• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating My Why Bag: An Amazing Journey of Gratitude

In summary, the Why Bag includes a gift bag that is filled with balloons, pictures of the owner's family, a CD with training materials, a tea bag, grocery receipt, matchbox car, rubber band, small ziploc full of toys, a bra, and a wedding registry brochure.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
THANK You to all of you who shared your Why Bag ideas and I Can ideas in earlier posts/threads. Scott Backus - you come to mind first because I gleaned a TON of ideas from your ICan file, so thanks!

Today I put together my Why Bag and wanted to share it for any of you who are interested.
I used a gift bag that is covered in balloons (see attached picture). I tell them I use this bag to represent the fact that my business is a party - I get paid to party!
Inside the bag I have the following:
My 8-year-old son, Danny's soccer picture: Because I never have to miss one of my son's games due to my job.
My son Sam's Pre-School graduation Picture: Because I was able to pay my son's preschool tuition with part of my PC commission.
a CD: This is a PC training Cd/DVD - PC provides amazing training CDs/DVDs, phone-in classes, online classes...something to fit into anyone's schedule and meet everyone's needs.
a tea bag: This is Tea. The PC opportunity has helped me to take the "T" out of "I can't" to make my life an "I can" kind of existance. PC has made me a MUCH more positive person.
A grocery receipt: I get to write off the majority of my groceries! I can make dinner for my family using PC recipes and it's a tax write off!
a sea shell: I used to be a very shy person. PC has helped me to come out of my shell!
Matchbox Car: Make your car payment with just one night out per week!
Rubber Band: PC is flexible - with this business you can take time off whenever you need it, wok the hours YOU choose!
a small ziploc full of toys (a lego, a soldier, a block, a crayon & a lincoln log): Some peopl ework PC to be able to afford to stay home with their kids, other work PC to get a few nights away from their kids!
A bra: this represents the fabulous amount of support we PC consultants receive from our upline, from HO and from our fellow consultants.
Conference Name Badge with ribbons, pins & buttons: With PC we receive recognition for the things we do. At home I can do 5 loads of laundry, dishes, vacuum, mop and make meals...seldom do I get recognized, rewarded or even thanked for doing "my job" as a homemaker. With PC, we are constantly recognized and rewarded for our work!
PC recipe card: The PC test kitchens feature nutritionists, scientists, dieticians, home economists and product testers. They try out every recipe so you know the recipes yo ufind in our cookbooks and on our recipe cards have been tested, tried and they work!
Wedding Registry Brochure: did you know we even have a wedding registry?!
My and DH's name badges from Atlantis: Not only does PC send me on amazing vacations like Atlantis and Caribbean Cruises, but they even pay for my DH to come along!

I hope ya'll find this helpful! If you have anything to add or anything you think I shoudl change, I welcome your feedback!!! And, again, thanks to all of you whose ideas contributed to this Why Bag!!

Attachments

• Pampered Chef 008 (Medium).jpg
    Pampered Chef 008 (Medium).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 500
  • Pampered Chef 009 (Medium).jpg
    Pampered Chef 009 (Medium).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 463
I might have to copy your items. That is awsome!

THAT IS GREAT Thanks for such a great idea

It wasn't my idea and the items weren't all my ideas either - LOL
I am glad you all ilke it - I just can't take credit for it all :)

dannyzmom said:
a tea bag: This is Tea. The PC opportunity has helped me to take the "T" out of "I can't" to make my life an "I can" kind of existance. PC has made me a MUCH more positive person.
a small ziploc full of toys (a lego, a soldier, a block, a crayon & a lincoln log): Some peopl ework PC to be able to afford to stay home with their kids, other work PC to get a few nights away from their kids!

I love these two... I'm gonna have to add them to my Y bag as well.

such a pretty bra lol
thanks for the idea

heather9892 said:
such a pretty bra lol
thanks for the idea

LOL
Thanks! Unfortunately it no longer fits because I used some of my PC commission to buy new boobs - LOLOLOL

Great idea. I need to put one of these together!!

katie0128 said:
I love these two... I'm gonna have to add them to my Y bag as well.

The "TEA" idea came from our own Cheffer, Scott Backus!

LOL
Thanks! Unfortunately it no longer fits because I used some of my PC commission to buy new boobs - LOLOLOL

ROFLMAO
think i shud do that as well lol

Geeze I would have given you some of mine for free.

chefkristin said:
Geeze I would have given you some of mine for free.

Your what, your boobs!?!??!
LOL:eek:

I wonder if PC can take some of my A$% and put it in my boobs, that would sure help.

dannyzmom said:
If anyone wants mine, you can have 'em. (Stupid, get in the way, good for nothing but getting stares, sacks of fat....)

Oooh - I forgot one - I am printing out this picture of myself and my clustermates - this picture represents the friendships I have forged through this business.

Attachments

• PC Conference 2005 027 (Medium).jpg
    PC Conference 2005 027 (Medium).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 443
dannyzmom said:
YUP! I have never had a problem there. I wish I did!!! So you can have more if you want. :D ;)

I want to know where the Chef Success thong is so you can tell them what a fun bunch is here... LOL!

janetupnorth said:
I want to know where the Chef Success thong is so you can tell them what a fun bunch is here... LOL!

Dangit - I need to get me one of those!!!

