new to you? Or was a new way of presenting it, that you finallly had the "lightbulb" moment?
Did you see a difference in your recruiting technique/confidence?
and of course,
What was the result in a timeframe, did you promote and how long did it take? Please mention how many consultants you had signed prior to class and after.
Thanks!!:D :D

I took this program in June of 06. A lot of it was new, loved how they (SED and ED) gave us the WORDS (and confidence) to recuit. It really was the words, what to do and what NOT to do were my AH HA moment in this class. I aboslutely saw a HUGE difference in my recruiting technique. I signed 1 in July, 5 in August, 3 in Sept, 3 in Oct and 1 in Nov! I got my 5 qualifed/active recruits on September 30, promoted Oct 1...so 3 months and promoted! Prior to the class I only signed folks who came to me...like5 over a 5 year period. October 1, started with a team of 12.

It's definitely a TIMING issue. It has to be the right time for YOU. I started the class in Aug 05...but hated it...(Was done by 2 different Directors) and quit. So when my SED and ED offered it, I jumped for it. I was ready to take the challenge on...the traininig was MUCH better than the 1st time.

I am a TRUE advocate of Step Up to Directorship...ONLY if you are committed to take the challenges on! Good luck!

Ginny

Kitchen2u said:
I took this program in June of 06. A lot of it was new, loved how they (SED and ED) gave us the WORDS (and confidence) to recuit. It really was the words, what to do and what NOT to do were my AH HA moment in this class. I aboslutely saw a HUGE difference in my recruiting technique. I signed 1 in July, 5 in August, 3 in Sept, 3 in Oct and 1 in Nov! I got my 5 qualifed/active recruits on September 30, promoted Oct 1...so 3 months and promoted! Prior to the class I only signed folks who came to me...like5 over a 5 year period. October 1, started with a team of 12.

It's definitely a TIMING issue. It has to be the right time for YOU. I started the class in Aug 05...but hated it...(Was done by 2 different Directors) and quit. So when my SED and ED offered it, I jumped for it. I was ready to take the challenge on...the traininig was MUCH better than the 1st time.

I am a TRUE advocate of Step Up to Directorship...ONLY if you are committed to take the challenges on! Good luck!

Ginny

WOW! :eek: :eek:
Ok, so I know that individual results will vary, but if I can do 1/2 of that I would be ecstatic!! I want this so badly I can taste it! Thanks for sharing your success!!

Amy ~ since then, I've recruited 6? Something like that ~ my focus is definitely recruiting now...that's where you'll realy get the $$ if you want it. Off to signing another today! Bye!

Ginny

Amy ~ almost forgot ~ the HUGE aspect is I posted my short/long term goals in 4 places:

1) Bathroom mirrow (at EYE level ~ I had to DUCK when I was getting ready...HAD to see them every morning and night)

2) Car dashboard

3) on the OUTSIDE of the fridge (everyone else who comes in your house sees them too...folks help if they know your goals

4) on the INSIDE of the fridge, eye level shelf (if I ignored the outside, I surely saw them on the inside.

Every morning AND night I read them OUTLOAD 5 times! Post pictures of your dreams/goals...visualize them! I would have NEVER done this unless it was an exercise in the Step Up class. Now, I'm a TRUE believer of posting goals.

Ginny

Kitchen2u said:
Amy ~ since then, I've recruited 6? Something like that ~ my focus is definitely recruiting now...that's where you'll realy get the $$ if you want it. Off to signing another today! Bye!

Ginny

That's with taking off Dec. Jan and Mar (Dec, for holidays and Jan/Mar for family deaths) ~ so that's the number for Feb, April, May.

Ginny

OMG ~ I just realized after clicking the "submit reply" ~ am I definitely on target with one of my new goals...recruit 2/month!

SEEEEEE it works!

Ginny

Kitchen2u said:
OMG ~ I just realized after clicking the "submit reply" ~ am I definitely on target with one of my new goals...recruit 2/month!

SEEEEEE it works!

Ginny

ok, so I've got 2 and my goal is to promote by Oct 1st. IF my director ever returns my calls/emails about this class (which is to start next week) I am really hoping to learn the skills needed to accomplish this.

Amy ~ If she's the not one doing the class...contact the person who is DIRECTLY ~ good luck! Let me know how it goes!

Ginny

I'm excited to re-start this program. My director had this for about 7 of us in my cluster. We did conference calls every other Sunday. Some issues came up & we haven't done it for a couple months, so we're starting up again after conference.
I have 0 signed; lots of "maybe's"....can't wait for the 'get maybe to yes' class at conference!

Kitchen2u said:
Amy ~ If she's the not one doing the class...contact the person who is DIRECTLY ~ good luck! Let me know how it goes!

Ginny

Ginny - was your class once a month or more frequent? Right now it will be six months!!! to finish the program!!:eek: :eek:

Oh no Ann ~ it was 3 classes (3 hours each) in 4 weeks...but we did havd a celebration/graduation class...so 4, but the 4th wasn't a training, just eating and having fun! Six month Step Up? I would ask for the fast track version! That's too long and drawn out...

If the class was over a 6th month period, I personally would not take it. When I'm ready to go...I was FAST, INTENSE TRAINING and GO!!!

Critertia for taking the class...we had to have 6 cooking shows during the 3 week period...VERY EFFECTIVE ~ because we used what we learn at those immediate shows.

Ginny

Kitchen2u said:
Oh no Ann ~ it was 3 classes (3 hours each) in 4 weeks...but we did havd a celebration/graduation class...so 4, but the 4th wasn't a training, just eating and having fun! Six month Step Up? I would ask for the fast track version! That's too long and drawn out...

If the class was over a 6th month period, I personally would not take it. When I'm ready to go...I was FAST, INTENSE TRAINING and GO!!!

Critertia for taking the class...we had to have 6 cooking shows during the 3 week period...VERY EFFECTIVE ~ because we used what we learn at those immediate shows.

Ginny

That was my feeling too!
This is the first time my director has ever done this, so I'm sure she is going on what someone else has told her

Amy ~ just voice your concerns to your Director...CALL, not email. Maybe her upline will have a faster track program. She should be supportive that you want a faster, intense program and not wanting to wait to promote to Director! Ask if your ED or SED or NSED is offering the same program but in a faster timeline.

Remember, if you don't ask, you won't receive!

Good luck!

Ginny

What is "Step up to Director"?

"Step up to Director" is a program within Pampered Chef that allows consultants to advance to the next level of leadership within the company. It is a recognition program for consultants who have demonstrated strong leadership skills and have reached certain sales and recruitment goals.

What are the requirements for "Step up to Director"?

The requirements for "Step up to Director" include achieving a minimum of $15,000 in sales and recruiting at least 3 new consultants during a three-month period. Additionally, consultants must have a team size of at least 25 active consultants.

What are the benefits of becoming a Director?

Becoming a Director at Pampered Chef comes with many benefits, including increased commission rates, access to exclusive training and resources, and the opportunity to attend leadership conferences and events. Directors also have the ability to mentor and support their team members in their own leadership journey.

Can I participate in "Step up to Director" multiple times?

Yes, consultants can participate in "Step up to Director" multiple times as long as they meet the requirements each time. This allows for continued growth and development within the company.

How do I track my progress towards "Step up to Director"?

You can track your progress towards "Step up to Director" through your Pampered Chef consultant dashboard. It will show your current sales, team size, and recruitment numbers, as well as your progress towards meeting the requirements for the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caraighan
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
caraighan
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • PamperedEsther