• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pros and Cons of Using Quick Start Boxes for Your Group | Director Order Only

In summary, Quick Start Boxes are a paperwork kit that Directors can order for free and give to new consultants immediately. It helps consultants get started quickly and gives them a leg up in the business. With the new starter program, it is recommended to use these boxes to help new consultants prepare and plan. However, there is a penalty of $35 for each box that is not used before the end of the season. Some directors have had trouble getting rid of leftover boxes, while others have found ways to use them or distribute them to their team. Overall, the consensus is that Quick Start Boxes are helpful in getting new consultants off to a fast start with the new program, but directors should be mindful of not ordering too many and incurring the penalty

Quick Start Box Poll

• Yes

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • What the heck is a Quick Start Box??

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
Kathytnt
Does your group use Quick Start Boxes or not - Give me pros and cons I know this is something you can only order if you are a Director

I LOVE them! It is a great way to get a consultant off the fence when you bring out that pretty box and go through it with him/her. I firmly believe it gives them a leg up, too.

Especially with the new starter program, it really gives your new consultants a boost!

I think with the 30/90 day program it should be mandatory. Seriously.

I was given a quick starter box, and it was great!!! I was very eager to start, but then it took almost a week and a half to get my tools. That was a little disappointing. I wasn't sure if that week and a half would count against me, but it did not. I would definitely suggest to use them. It gives new Consultants extra time to plan, read up and prepare.... and take it all in :)

I agree...with the new program, it's really a necessity to get a new consultant off to a fast start. With the old program, you could move the first month, so it didn't really matter. Now, gotta have it!

Ok

What the heck is a Quick Start Box??

Now gives details, details, and details, and even pictures (I like pictures)

~

Pampered Laura said:
I think with the 30/90 day program it should be mandatory. Seriously.
I agree but I don't like that we have to pay for left over boxes at the end of the season. There should be some way we can have them available without being penalized.

whiteyteresa said:
Ok

What the heck is a Quick Start Box??

Now gives details, details, and details, and even pictures (I like pictures)

~
A quick start box is the paperwork part of the kit. Directors can order them for free to give to new consultants immediately and then they just have to wait for the tools. It's great for giving them the jump start on going through the paperwork. Directors have to pay $35 for every kit that isn't used before the end of the season.

I order 2 or 3 at a time, and have used them all each time... so far. I gave away my last one yesterday :eek: and I have a couple more potential recruits to sign this month and no boxes. Ack!

You can always open it up to your cluster and let everyone know that if they recruit, you have a QS box available for them. For the new consultant's agreement, the recruiter just needs to put YOUR consultant number in the space provided. ;)

Yes. I do that and ALWAYS remind them that I have the box available. I have only been "stuck" with one box since I promoted but the hospitality director for my Texas team had FOUR left over last season!:eek:

:eek: can you imagine? I'd be so upset having to pay for FOUR boxes!!! Oh my.

Pampered Laura said:
:eek: can you imagine? I'd be so upset having to pay for FOUR boxes!!! Oh my.
I KNOW!:eek: I never order more than 2 at a time in case we have a dry spell - they ship very quickly anyway.

Her team was recruiting heavily but they weren't using the boxes she had even though she told them over and over that she had the boxes for them. lol They all COULD have been used. I felt so bad for her!

Well with paying $35 dollars if something doesn't get used I could see where some directors would be concerned about getting them but I agree with the new program it would be helpful. There is training online and steps they can take when they get started until the kit gets there.

I live in IL and haven't needed to use them since we get things shipped to us so fast.

However, with the new program I am reconsidering, especially since *I* can order them now. Haven't decided.....

Deb - I am in wave 3 - I will be cheering you on!

Yes - but keep an eye on them!Last season I ended up having to "buy" 3 kits because I did not get rid of them. I broke them down and sold the catalogs, postcards and SB to my team - so I came out even.

I know this should not happen. I had several people want to wait until late january for the new kit. The new program is so much better that I couldn't recruit anyone with the old kit.

Right now I have 5 Paperwork boxes. Today I am giving 2 away!!! I have 2 team members that took one each home from the last meeting and hopefully they will get rid of them this week!!

I love the boxes because I can go over the paperwork with them. Plus, they also have plenty of time to get familiar with P3 and not ignore it because their products came the same day and they are overwhelmed.

Why are they only available to directors? I'd love the opportunity to get a Quick Start Box! I would think it would be a great recruiting tool! And my last recruit was all fired up and then had to wait for her box and the air went out of her balloon!

I'm about 800 miles away from my director so I can't pick one up from her. Can I get one through my hospitality director with the agreement that I pay her for them if I don't use them? I would think they must have some sort of tracking system of the boxes so anyone who uses a box that my hd ordered has to sign up under her????

I'm only a Future Director - How do I get a couple???:confused:

Check with your hospitality director Also - To keep you consultants fired up have them start working on their list and booking shows as well as taking care of things like a bank account. I do miss the welcome booklet we used to have

Anyone can use a quickstart box from any director. You just need her consultant number when doing the agreement. The director can be your director, hospitality or just someone you know who is a director and happens to have a box.

AMTC said:
Why are they only available to directors? I'd love the opportunity to get a Quick Start Box! I would think it would be a great recruiting tool! And my last recruit was all fired up and then had to wait for her box and the air went out of her balloon!
I think they make them available only to Directors for a couple of reasons:
  • Directors have already proven that they're committed to the business and are therefore less likely to have "leftover" boxes at the end of the season.
  • It's a benefit of Directorship - another carrot to make us want to promote.
JMO.

I usually get five at a time. Figure it is not only good motivation for me to get people on my team (as I dont want to get stuck with the boxes either), but also gives new consultants a jump start to reading up on materials and getting catalog shows out there.

Also, I am one of the few directors in my (up)line that uses them, so getting rid of them to the 10 other directors in our group is not a huge issue for me.

I say a definate yes!

I was given a quick start box. Loved it because I could go through my paperwork and get familiar with it and then got my tools. so I wasn't so overwhelmed.

I wish I had been given a quick start box when I started and when I had my first recruit. I'm definitely going to get one for my next recruit... as soon as I can find someone to recruit!

1. What are the benefits of using Quick Start Boxes for my group as a Director?

Quick Start Boxes are a great way to jumpstart your group's sales and success. As a Director, you can use these boxes to incentivize and motivate your team to reach their goals. These boxes also provide a variety of products at a discounted price, making it easier for your team to sell and earn more commission.

2. Can I customize the products in the Quick Start Boxes?

Unfortunately, as a Director, you cannot customize the products in the Quick Start Boxes. These boxes are pre-packaged with a selection of popular and in-demand products, making it easier for you to promote and sell to your group. However, you can always add additional products to your group's order separately.

3. Are there any downsides to using Quick Start Boxes for my group?

While Quick Start Boxes can be a great tool for boosting sales and team motivation, there are some potential downsides to be aware of. One downside is that the products in the boxes may not always align with your group's individual preferences or needs. Additionally, some team members may feel pressured to purchase the boxes, even if they are not interested in the products.

4. How often can I order Quick Start Boxes for my group?

As a Director, you can order Quick Start Boxes for your group as often as you'd like, as long as they are available. These boxes are typically offered on a quarterly basis, so it's important to plan ahead and order them in advance to ensure availability.

5. Can I earn commission on Quick Start Box sales?

Yes, you can earn commission on Quick Start Box sales just like any other Pampered Chef product. As a Director, you will earn the same commission percentage on these boxes as you would on individual product sales. This can be a great way to boost your own earnings while also supporting your team's success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathytnt
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • missyciccolella
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
  • ChefDi