• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Did It Take You to Get Your First Recruit?

July? I signed up in November and have had a few people fill out interest packets but no one has called me yet. I did a $170 ad in our local paper and I am following up this weekend. It took me 6 months to get my first recuit, since then I think I have 27ish. I think the thing is just to ask EVERYONE. I recomend talking to each of your hosts about it. Share the kit credit option. Try going into each interviews expecting them to sign.
cspies
I'm curious to know how long you were a consultant before you signed your first recruit. I have had lots of sales success with this company, love the product and really enjoy doing my shows. I signed up in November, have never had a month below $1000 and have sold just over $30,000 in products. I'm over halfway to the cruise and very excited about the business. When it comes to recruiting, however, I am such a loser! The first few months I definately missed out by really just learning and working the business. Around February I decided to start really promoting the opportunity at my shows. I've had 6 people fill out interest in the opportunity on door prize slips. I've followed up with phone calls - several - and either they just aren't sure, decide it might be too much and say they just got caught up in the show or don't return my calls. I even went so far as to run a Merrill recruit ad for two weeks in our local paper to the tune of $170 and got ONE call. I sent her a recruit pack and am following up over the weekend but from my initial interview I can tell she is going to be a hard sell. I do think that once I get on a roll with this it will get easier but when I listen to these cd's from home office that talk about consultants that recruit 3and four a month I'm at a loss. I do only do 3-4 shows a month so maybe I'm just not getting in front of enough people. (I also teach preschool full time..) I'm at the highest level of income I can be at now...27% -which is great but I want to reach the next level. Any tips?
Thanks!
Chris

It took me 6 months to get my first recuit, since then I think I have 27ish. I think the thing is just to ask EVERYONE. I recomend talking to each of your hosts about it. Share the kit credit option. Try going into each interviews expecting them to sign.

My new catch phase for conducting recruiting interview is "talk about it like you would teach your kids about sex" Meaning, answer the questions that they ask, but don't tell them things they really don't need to know yet.

Keep doing what you're doing. Sound like you are building a good strong business for yourself and that is the best foundation for a strong team!

cspies said:
I'm curious to know how long you were a consultant before you signed your first recruit. I have had lots of sales success with this company, love the product and really enjoy doing my shows. I signed up in November, have never had a month below $1000 and have sold just over $30,000 in products. I'm over halfway to the cruise and very excited about the business. When it comes to recruiting, however, I am such a loser! The first few months I definately missed out by really just learning and working the business. Around February I decided to start really promoting the opportunity at my shows. I've had 6 people fill out interest in the opportunity on door prize slips. I've followed up with phone calls - several - and either they just aren't sure, decide it might be too much and say they just got caught up in the show or don't return my calls. I even went so far as to run a Merrill recruit ad for two weeks in our local paper to the tune of $170 and got ONE call. I sent her a recruit pack and am following up over the weekend but from my initial interview I can tell she is going to be a hard sell. I do think that once I get on a roll with this it will get easier but when I listen to these cd's from home office that talk about consultants that recruit 3and four a month I'm at a loss. I do only do 3-4 shows a month so maybe I'm just not getting in front of enough people. (I also teach preschool full time..) I'm at the highest level of income I can be at now...27% -which is great but I want to reach the next level. Any tips?
Thanks!
Chris

Don't beat yourself up so much - You are NOT a loser - just look at your career sales AND you are halfway to earning the cruise!! Wow, I think you are off to fantastic start to your business. :D :D

I can totally relate to you about the recruiting aspect though! I am now in my 5th month. And while I have had 2 to sign, I have had a whole lot more say they were interested and still have not signed. Or just tell me no.:( It took my first recruit 2 months to sign after she said she was going to. Like you, I have been listening to the training cd's and feel as though it should be so much easier than it is for me. It can be discouraging, but I have decided that my first goal is to ASK EVERY ONE of my hostesses from this point out. AND start talking more at my shows. I feel better knowing that I am atleast doing the first step,and now I'm ready to move onto being more aggressive (not pushy) at reaching the goal of directorship. My ultimate goal is to achieve directorship by October, but I also know that if I do not get my show schedule more consistent and more shows per month then I will not be in front of enough people. So, that is my next goal. And as much as I hate the phone, I'm working on that too!

I agree not to beat yourself up about it! You obviously do a good job with the sales--$30,000 since November doing 3-4 shows a month, WOW!! Great job with that!

It can get depressing to hear how people recruit 6 in a month or whatever, but don't worry. You may just not be getting people at your shows who are wanting this right now. To make you feel better, I've been doing this 2 years & only have 1 recruit--she joined in February but hasn't done any sales, so I'm not really considering her a recruit. I really want to help people join, but just don't seem to get any interested people. I've had less than 10 people in the 2 years I've been doing this show ANY interest.

I took a Step Up to Director program last month & I've been trying to ask more people. I think I was also prejudging people or just dropping it if they gave me an objection. I am putting the DVD from HO in every host packet & telling the hosts about it. Just keep listening to those recruiting CDs & talk to your director about your goals & see what she says. Good luck!

hipe i get mine soon (in my 3 month) although my directors director has like ten people in lik 9 yrs although she has my director who has 20 sum recruits in 2 yrs!!!! so i think it varies quite a bit.

What is the average amount of time it takes to get your first recruit?

The average amount of time it takes to get your first recruit varies depending on a number of factors, such as your recruiting efforts, the industry you are recruiting for, and the qualifications of the potential recruits. Some people may get their first recruit within a few weeks, while others may take several months.

How can I speed up the process of getting my first recruit?

To speed up the process of getting your first recruit, you can focus on networking and building relationships with potential recruits, clearly communicate the benefits and opportunities of joining your team, and actively seek out referrals from current team members.

Is it normal to not have any recruits after a certain amount of time?

Yes, it is not uncommon for some people to not have any recruits after a certain amount of time. It may take longer for some individuals to find the right fit for their team, and it is important to stay persistent and continue your recruiting efforts.

What are some common challenges in getting your first recruit?

Some common challenges in getting your first recruit include finding individuals with the right qualifications and fit for your team, competition from other recruiters, and potential recruits who may be hesitant to commit to a new opportunity.

Should I have a specific timeline in mind for getting my first recruit?

Having a specific timeline in mind can be helpful in setting goals and staying motivated, but it is important to also be realistic and flexible. The timeline for getting your first recruit may vary, and it is important to focus on your efforts and strategies rather than a strict timeline.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • nay62
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Puccalsellate