• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vent: New Consultants Going Inactive

In summary, the director should be contacting the consultant (person in danger of going inactive) too so she/he... knows what is going on and what their options are.
AJPratt
Silver Member
It would really help if *I* would get and email about MY consultants going inactive. I kniow one of mine had a show he was going to submit. So I checked my tracker and it says he's now inactive.:mad: I am sure my director got the email. And how is that supposed to help ME keep them active. C'mon, I know this guy doesn't check his email that frequently... but I know a call from me would have had him submit that show. I knew he was close but I didn't know when he would go inactive. Why won't PC send that info to the director and recruiter? How can I work to become a director if I don't know when someone is going to go inactive? This is the final straw. I swear, I am officially giving up on promoting. I am just going to do my shows and worry about myself. OK.. now I'm off to my pitty party. (Sorry, just realized how pathetic my rant was.)

awww.... hugs.....
Just remember, if it's more than a $200 show, he'll reactivate when he submits it.

Actually my director said she doesn't see the inactive notifictaion until the first day of the month. It would be nice if HO would send the director and recruite a notification a few days before

I had a recruit about to go inactive - She is swamped with eams on her doctorate and working full time She managed to get in a waiver at the last minute

I would think HO should send you (recruiter and director) something a week before the consultant is due to go inactive so that you have time to help the consultant and keep them from going inactive.

If you check your Individual Performance Tracker, it will show you what has been submitted for you and for your recruits, too! I check it often, so I can be "on top of" those who submit nothing one month, to help them in whatever way I can to stay active. I find this report invaluable!!

Also, I have a recruit who I swear has to have the official PC record for going inactive, then "re-activating" right away!! So, it's second nature now for me to be constantly checking her "stats" and calling her!!

I hope you find this helpful, too!

Best wishes,
Paula

Kathytnt said:
Actually my director said she doesn't see the inactive notifictaion until the first day of the month. It would be nice if HO would send the director and recruite a notification a few days before

I had a recruit about to go inactive - She is swamped with eams on her doctorate and working full time She managed to get in a waiver at the last minute

I receive an email telling me when consultants are going inactive. Not sure when in the month it comes but early enough that they can get something in. An email goes to the consultant too.

Anne...your consultant can request a retroactive sales waiver. Look it up in the P&P manual. There's a $25 fee and has to be requested by the 20th of the month. I've had two girls do this in the past few months. For them it was worth it because they both had alot of career sales and they didn't want to lose it. For someone new, it might not be worth the effort...just have him submit $200 next month.

The waiver doesn't come up immediately on the IPT

Kathytnt said:
Actually my director said she doesn't see the inactive notifictaion until the first day of the month.

Really? I'm a Director...I get mine...in fact, :( I just got one 2 days ago notifying me who was going to go inactive effective June 1 if they didn't submit $200. So HO is giving me a little more than 3 weeks notice ~

Luckily ~ all of them are submitting a few shows this month! Phew!

Ginny

My director always lets me know when one of my consultants is going to be inactive. I am always checking their tracker to see if they submitted anything.

We, as FD should also receive an email letting us know if OUR consultants are going inactive.

I check the IPT several times a month and especially watch those that are in danger of going inactive and gikve them a call and an email telling them their options.

I do get an email about those that may be going inactive and it says that they got it too so they know. It is the responsibility of the director to make sure the recruiter is aware of things like that. The director should also be contacting the consultant (person in danger of going inactive) too so she/he can help if needed.

I treat all of my recruiters as potential directors and include them in all communications with their recruits. Some recruiters want to be the one to deal with everything concerning their recruits and in that case I would be in contact with the recruiter only - with a comment that I will help as they want me to. Also some recruits will only respond to their recruiter. I have had people who never respond to my attempts to train/help them but are very responsive to the recruiter (I have several long distance consultants who cannot attend my meetings).

Talk to your director and let her know how you feel. Watch your IPT and keep in close contact with your recruits. HTH

Thanks for your great advice. I was confused as to exactly when someone would go inactive. As of Thursday afternoon, IPT still had him active, then Thurs night, inactive. So, its tough for me to know. And, I am still learning how to keep track of these things. Are there classes for FD? I promoted just after conference last year so I missed any training at conference.

On this "notification" topic...my recruiter just got an e-mail saying I earned $50 PC dollars...she got the e-mail on 5/7. I had earned them on 3/20!!!! She immediately e-mailed and gave me kudos, but I saw when the e-mail said I earned them, when they sent it to her and then laughed that they are almost 2 months behind!

Anne,

If anyone has less than $200 in sales in 2 consecutive months she will go inactive the following month. For instance: Suzy had $152 in sales in March, $0 in April - so she went inactive May 1.

HTH

AJPratt said:
Thanks for your great advice. I was confused as to exactly when someone would go inactive. As of Thursday afternoon, IPT still had him active, then Thurs night, inactive. So, its tough for me to know. And, I am still learning how to keep track of these things. Are there classes for FD? I promoted just after conference last year so I missed any training at conference.

When checking to see if someone is going inactive, always add their sales from two months together. (I know you know that :)) They update the status on IPT around the 8th of the month when checks go out. So someone that didn't sell a total of $200 in March and April will still show as active after May 1st ONLY on the tracker (until it's updated). In PC's records, they went inactive on the last day of April.

GeorgiaPeach said:
When checking to see if someone is going inactive, always add their sales from two months together. (I know you know that :)) They update the status on IPT around the 8th of the month when checks go out. So someone that didn't sell a total of $200 in March and April will still show as active after May 1st ONLY on the tracker (until it's updated). In PC's records, they went inactive on the last day of April.
Looks like we posted at the exact same time!

BethCooks4U said:
Looks like we posted at the exact same time!

Once again...another case of great minds thinking alike on CS :)

Thanks... I knew I would get great support from you guys.

Its just very frustrating. I try not to compare myself to others but I just watch the way some run their business (pushy, not really even nice people) promote before me, do better than me, and its just hard sometimes to let it go. Its even harded when I hear from people who have had experiences with these people and they are disappointed with their experience.

I just had 2 different guests at the same show tell me that they appreciated that I wasn't pushy ... and that the last 2 shows they and their friends had been to they ended up not ordering much because of the way the consultant pushed and was very rigid in doing the shows and wasn't listening and tailoring things to that host and guest... SO... DO IT YOUR WAY>>>> YOU know best for your business right? I've not been doing this a year yet but I was thankful for the confirmation that they enjoyed the relaxed style I have. I know I don't like to feel pushed myself so i surely don't want to push others. And of course we can disguise pushing as suggestions and questions right? :) Sorry... I couldn't resist! It is Friday after all.. not time for anything TOO heavy in the discussion zone!

What does it mean for a Pampered Chef consultant to go inactive?

Going inactive means that a consultant has not met the minimum sales requirements for a certain period of time and is no longer considered an active consultant for the company.

What are the minimum sales requirements for a Pampered Chef consultant to remain active?

The minimum sales requirement for a Pampered Chef consultant is $150 in personal sales every month.

How long can a Pampered Chef consultant be inactive before being terminated?

A consultant can be inactive for up to 3 consecutive months before being terminated. However, if the consultant reaches out to their upline or customer service, they may be able to request an extension.

Can a Pampered Chef consultant reactivate after going inactive?

Yes, a consultant can reactivate by placing a personal order of $150 or more, or by hosting a party with at least $200 in sales.

What happens to a consultant's team if they go inactive?

If a consultant goes inactive, their team will not be affected. However, if the consultant is terminated, their team will be realigned to their upline and any team members who were sponsored by the inactive consultant will be placed under a new sponsor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Cook1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • chefkathy