• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting PC Consultant Sign-Ups: Tips and Strategies

In summary, Beth is trying to learn how to better recruit and has been asking people for advice. Stephanie is not the only one with this problem. A recruit has let her kit credit go to waste, and another has been wishy washy about wanting to become a PC consultant. Beth and Stephanie both agree that it is the recruit's decision whether or not they want to become a PC consultant and that no matter how much you try to push them, they will eventually decide against it on their own.
MeesMom3
Ok, I really hope I'm not the only person with this problem. In the past year, I have had 6 people say they want to become PC consultants. One has actually followed through. The others have had several different reasons why they can't sign up at that particular time. But they constantly say they still want to do it! What am I doing wrong with these people? Now there is one lady who "wants to become a consultant", but she's a bit wishy washy. She always has some off the wall reason for not signing up. To tell you the truth, I'm thinking she may be a couple of french fries short of a Happy Meal if you get my drift. She always says she wants to host catalog shows, place orders, has referrals, but never follows through. To be honest, I'm not sure if she is someone I want on my team.

Anyway, I'm at a loss. I call these people trying to keep them excited about the opportunity, but I feel like my efforts are a complete waste of time. I certainly don't want to give up, but I really feel like I've done all I can do. One of these ladies completely let her kit credit go to waste!! What do some of y'all do in these situations?

You're not the only one. I had one recruit. She turned out to be a kitnapper. I'm not discouraged, though. I keep learning all I can about recruiting. I keep asking people. I try not to verbally regurgitate on them. It will happen one day. I'm confident. You be confident, too. :D

It has to be THEIR decision and no matter how much you want it for them it won't work until THEY want it to. It does no one any good to talk people into it.

Take tele-classes and the on-line course on recruiting, talk to your director and other directors in your upline about the words they use, have your director do a 3-way with you and your possible recruit and listen to her words, most important GO TO NATIONAL CONFERENCE.

Conference is where I saw the big picture - the light bulb moment - I learned that ANYONE can do this and that it is not about what I get but it's what I can offer them. It's like love - the more you give away the more you have!

Beth is so right. And remember SW x 4:

Some will,

Some won't

So what?

Someone's waiting!

Keep learning and informing. It is ultimately their decision, and you DON'T want someone who doesn't want to do this business just for the sake of having them, it's a waste of YOUR time AND theirs!

Love that, Janice!

I have to agree. I only have one consultant but she is aces! I would rather have on brilliant girl than 5 useless ones. I don't really push people after my inital schpiel, I would much rather they come to me as then I know they are motivated people.

m

Stephanie, you are not the only one. I once had a lady so excited to sign up that she immediately called to get the balance on her credit card - not enough to buy the kit. But she was still so excited, now she will not return calls/emails. Oh well, I keep looking and asking.

raebates said:
You're not the only one. I had one recruit. She turned out to be a kitnapper. I'm not discouraged, though. I keep learning all I can about recruiting. I keep asking people. I try not to verbally regurgitate on them. It will happen one day. I'm confident. You be confident, too. :D

I could have written this myself! Same with me. Keep trying!

I totally feel your pain but I came to realize if it is meant to be for me, it will happen one of these days! I have had a handful of "maybe" leads which have turned into nothing. After I send them some info I can't get them to meet with me for coffee or meetings or oppt. events! I like Janices Motto!

Thats happened to me too. You can't force people to sign up.

Well, it happens to everyone. Look at me! It took me 8 1/2 years to finally promote to Director. Something changed this year and I actually recruited 5 people since Leadership and they actually stayed!!! I have some pretty awesome people on my team with a few definite part timers. I have been doing nothing though for the last few month but listening to recruiting CDs in the car. The one called, "Recruiting with the Stars" is good and so is "Recruiting 201" Only $2 each on supply order form. They are well worth it.

Two years ago I called HO to get a packet about becoming a new consultant. I really just wanted to know "the deal" because I used to sell from '95-'01. By the time someone from my area contacted me (which didn't take very long at all), I had decided it just wasn't going to work for me to get back into it. The guy e-mailed me, and I told him on e-mail that I wasn't going to pursue this right now and specifically told him I didn't want him to call me. He called anyway. He was completely rude, like he couldn't understand why I would ask for information if I didn't want it. I reminded him that I had said I didn't want him to call, and I nicely told him that I changed my mind. He ruined his chance of having me sign up under him when, two years later, I was ready to sign a contract. MORAL: BE NICE and patient. Calling someone who says "Don't call" is such an invasion. Personlly, I would rather he send me things once in the while in the mail because I can choose whether to read it or not. I don't feel invaded if I get mail, especially Pampered Chef mail! If I don't want to read something I pitch it or recycle it. If he would have put me on his mailing list instead of being rude, I may have called him rather than a different consultant to sign under.

smspamperedchef said:
Well, it happens to everyone. Look at me! It took me 8 1/2 years to finally promote to Director. Something changed this year and I actually recruited 5 people since Leadership and they actually stayed!!! I have some pretty awesome people on my team with a few definite part timers. I have been doing nothing though for the last few month but listening to recruiting CDs in the car. The one called, "Recruiting with the Stars" is good and so is "Recruiting 201" Only $2 each on supply order form. They are well worth it.

