• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Miss the Future Director Call with Jo? Check Out My Notes!

In summary, the call was about the importance of a strong team and how to create one. The caller is still trying to figure out how to become Director, but is hopeful that by the end of July she will be able to do so.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I have attached my notes from the call that was earlier today, for those who could not listen in. I hope they are helpful.

For myself, I felt it is was well worth spending my "lunch" (10:00 am) on the phone. :)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• In the know with Jo.pdf
    355.5 KB · Views: 334
  • In the know with Jo.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 367
Laurie, I am so bummed I was going to listen in and I just realized it was central time and not pacific time. I am so bummed!

Thanks so much for the notes.

I'm sorry you missed the call. I hope the notes, help.

They are very helpful, thanks so much!

Thanks for the notes

It was a long but good call

20 reasons for being a Director HMMMMMM

The notes just aren't the same as hearing her speak, but that's what I get for not paying attention.

Thanks Laurie,

I just looked at your notes, the are exactly the same as mine! Except yours are typed so nicely...
Good luck on promoting!

Thanks so much for posting. My in-laws are in town and I was unable to dial-in today. I hope that they recorded it so those of who missed can call in.

Okay I am kinda in a funky mood. I missed the call, however laurie posted great notes. I wanted to promote to Dir. by conference and I just don't see that happening. I can't get ahold of one of my new recruits who lives out of state, my other girl hasn't reactivated. I just don't know what to do or think. I am just in a funky mood, I know that I will make Dir, but I really wanted it by July 1st so I could walk. Sorry I needed a little vent moment.

Keep your thoughts positive Amanda~ I am in a funky mood as well...I am so close to becoming Director, its all I think about..but my shows are in a slump and I'm depressed about that..so I keep going back and fourth with myself trying to talk myself out of Directorship...but I really want it! So feel free to vent we all have to sometimes...I took the call this afternoon and Laurie's notes cover it all...I was a little disappointed in the call because I took a Step Up to Director workshop with my Director and we covered all the same stuff...so basically I feel I know what to do I just have to do it!
Good luck with promoting...It can be done, there is still time, I'll be praying for you!

I understand your frustration. One of the things they talked about in the call was creating a strong team. Don't stop at 5 Go for 7, 10 whatever you need. Not everyone is gonig to be doing strong sales every month so the more on you team the better. I am not projecting to walk at Conference because I just know it will not happen with my current situation. I am going to book the next few months heavier than usual and work strongly on the leads and hope I can qualify as Director by getting a my team qualified by by end of July. I have set this goal because we have a New Director Academy and Director's trianing Day in late August here in Dallas so if I could qualify by late July then I could go to this training.

I am making sure I talk to all hosts especially cooking show hosts about the business opp. I am also contacting new and old leads to let them know about the new consultant program

I tried to start an accountability thread with the 90 day program but no bites yet - Is anyone interested in doing kind of an on-line step up type of program

I would like to join the 90 program. Personally, I do better if I am held accountable to others not just myself. :)

What is the 90 day program?

Don't you just love newbie questions??:rolleyes:

Well I need to actually update the form - I will start a new thread

It was something I got in our Step up Program

Amanda and Krissy I think that funking mood must be going around because i have been that way this week! I had a great April but May is really slow!

I have 2 consultants who stay active-part time, one who just reactived but don't know how long she will stay active and on inactive. I will probably need about 8 people before I promote because all of my people so far are real part timers. I have one who thinks she will be signing in July but she will also be part time.

I have done the step up to director 2 times with not much great results.

I am going out tomorrow to get my stuff for my why bag for my one and only show this Saturday.

I did get on the phone this afternoon and made 3 contact from past hosts but with no luck.

Ann R.

Thank you for sharing. I was at work and could not sneek away to listen.:D

I was just talking to one of my FD's and she said that Jo Price said if you are doing a party for someone that is about to sign, don't give them all the bookings from the party?!?!?!
I realize that if the person doesn't sign. In that case, I follow up on all of the booking leads. But if they sign, I would be offended if I was the one signing and part of my friends were made to do a party with the recruiter.
As a friend, I would probably cancel and then book with my friend anyway.
Did I hear her correctly? I couldn't find a reference to that in the notes given earlier (which by the way were fantastic and thank you for sharing!!!)
And this funk thing? I am just going to say it and get it over with...I have not sold one Help Whip Cancer item. I love the cause and stand behind donating to ACS 150% but forgoing the specials hasn't done much for my sales. I feel like Debbie Downer from SNL!!! With this being the last TPC month, I find it more of a struggle. (OK...a little voice is telling me...should have worked harder during the year!!) Wha, wha...:(

I thought she meant don't give her booking of your to help their business - I didn't understnd it to mean that you culdn't give them the bookings from their own show.