I seriously need to get off my duff and put one of these together. Thanks for the pic Carolyn. I am a visual person and that helps to see someone else's.

krzymomof4 said:
I seriously need to get off my duff and put one of these together. Thanks for the pic Carolyn. I am a visual person and that helps to see someone else's.

I am totally visual as well - that's why I added the pics.
PS - I love your anxiety quote...I am also an incredibly anxious person - LOL

Set a bag on your desk and as you roam around the house, collect items to put into it!

I can't seem to find the other posts on the why bags. At this point I need all the help I can get.
Carolyn, thanks for the props on the line. Can't say I enforce it, but it is something to strive for.

krzymomof4 said:
I can't seem to find the other posts on the why bags. At this point I need all the help I can get.
Carolyn, thanks for the props on the line. Can't say I enforce it, but it is something to strive for.

You & me both girl. I am a walking bundle of nerves. So was my ex-DH and our older son is Mr Anxiety. It kinda sucks. Of all the things to pass down to a child, ya know? But for an 8yo he's really bright. He recognizes when he feels "nervous" and he can talk about it. He has his little coping skills - he says "I try to get busy playing or doing something so I forget that I am nervous." Sweet little punkin...

My oldest is the same way and he is 13. A dr. recommended that he and I start doing tai chi. I will let you know if it works.
So....where are the other posts that you found???

krzymomof4 said:
My oldest is the same way and he is 13. A dr. recommended that he and I start doing tai chi. I will let you know if it works.
So....where are the other posts that you found???

I can't sit still long enough for Tai Chi - LOL I get all ansty.
The posts...I don't remember. I copied them into emails to myself - I will PM them to you.

Thanks bunches sweetie!!

krzymomof4 said:
Thanks bunches sweetie!!

XOXOXO
From one Anxious Angie to another!

I love the bag... I also love the wording... I'll just have to go get me a kid now. LOL I can use others who have kids as examples, though.

Carolyn,

Your why bag is wonderful! I love your sense of humor...and how your bag shows where your priorities are.

Our 'real' home is in Florida (near Orlando)...would love to see one of your shows one day...once we finally come home for good.

kris

legacypc46 said:
Carolyn,

Your why bag is wonderful! I love your sense of humor...and how your bag shows where your priorities are.

Our 'real' home is in Florida (near Orlando)...would love to see one of your shows one day...once we finally come home for good.

kris

I am about 4 hours from Orlando - you're welcome to come to one of my shows anytime!!

Thanks for sharing! I've been debating on either making a why bag, or doing some type of scrapbook. Though, since I"m not a good scrap-booker, the bag would probably be easier, lol! I may have to steal some of your stolen ideas:)

lacychef said:
Thanks for sharing! I've been debating on either making a why bag, or doing some type of scrapbook. Though, since I"m not a good scrap-booker, the bag would probably be easier, lol! I may have to steal some of your stolen ideas:)

I would have LOVED to have made a scrapbook but I am TOTALLY useless with scrapping. I am a big clod.

dannyzmom said:
I would have LOVED to have made a scrapbook but I am TOTALLY useless with scrapping. I am a big clod.

I am too! I look at my friend's beautiful book of her daughters in envy....oh well, nice regular photo albums are okay too! (or pictures in shoe boxes that NEED to be in albums, lol!)

lacychef said:
I am too! I look at my friend's beautiful book of her daughters in envy....oh well, nice regular photo albums are okay too! (or pictures in shoe boxes that NEED to be in albums, lol!)

You sound JUST like me - LOL

Creative Memories is getting smart for people who have no time or they lack the talent of scrapbooking. They have premade pages where you just insert your pics.

Yeah, but you still have to actually organize the pictures somewhat before you can insert them into the pages... Of course, random pictures on one page would better represent my life - totally disjointed! Hmmmmm....

I made one, I just have to remember to bring it and use it!:rolleyes:

I looked yesterday in 3 stores for the perfect bag & couldn't find THE one, lol:) I'll try another store today....I AM going to do this:D

I think I may have to make a Why Bag now. I love to scrapbook when I have the time, but I think the bag would be better at show:p s. I'm going to look for a bag at the dollar store.

1. What is a Why Bag and why is it important in Pampered Chef?

A Why Bag is a collection of items that represent the reasons why you joined Pampered Chef and why you continue to work with the company. It is important because it serves as a visual and physical reminder of your purpose and motivation in your business.

2. What are some common items that can be included in a Why Bag?

Some common items that can be included in a Why Bag are personal photos, training materials, tax benefits, a symbol of overcoming a personal obstacle, and recognition items from Pampered Chef.

3. How can a Why Bag help in sharing the Pampered Chef opportunity with others?

A Why Bag can help in sharing the Pampered Chef opportunity by providing a tangible example of the benefits and opportunities that the company offers. It can also serve as a conversation starter and a way to connect with others on a personal level.

4. Can a Why Bag be personalized to each consultant?

Yes, a Why Bag can and should be personalized to each consultant. It should reflect their individual reasons for joining the company and what drives them to succeed.

5. How can a Why Bag be updated or changed over time?

A Why Bag can be updated or changed over time as a consultant's goals and motivations evolve. It can also be updated with new items that represent the consultant's achievements and milestones in their Pampered Chef journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Jennie_becca
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • annew