• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prepared Questions to Be Asked at Show...

In summary, the presenter handed out cards with questions about the business on them, and then would answer them. It was funny and effective. Does anyone remember the questions she used?
AJPratt
Silver Member
Last year at conference, one of the presenters handed out cards with questions about the biz on them, they were numbered. She would say something like, "Who has card #1?" Then, the person would read a question about the biz. Then the presenter would say,"Wow, that's a great question (tongue and cheek) and then answer it. It was funny and effective. Does anyone remember it or the questions she used?

I was just at a jewelry party at which the rep did something like this. Hers were all recruiting questions, and she told us "I'll try to answer your questions." As if we were the people actually thinking them up and she didn't have prepped answers! (Sorry... that just rubbed me the wrong way at the party.)

She had about 10 questions. Things like:
How much do you make per party?
Can anyone do this?
How much is it to get started?

Obviously, she made a real impression. :D Seriously, she seemed a little flaky (and not in a good way, like a biscuit). I made the mistake of wearing a PC shirt, so every comment she had about their host program or the opportunity was prefaced with, "Well, I don't know how YOU do it, but we...."

Well, I can see where the way she did it sounded weird. I would make it obvious that they were fed the questions and can make it funny, like the way it was presented at conference. We were all cracking up and I think with my personality I could make it work.

When I attend another DS show, I ususally don't let the other consutlant know I'm with PC until after the demo. I don't like being put on the spot like that and sometimes they want to sound better than PC, which we just know that's not possible.

I had a consultant for another DS company do this at a show I attended.....and it was excruciatingly painful to watch & listen to her. It was like it was all a script that she was reading for the very first time - in monotone (but she was a long-time consultant). She gave out tickets when we would read our questions....and the questions were the largest (almost only) part of the show. It was a show I attended because I was really interested in the product, and had never attended one of these shows before (Discovery Toys), so I was very disappointed that I didn't hear any benefits or ideas about the toys. Then at the end of the show she brings out this big basket full of gifts and says that we will use our tickets and do a drawing and everyone can participate and choose a gift......but some of the gifts are "BOOK A SHOW", and by participating, we are saying if we get that gift, we will book the show. After several awkward moments of all the guests looking everywhere but at her, I finally spoke up and said, "I'm really not interested in booking a show, so I don't think I will play".....then everyone else piped up with the same answer - and she went on to closing the show. Okay - that was partially a vent, but I guess what I really want to say is now, Anne, you have me curious! I would like to see this done in a fun way - because based on my one experience, I felt pressured and put upon by the consultant throughout the whole show!

I think it could be fun if, like me, you use sarcasm a lot anyway. Because you could totally play up the scripted portion. Like this:

Me: So, who has question number 1?
Guest: I do. It says, "How much money can you make as a Pampered Chef consultant?"
Me: [super over-the-top]You know, I am sooooo glad you wanted to know that this evening.[/over-the-top] Seriously, consultants range from hobbyists to full-timers, and everything in between. But we typically make about $100 for an average show. Just 4 shows a month can eliminate just about any bill, other than your mortgage, or help you save for something fun.

at my last show, I had a basket with small things; pan scrapers, twixit clips, PC recipe cards, and packets of recipe cards I got at the craft store extremely cheap, etc and for every question that someone asked me about the business opportunity, as long as it wasn't a repeat. But, guests could ask more than one question. I would toss that guest a prize. It was quick moving and NO pressure. I didn't go in order, anyone could shout out a question at any time. And they got quite competitive over making sure they got the next question in. I even started the questions with "amy, how long have you been doing this?" and tossed the hostess a prize. It ended quickly and the guests actually were asking me more questions while they were eating and socializing so I think it was successful. Will try it again, but I think you have to feel out the crowd too. This was a fun and LOUD bunch, so I knew they would play along. It seemed more of a game, than a "sales pitch". Now, to be honest the hostess had already expressed an interest in the biz, so I used this hoping it would get her off the fence too! It worked, she signed!

My director uses this sometimes. She does a ticket game (every question gets a ticket). If someone doesn't have a question of their own but they want a ticket, they can take a card off of the table and ask that question. That's when the "I'm SOOOO glad you asked that question" remark comes into play.

I'm attaching 2 documents...one has common questions and their answers (don't know who I got it from, but it was probably from here :p ) and one with questions already on cards.

HTH!

Attachments

• Our Most Often Asked Questions.doc
    25 KB · Views: 472
  • take 5 questions.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 513
chefann said:
I was just at a jewelry party at which the rep did something like this. Hers were all recruiting questions, and she told us "I'll try to answer your questions." As if we were the people actually thinking them up and she didn't have prepped answers! (Sorry... that just rubbed me the wrong way at the party.)

She had about 10 questions. Things like:
How much do you make per party?
Can anyone do this?
How much is it to get started?