We are allowed to give new recruits shows. It makes more sense that she would say don't give the new recruit bookings of yours (not associated with the new recruit's party). Maybe that is what she meant. I was not on the call so I didn't hear it.

I was on the call and someone said she was giving her new recruits shows to help them and now she doesn't have a very solid month for herself..she wasn't talking about the bookings from a show where the host is becoming a consultant....this girl was actually giving HER shows to her TEAM and Jo was saying that that will not help your recruit work for her own shows...she may just expect them to be given to her.....

As for the HWC products...I wasn't as excited about them either...I have a THINK PINK fundraiser going on where I am just selling just the pink items...so far I have at least 15 sold..I have 5 teams (each person took an order form and committed to getting at least 10 items sold if not more, I got the idea from a brillant mind on this site:))...

I'll let you know what the end result is...I have all my orders to be in to me by next week..

All the "Funky's" have to go have a little fun and try to turn the funk around!
Myself included...let's all have a drink (or two!) to lose the funk!
Good luck :)

I thought the call was great! I feel inspired, and I even got to actually TALK to JO! It was really nifty...one of my 20 reasons is to show everyone who thought I was nuts when I started with PC that I really know what I'm doing!

I thought that was you - My hard part is that my hubby is not that crazy about the time involved with pursuing becoming a director He likes a more laidback lifestyle I enjoy working with the people but it does take time away from him

Thanks for sharing those notes, I found them helpful.

Thanks for sharing!

Kathy: My dh felt the same way. He encouraged and supported me but said in February it I didn't promote by June that year that I should look into doing something different because it was taking so much energy. I promoted that May (he would have given me more time if I had needed it btw) and being a director does take more time than just being a consultant but not as much as getting there. He's so proud of me and loves the trips and perks. He still whines sometimes but also gets on my back when I'm slacking off.

Originally I signed up just to do fundraiser for cancer research then I started enjoying it but I was giving away most of my commision to the participants. So I started getting bookings and doing a few craft fairs, bridal shows and such. He just like a more laid back lifestyle. We live in a mobile home community and honestly I don't want to live here forever. It's a nice park - everyone has to own there are no renters. But I want to live in a house iwth a yard for the dogs. He cheerleads when I am having a bad day and helps me with keeping organized but feels like I don't work hard enough around the house. I feel like he has this list of things in his head he wants me to do but I have not clue what it is that I didn't do. I have never been good at the domestic arts. Why is he surprised about this now?
It adds a little to my frustration - I know he would dread all the samples showing up at our house because then we would have to figure out where to put them. Hello - I would be making more money. Sometimes I think about leaving PC behind but it's hard to quit something you enjoy. I am kind of an all-or-nothing person and he doesn't understand how hard it is to find a balance in the middle when you are that type of person.

I had a few extra details in my notes - wanted to share

Tracie

Attachments

• In the Know with Jo.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Hey Tracie,

You named your document Nancy Jo. She's an National Executive Director here in IL. Your Future Director call was with Jo Price, who is the National Sales Director from the Home Office.

Just wanted to make sure you knew who you were talking to. :)

pckrissy said:
I was on the call and someone said she was giving her new recruits shows to help them and now she doesn't have a very solid month for herself..she wasn't talking about the bookings from a show where the host is becoming a consultant....this girl was actually giving HER shows to her TEAM and Jo was saying that that will not help your recruit work for her own shows...she may just expect them to be given to her.....

As for the HWC products...I wasn't as excited about them either...I have a THINK PINK fundraiser going on where I am just selling just the pink items...so far I have at least 15 sold..I have 5 teams (each person took an order form and committed to getting at least 10 items sold if not more, I got the idea from a brillant mind on this site:))...

I'll let you know what the end result is...I have all my orders to be in to me by next week..

All the "Funky's" have to go have a little fun and try to turn the funk around!
Myself included...let's all have a drink (or two!) to lose the funk!
Good luck :)

Thanks, Krissy! That makes much more sense to me!! Good luck with your Think Pink fundraiser!!!

tada said:
I had a few extra details in my notes - wanted to share

Tracie

Tracie those are great. I little more succinct than mine. I tend to ramble. :)

Opps - I get everyone confused.

So far I've worked on my box, sent my list of 20 to my director, called about 10 people today (1 no, 6 voice mails,3 call me backs next week or month).

Tracie

I am so glad that I am not the only one in a funk. (not that I hope you are in the funk) I know there is still time, I am just not seeing it by July 1st. Thank you for all the support, I really love this site!

You guys rock!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef_kimmo
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • lacychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
MissChef