• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Great Success Factory Email...

In summary, being a good listener is a skill that is often overlooked but can be very rewarding. It is important to remember to shut up and give the other person the opportunity to talk, and by doing so, you build good rapport and may uncover needs that require filling.
AJPratt
Silver Member
We talked about just shutting up in another thread, which I can't remember, so I just figured I'd post it here.

Subject: The lost art of listening…

We have all probably experienced the home party that makes you want to stop your presentation and scream “Hello…do mind? I'm trying to talk up here and you three ladies in the corner are so busy talking to each other that you aren't listening to what I have to say.”

But when you think about it, isn't that what we do sometimes when we are expressing our enthusiasm for the business opportunity? We are, in fact, so busy making sure that our prospect hears what it is that WE have to say that we forget to listen to them. (<---- That's me! LOL)

The hardest part of listening is remembering to shut up long enough to give the other person the opportunity to talk. However, once mastered - learning to be an effective listener - including making good eye contact - will reap many rewards when done well.

You are flattering the person you are talking to by listening to them and so right from the start you build good rapport. Think about your last home party presentation. Didn't you relate better to the person who was listening and nodding than the three women having their own `gab session' in the back of the room?

By listening carefully you will pick up personal information. Nothing builds rapport better with a woman than remembering her child's name, where she lives or what her interests are.

By listening and asking good questions, you may uncover needs that require filling (sometimes referred to as a customer's `hot button'). For example, she may mention that she has recently decided to stay home with her children but money is tight, or that she is currently working outside the home but is unhappy with her daycare situation, or that her family will be moving soon and she is looking for ways to make new friends.

Finally, one of the best ways to get referrals is by developing good listening skills. You may be surprised at what you hear when you listen in on conversations before during and after your party presentation. Who is a teacher looking for summer work or extra income? Who is active in her church (and can perhaps help you with a name to contact for a fundraiser?). Who has a broad base of friends or relatives in the area? You get the idea.

Think about taking in more information than you give out the next time you are in any kind of a social situation and you may be surprised at what you HEAR!

This is SO true. In all business aspects....and even personal! The last lady that I went to for a new hair style just listened... and we even chatted about it, and the power of listening, "Your customers know what they want" ...and now that lady, will be my hair stylist for ever and ever!Thanks for posting this Anne!

Anne: I LOVE these emails! I signed up after you recommended them awhile back. They are AWESEOME!:D I also liked the one the other day about "planting flowers".

What is the "Another Great Success Factory Email"?

The "Another Great Success Factory Email" is a monthly email newsletter sent out by Pampered Chef to its consultants. It contains important updates, promotions, recipes, and tips to help consultants grow their business and achieve success.

How often is the "Another Great Success Factory Email" sent?

The "Another Great Success Factory Email" is sent out once a month, usually around the beginning of the month. It is important for consultants to regularly check their email for this newsletter to stay informed and up-to-date on company news and opportunities.

Can I customize the content of the "Another Great Success Factory Email"?

No, the content of the "Another Great Success Factory Email" is curated by Pampered Chef and cannot be customized by individual consultants. However, if you have suggestions or ideas for future newsletter content, you can reach out to your team leader or the company directly.

Do I have to subscribe to the "Another Great Success Factory Email" or is it automatically sent to me?

The "Another Great Success Factory Email" is automatically sent to all active consultants on the first of every month. If you are not receiving this email, make sure your contact information is up-to-date in your consultant account and check your spam folder.

Can I share the "Another Great Success Factory Email" with non-consultants?

While the "Another Great Success Factory Email" is intended for consultants, you are welcome to share the content with non-consultants if you think it would be beneficial to them. However, please keep in mind that some promotions and opportunities may only be available to active consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chef_kimmo
  • mrssyvo
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • ChefBeckyD