• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

So, I Pulled a Belinda Today... (Now What?!)

In summary, Anne discussed how to get started with PC, what products to sell, and how to set up a business with PC. She recommended listening to Barbara Duke's audio on starting a consultant business.
AJPratt
Silver Member
So, I pulled a Belinda today... I went to a restaurant for lunch today and left a catalog and my card with the tip. I wrote a quick note on the back of my card saying, "You do such a great job, I'd love to have you on my team. Give me a call and we can talk about it." And, she called!! She has a full time catering job and works at Applebee's one day a week. Here's the thing: She doesn't know if she would be able to get/do shows because of her schedule and family living far away. She said she has no problem leaving catalogs and going door to door. She lives in a seasonal area (very busy now!) and has lots of people around. So, what do you think I can say to her. This is what I have said so far: "To get you going with PC, we'll have to list 4 shows on your agreement. And that is because PC wants you to get off to the best start. We could see if you can schedule some catalog shows or I can help you do a show of your own, where you would get the sales and bookings and that would get you off to a good start. PC asks that you do 4 shows or sell $1250. Once you do that, you are free and clear to do whatever you would like with your business." I also explained that you can do individual and catalog sales, but you get the most bang for your buck doing cooking shows. I also let her know that if she wants to be a consultant, we can make anything work. So, she wants to see me at the end of the week or early next week. What did I say that I could say better or what other good words do you have for me?

That's great!!Way to go Anne!!!

What a great idea! I say that you explain how PC can be incorporated into her catering business. We have so many wonderful entertaining pieces that people will be sure to ask where she got those items. Also if she has a client base, she will easily be able to have a show for herself with plenty of guests and her family can order online.

Tell her that since she has a full time catering business, she is already a smart entrepeneur and will make even more money with our wonderful products and have fun, plus meet new clients for her business. What a world of opportunities await her if she will go for it.
Keep us posted!!!

Debbie :D

Congrats Anne...I agree with Debbie, Good luck !

Go, Anne! Whoot!Sounds like you did all the right things.

Thanks. I apologize if I wasn't clear, though. She doesn't run the catering business, she just works there.

That is awesome! Need to try that one!!! Way to Go and let us know if she signs!

Anne you are on a roll!!

AJPratt said:
Thanks. I apologize if I wasn't clear, though. She doesn't run the catering business, she just works there.
Yeah but maybe she could sell products to her boss!!!! Catering with class!! What a great name for a business huh?

Anne - one thing I would change is asking her more questions so you can focus the business for her and how she could do it. Don't tell her she only has to do the 4 shows, let her know it is a starting point. Also, you should listen to Barbara Duke's audio on CC if you already haven't. It gives you step-by-step instructions on how to set up a new consultant from the interview through the first month and beyond.

She mentioned that the chefs that work there have talked about PC products, so that is a huge plus!

cmdtrgd said:
Anne - one thing I would change is asking her more questions so you can focus the business for her and how she could do it. Don't tell her she only has to do the 4 shows, let her know it is a starting point.

Also, you should listen to Barbara Duke's audio on CC if you already haven't. It gives you step-by-step instructions on how to set up a new consultant from the interview through the first month and beyond.
Thanks, Kate for the great advice. I just don't know what to say about the 4 shows and I don't want to get to the agreement part and have her think "WHAT is this?!" I will check out that audio, too.

So it looks like she already has her first few shows through those chefs! Also, explain the Mega Show - you can get multiple shows done in one setting and the hosts don't even have to clean their houses!

Think back to when you became a consultant. What were your questions? I have to hold myself back, but I let them ask questions and then answer them as simply as possible. If they don't ask for the price of the kit, I don't mention it. If they ask, I let them know and I don't apologize for it nor do I compare it to other DS companies - it is what it is.

That's awesome, Anne!! Way to go!!! :D

Way to go Anne! I need to pull a Belinda soon!

Huge plus
AJPratt said:
She mentioned that the chefs that work there have talked about PC products, so that is a huge plus!

That definitely is a huge plus!! She could probably have a show with just the chefs and helpers! That is extremely helpful to have people who appreciate quality kitchen tools and won't complain about the price.

I say go for it. Just keep encouraging her to start with catalog shows and eventually let her know that her phone will be ringing off the hook with people wanting to book shows!! Especially if she is allowed to advertise at catering jobs!!

Debbie :D

Wow Anne! All I have to say is way to go:D That is so awesome! Even if she doesn't sign (which she may, because it sounds like she's interested), kudos to you for taking that first step!.....dh & I need to go out to eat this weekend;) (actually I'm the one playing waitress this weekend at my parents' restaurant-darn!)
Keep us posted:)

Thanks, everyone.

Thanks, Kate. I'm just having trouble because when I signed I wanted to do shows. I just don't know how she will qualify by just collecting orders. I also don't want her to miss out, either.

AJPratt said:
Thanks, everyone.

Thanks, Kate. I'm just having trouble because when I signed I wanted to do shows. I just don't know how she will qualify by just collecting orders. I also don't want her to miss out, either.

I think if you could get her to just book one or two shows.....you'd have her hooked!:D ;)

Becky: Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Thanks!

I just listened to Barbara Duke. I am going to listen again and try it that way and see wha thappens. Plus, I want to take the list of questions posted here, too.

I would ask her what her goals are and how much she wants to work her business. I think its okay if she just wants to do her 4 shows (or $1250) and then do the minimum after that. I would ask her what she really wants from
PC. I've know consultants who are completely happy doing 1 show every other month and consultants who just do catalog shows only - just depends.

1. How do I contact Belinda after I've pulled her as my hostess?

You can reach out to Belinda through the contact information she provided when she booked the party. If you don't have her information, you can ask your consultant for it.

2. What should I do if Belinda cancels her party?

If Belinda cancels her party, you can reach out to her to see if she would like to reschedule for a different date. If she is unable to do so, you can also offer to have a virtual party or find a new hostess.

3. Can I still earn hostess rewards if Belinda's party is cancelled?

If Belinda's party is cancelled, you will not be able to earn hostess rewards. However, you can still earn commission from any sales that were made through her party link.

4. What should I do if I accidentally pulled Belinda as my hostess?

If you accidentally pulled Belinda as your hostess, you can reach out to your consultant to make any necessary changes. If the party has already been booked, you can still reach out to Belinda and explain the situation to see if she is willing to reschedule or find a new hostess.

5. How can I make sure Belinda's party is successful?

To ensure Belinda's party is successful, make sure to communicate with her regularly leading up to the party and provide her with any necessary information or materials. Also, offer to help her with party planning and encourage her to invite friends and family to attend. Lastly, be prepared with product knowledge and tips to share during the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mom4angela
  • esavvymom