• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying to Recruit the Host When the Show Is Far From My Home...

C
chelynn
Okay, I have a booking June 30th with the SIL of one of my best friends who hosted my first ever cooking show. We'll call her Sue. Sue said she might possibly be interested in the business in the future--she does some work from home for another company that is restructuring and she doesn't know for sure what is going to happen with it. She has three children, two on summer break from school and a ten month old.

She lives a good hour and a half from my home, at least. I made my first coaching call and mentioned that I knew she might be interested, and that I would love to have her on my team. I told her that she would get all the bookings from her party if she decided to go for it.

I said, "It's great for you, because your business is already off to a great start with those bookings! And it's great for me because..." then I faltered just a little bit, but the gist of what I was trying to get across was that I wouldn't have to drive so far to do shows, that I could work with a great woman and she could do them!

Okay, so how would you have finished that sentence? What else should I say? Tips!! :)

great for me because...I get to work with you as a consultant on my team! or...I know those customers will be well taken care of with a local consultant.

Personally I wouldn't talk about what it does for you. I would concentrate on the fact that she can benefit greatly from the business and that she has bookings already there for her to start her business.

I have a consultant - actually a whole team - in TX because she booked a catalog show off of a cooking show I did with my niece. Her catalog show was $800 and one booking. The booking asked how the show could become a cooking show. I suggested she could do it and she said "oh, no!" Then I talked with Sandy (AGAIN) about doing the business and she said that she had been told by several people that she should sell and she signed and did the other show as one of her first shows - and recruited the host!

I talk about what I get out of someone recruiting when we talk about what it will give THEM when they share the business.

That's a good point Beth! :) Thanks!

Which is why she's a Director!! Thanks Beth :D!

I'm in the same boat. My host is actually a past consultant, but has no interest in getting back into it. She wants to do another show in the fall though. Maybe she will be interested then!

1. How can I convince someone to join my team when they live far away?

One approach could be to highlight the benefits of working from home, such as flexibility and being able to spend more time with family. You could also mention the potential for growth and success in a business that can be done remotely.

2. What if the person is hesitant to join because of their current job situation?

In this case, it may be helpful to emphasize the stability and potential for growth in your business compared to the uncertainty of their current job. You could also offer support and resources to help them transition into working from home.

3. What if the person has young children and may not have a lot of time to dedicate to the business?

You could mention the flexibility of the business and how it can be tailored to fit their schedule. Additionally, you could highlight the potential for financial stability and the opportunity to work from home and spend more time with their children.

4. Should I mention the distance between us as a potential challenge?

It's important to be transparent and honest about the distance, but try to frame it as a positive. For example, you could mention the opportunity for collaboration and support from a distance, and how it can strengthen your business relationship.

5. How can I make my pitch more enticing and convincing?

In addition to highlighting the benefits of working from home and the potential for success, you could also offer to provide resources and support to help them get started. You could also share your own personal success story and how joining your team has positively impacted your life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • augmommychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
augmommychef
  • Doodlbug329