• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Don't Want to Sound Stupid, But...

In summary, "I Don't Want to Sound Stupid, But..." is a phrase commonly used to preface a question or statement that may seem obvious or basic to others. To avoid feeling stupid when asking a question, it is important to remember that there is no such thing as a stupid question and to do some research beforehand. It is not better to stay silent and appear knowledgeable, as asking questions is important for understanding a topic or task. To encourage others to ask questions without feeling stupid, it is helpful to create a safe and non-judgmental environment and actively listen to their responses. Admitting when you don't know something can have benefits such as showing honesty and humility, building trust and credibility, and opening up opportunities
ahammons
I'm still pretty new at this, so I was wondering how exactly does promoting work? And what do the overrides mean??

It is explained in your business guide and your director can give you more details but essentially you promote:

to future director by sharing the business with 2 people

to director by having 5 people on your team that you personally recruited and are qualified

to advanced director by having 2 directors on your team

Over rides are extra %'s added to your income each month depending on your level

future director level 1% more on your sales and those of your personal recruits (you must have $1250 in sales in a month to get this)

director level 3% more on your sales and those of your first and second line (all those you recruited and those they recruited - you must have $4000 in sales from the team including your sales, 5 active consultants in your downline and $350 personal sales).

PS: the only stupid question is the one that is not asked!

Thanks! I thought I saw it mentioned in the business guide, but I couldn't find it earlier... probably b/c my kids were playing, bumping into me, and then started fighting. lol :)

Ashlee~

Even after I read what was in our guide, it never made sense till someone actually explained it to me!

1. What does "I Don't Want to Sound Stupid, But..." mean?

"I Don't Want to Sound Stupid, But..." is a common phrase used when someone wants to ask a question or share their thoughts, but they are afraid of appearing ignorant or unintelligent. It is often used to preface a question or statement that may seem obvious or basic to others.

2. How can I avoid feeling stupid when asking a question?

One way to avoid feeling stupid when asking a question is to remember that there is no such thing as a stupid question. Asking questions shows that you are curious and willing to learn. It is also helpful to do some research beforehand to see if your question has already been answered or if there is any information available that can help clarify your understanding.

3. Is it better to not ask a question and appear knowledgeable?

No, it is not better to stay silent and appear knowledgeable. It is important to ask questions and seek clarification in order to fully understand a topic or task. By not asking questions, you may miss out on important information or make mistakes that could have been avoided.

4. How can I encourage others to ask questions without making them feel stupid?

One way to encourage others to ask questions without making them feel stupid is to create a safe and non-judgmental environment. Let them know that all questions are welcome and that there is no such thing as a stupid question. Also, try to ask open-ended questions and actively listen to their responses to show that their thoughts and questions are valued.

5. Are there any benefits to admitting when I don't know something?

Yes, there are benefits to admitting when you don't know something. It shows honesty and humility, which can help build trust and credibility with others. Admitting when you don't know something also opens up opportunities for learning and growth. By acknowledging your lack of knowledge, you can then seek out the information and resources needed to expand your understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • Sheila