It makes me feel good to hear how long it took you--not that I am happy for you that it took so long! ;) But sometimes I get discouraged when I hear how quickly some have promoted to director & I can't even get people to take info home, much less have interviews, etc. So it's good to know that I'm not an oddball or that there is something wrong with me! Thanks!

JAE said:
Two years ago I called HO to get a packet about becoming a new consultant. I really just wanted to know "the deal" because I used to sell from '95-'01. By the time someone from my area contacted me (which didn't take very long at all), I had decided it just wasn't going to work for me to get back into it. The guy e-mailed me, and I told him on e-mail that I wasn't going to pursue this right now and specifically told him I didn't want him to call me. He called anyway. He was completely rude, like he couldn't understand why I would ask for information if I didn't want it. I reminded him that I had said I didn't want him to call, and I nicely told him that I changed my mind. He ruined his chance of having me sign up under him when, two years later, I was ready to sign a contract. MORAL: BE NICE and patient. Calling someone who says "Don't call" is such an invasion. Personlly, I would rather he send me things once in the while in the mail because I can choose whether to read it or not. I don't feel invaded if I get mail, especially Pampered Chef mail! If I don't want to read something I pitch it or recycle it. If he would have put me on his mailing list instead of being rude, I may have called him rather than a different consultant to sign under.

Umm, Jae - I think I know exactly who you are talking about.....having had my own run-ins w/ this person. But also, I have gained some great customers because they never wanted to work with that Consultant again!:p

Stephanie: Your story is an exact copy of mine. Last year I signed 2 recruits and at this point both are holding on by a VERY thin thread. I have come to the realization that they just don't see the big picture. I also have 3possible recruits that I stay in contact with but they all have some reasoning to delay. I love this business so much I feel everyone should; plus I see the big picture and want it NOW. My director keeps talking me through it telling me it will come. I guess neither one of us has come across the right people to take our business to the next level. Good luck to you.

They say that for every 10 leads 1 will sign. If you had 6 and 1 signed you have actually beat the odds.

1 in 10 that you talk to will want more information.

1 in 10 of those will sign.

This business is an awesome opportunity for everyone and anyone but not everyone wants it. Make a goal to get the information in the hands of at least 3 people at every show and an interview with at least 3 people a month.

smspamperedchef said:

Sharon,

Thank you so much for posting!!!! I am happy for all the new people (2 or less years) who are promoting but it does make me wonder what's wrong. There is hope for me! But, I will be much happier if it doesn't take me another 2-1/2 years.:rolleyes:

BethCooks4U said:
They say that for every 10 leads 1 will sign. If you had 6 and 1 signed you have actually beat the odds.

1 in 10 that you talk to will want more information.

1 in 10 of those will sign.

This business is an awesome opportunity for everyone and anyone but not everyone wants it. Make a goal to get the information in the hands of at least 3 people at every show and an interview with at least 3 people a month.

I just heard this on a recruiting CD, and I really want to implement it, but what exactly would you suggest I give. If I'm giving out 3 YLYW dvd's per show, plus in host packets, this can get really expensive. If that's what I need to do, then that's it, but I'm open to hearing other ideas.

I give them the brochure that you can get on the supply order with the women on the cover and I make sure that they take a catalog with them. THAT IS IT! If they schedule an interview I give them the DVD too. If they schedule the interview on a follow-up call I give them the DVD when we meet to talk.

I used to give them flyers and all the information that I could but found that I was throwing up all over them with that approach. Give them enough to wet their appetite.

The other thing you can do is giove them the DVD with the flyer and tell them you are loaning them the DVD. That would give them a reason to get back to you (to return it) and you would hopefully save some of that expense.

Last edited:
thanks beth!

Dont worry
mistym said:
I have to agree. I only have one consultant but she is aces! I would rather have on brilliant girl than 5 useless ones. I don't really push people after my inital schpiel, I would much rather they come to me as then I know they are motivated people.

m
dont wory Stephanie i hav to strongly agree w/ misty as long as your getting sum leads i think your good. and i dont think u want that lady on your team.

1. How can I improve my success rate with signing up new consultants?

One tip is to focus on building relationships with potential consultants and understanding their needs. You can also offer a special incentive or discount for signing up during a certain time period.

2. What are some common mistakes to avoid when trying to sign up new consultants?

Avoid being too pushy or aggressive, as this can turn people off. Also, be sure to clearly communicate the benefits and opportunities of becoming a consultant, rather than just focusing on selling products.

3. How can I effectively communicate the benefits of becoming a consultant?

One strategy is to share your own personal success story and how becoming a consultant has positively impacted your life. You can also highlight the flexible schedule, potential for earning income, and the supportive community within Pampered Chef.

4. What are some creative ways to attract new consultants?

Consider hosting a themed party or event to showcase the benefits of becoming a consultant. You can also collaborate with other consultants or businesses to reach a wider audience. Utilizing social media and offering referral bonuses are also effective methods.

5. How can I motivate and support new consultants to help them succeed?

Provide ongoing training and resources, such as webinars and mentorship programs, to help new consultants learn and grow. Celebrate their successes and offer encouragement and support when they face challenges. Creating a positive and inclusive team culture can also help motivate new consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KarenMarie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • byrd1956