• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Those Who Have Other Ds Experience

It's been a week and I haven't seen anything come of it yet, but it's definitely something to watch for!Good job staying positive.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'll admit it, I'm just being lazy, or just too tired to search for it.

I met someone the other day and they were complaining about not being able to find a job. So, I broached the subject of PC. She was friendly enough and we chatted. When I explained what PC is she said, "Oh, I used to sell PL and the products were great, but I couldn't get shows. People would say they would do it at the show and then I couldn't catch up with them." (OMG! I can totally relate, BTW).

My response was: "I am a huge fan of PL, but I know that not everyone likes candles. The great thing about PC is that everyone eats, so our market is a lot wider than PL."

It got me to wondering... What do you say when someone tells you that? I would never intentionally bash another DS company, but is there another, perhaps better response I could have used?

I like your response. You didn't bash them, you actually complimented their product. And then you followed it up with a fact: not everyone likes candles.

Good job!

You didn't bash them at all. You just pointed out a benefit of PC.

That sounds like a great response. I have had 2 tupperware consultants join my team. It was their idea so I didn't have to compare the companies - just answer their questions. They are looking for the differences that will make it a better fit for them and it's all about THEM.

Good job, Anne!

Ask them what they did and didn't like about the previous company. Don't say "oh, we do it this way" or "we're not like that". Say something along the lines of "I see where you are coming from. PC does ________".

If someone says I'd do a show (or sell) but no one ever comes to my parties I ask what parties they've hosted then I tell them everyone has a kitchen.

Instead of focusing on the negatives of why she didn't like her other DS company, focus on the POSITIVE of why she is attracted to Direct Sales in general. If you keep her focusing on the negatives (reminding her why she quit with PL in the first place) she may remember so much negativity she'll say "forget it!" about the whole thing in general.
Keep it positive, and stay positive about how Pampered Chef is a fantastic company with really positive consultants to cheer her on.

Thanks for all of your input! I will be following up with her. She gave me her #, so that was a good sign.

And, yes, I don't want her to focus on the bad about PL because she could think the same about PC.

I want it to be an exchange of info. I don't want to tell her anything or just speak at her, just answer questions and help her sort things out.

AJPratt said:
Thanks for all of your input! I will be following up with her. She gave me her #, so that was a good sign.

And, yes, I don't want her to focus on the bad about PL because she could think the same about PC.

I want it to be an exchange of info. I don't want to tell her anything or just speak at her, just answer questions and help her sort things out.

WOW! See what happened when you changed your focus - has it even been one week and you have a potential?!?!:D You go girl!

Funny isn't it? I don't know what wil come of it, but I'll still plug along.

1. What is considered "other Ds experience" in recruiting?

Other Ds experience in recruiting refers to previous experience in roles related to data and analytics, such as data science, data engineering, data analysis, or business intelligence. This could also include experience with specific tools or technologies commonly used in these roles, such as SQL, Python, or Tableau.

2. Why is it beneficial to recruit those with other Ds experience?

Recruiting candidates with other Ds experience can bring a diverse set of skills and perspectives to a team. They may also have a strong understanding of data and how to use it to drive business decisions, making them valuable assets in data-driven industries.

3. How can I identify candidates with other Ds experience?

One way to identify candidates with other Ds experience is to review their resume and look for previous job titles or descriptions that indicate experience in data-related roles. You can also search for specific keywords or skills in job postings or use networking platforms like LinkedIn to search for candidates with relevant experience.

4. Are there any challenges in recruiting those with other Ds experience?

One potential challenge in recruiting candidates with other Ds experience is that they may be in high demand and have multiple job offers. It may also be difficult to assess their skills and experience without a technical background or a thorough evaluation process. Additionally, they may have higher salary expectations due to their specialized skills.

5. How can I make my job posting more attractive to candidates with other Ds experience?

To make your job posting more attractive to candidates with other Ds experience, be sure to highlight the technical skills and tools that are required for the role. Also, showcase the impact and importance of the role within the organization and the potential for growth and development. Offering competitive compensation and benefits can also make your job posting more appealing to top candidates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
  • ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • JennLizFran