Obviously, she made a real impression. :D Seriously, she seemed a little flaky (and not in a good way, like a biscuit). I made the mistake of wearing a PC shirt, so every comment she had about their host program or the opportunity was prefaced with, "Well, I don't know how YOU do it, but we...."

I did a combo show with a Partylite lady a few weeks ago. (actually booked her for a PC show!) Anyway, she started her booking talk about how the host gets this and that, and how their host program was the best, and then she went on to say how they are starting to have quest specials. At that point, sitting quietly throughout her presentation, I had to offer, "well, at PC we have been doing THAT for years! Not only do we treat our hostesses like gold, we do the same for our customers." Everyone laughed and she was ok enough with it to book her own PC show.

Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

• Booking & Recuritting Cards.doc
    56.5 KB · Views: 471
chefann said:
I think it could be fun if, like me, you use sarcasm a lot anyway. Because you could totally play up the scripted portion. Like this:Me: So, who has question number 1?
Guest: I do. It says, "How much money can you make as a Pampered Chef consultant?"
Me: [super over-the-top]You know, I am sooooo glad you wanted to know that this evening.[/over-the-top] Seriously, consultants range from hobbyists to full-timers, and everything in between. But we typically make about $100 for an average show. Just 4 shows a month can eliminate just about any bill, other than your mortgage, or help you save for something fun.
I think if you did it this way it could be alot of fun. (corny fun - my favorite kind!) The consultant I saw do it, made it so serious and DULL! I think that was the worst part - I want a party to be fun!
I'm totally sure that you Ann, and you too Anne,:D could make this way more entertaining!

MandyK said:
Is this what you are looking for?

What is the "Glass Slipper Club"?

The glass slipper club must be some sort of VIP group -- hosts who have $1000 shows or something. I got these cards from someone else --so she must have had the club. If it was someone here, I'm sure she'll chime in with the correct answer. Hopefully....

Mandy, they were along the same lines.

Ann: You've got it. Pretty over the top and funny. I think when you give them a question, it helps. I have attended a couple of PL shows and the one consultant will stand there with like 10 tickets and give them away as people ask questions. It was just painful. You wanted to help her so she would sit down. LOL

I got this from Julie Weitz.

Currently I'm only using two questions. You tell them at the start that there will be commercials and that, unlike at home where commercials are for bathroom and food breaks, during your commericals you'd like them to listen carefully. They are welcome to get beverages and talk amongst themselves during the rest of the show.

During the show you say "it's time for a commercial" then hand one of the cards to a guest to read (you could hand them out earlier when you are talking about the commercials but I wait).

My two questions are: #1) What do I get for scheduling a fun night out with my friends? I reply "Susie, I am so glad you asked that question" and then my reply becomes the booking commercial. #2) Why do you love your job? Again "Mary, I am so glad you asked that question" and then going into your recruiting commercial.

I do the "I am so glad you asked that question" way over the top. It is a lot of fun and makes me (and I think the guests) more comfortable.

Jeanine, that is very much how I want to do it! Does it seem to be working for you?

I'm doing what Jeanine does. Julie Weitz is great. I get lots of bookings. Recruiting isn't taking off for me yet.

I can't find your outline... Can you post it or tell me where it is?

AJPratt said:
Jeanine, that is very much how I want to do it! Does it seem to be working for you?

Yes, it is working and it's fun. You are being silly at first and everyone laughs (a great ice breaker) and then you tell them what you want them to know. You need to sit down and fashion your reply and practice saying the words out loud! I don't think that will be a problem for you. . .aren't you one of us who presents shows for their pets?:)

raebates said:
I'm doing what Jeanine does. Julie Weitz is great. I get lots of bookings. Recruiting isn't taking off for me yet.

Rae, I've got my fingers crossed on the recruiting part. I've only been doing this for a little while but I had quite a bit of interest at my last show.

I've had six years of recruiting not taking off for me yet. . .hope to return to FD status before conference. Can't stand the thought of being there without that ribbon. :(

chefjeanine said:
Yes, it is working and it's fun. You are being silly at first and everyone laughs (a great ice breaker) and then you tell them what you want them to know. You need to sit down and fashion your reply and practice saying the words out loud! I don't think that will be a problem for you. . .aren't you one of us who presents shows for their pets?:)
LOL... But, no... Not unless you consider my neighbors pets.

AJPratt said:
LOL... But, no... Not unless you consider my neighbors pets.

Pests maybe, but probably not pets.

What types of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen products including cookware, bakeware, utensils, and gadgets for all your cooking and baking needs.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show is a great way to earn free and discounted products, connect with friends and family, and learn new recipes and cooking techniques.

What is the average cost of a Pampered Chef product?

The average cost of a Pampered Chef product ranges from $10 to $200, depending on the type of product and its size or quantity.

Are there any special promotions or discounts available at a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, there are often special promotions and discounts available only to guests of a Pampered Chef show. These can include free products, discounted bundles, and exclusive offers.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for all products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
raebates
  • wadesgirl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Jolie_Paradoxe