• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Business Potential During Pregnancy: Tips from Chef Moms

In summary, the host is pregnant and wants to know how to plan around her preganancy. She is thinking about calling the potential recruit back to discuss starting her business after her show, but is worried about her baby being born during her first 90 days and not being able to earn as much PC dollars. The host suggests that the recruit contact her to discuss starting her business before or after her show, depending on her situation.
Kathytnt
I have a question for all you cheffers who are mom's I have never been pregnant and honestly I do know that all preganncies are different. I booked a show for July and during host coaching she expressed some interest in the business opp. She is due in Sept. I want to talk to her about making plans to start her business. How would you plan around your preganancy? I think this is number 2 if I remember correctly from the initial show she booked from.

You said she expressed interest? When is she thinking she wants to sign - right after her show or after she has the baby. It would also depend on if she is having any issues with the pregnancy or not. If she's wanting to do it right after her show I would coach her to get her business going strong (as many shows a month as she feels she can handle). That way she can afford a bit of a break when the baby is born.

Like I said though, it depends on the things I mentioned above.

I am thinking about calling her back and discussing making her show an business start after we have talked the only problem is that the baby would be born during her first 90 days and that would cause her not to be able to get all the PC dollars she could earn.

She could still do catalog shows and as long as there are no complications there isn't any reason she couldn't keep things going until shortly before she has the baby. I am personally pregnant myself and am finding it all comes down to organization.

I would ask her what she wants to do. I would let her know, though, that if she joins before the baby is born that she may not get as many PC dollars as she could. She may not care about that. Or she may just want to wait until the baby is born.

I had a very difficult 6 month old when I started. I went to a show when she was 1 month old and it planted the idea in my head. I wanted to start during the busy season so I wanted until September to sign. It worked out perfectly for my family. I started slow with just 1 show a month. I am now able to do more shows because Daddy is able to help more now that she is older. I think it depends on the individual motivation. Just because you are preggo or have a small baby doesn't mean you will not get it done. We all know people that have no or grown kids that are not successful!

I had difficulties in the last 3 months of my first pregnancy,had to work my job (notPC) from home, but I would easily have been able to support catalog shows from home. IMHO, it would be harder (especially with a 1st baby) to get started with a newborn than when pregnant. I just had a recruit sign who is newly pregnant, she plans to do just catalog shows. I had another potential recruit do a show and then not sign due to pregnancy.

You are rightAll pregnancies are different. I had a show the day before my 18 month old son was born. I joined PC when my 3 year old daughter was 6 months. I am pregnant now with baby number 5! I just had a show Saturday.
There is plenty of help for preggo PC moms. I had ladies unload and load my stuff from my van. I had a chair so I could sit if I needed to, and I had my hubby unload and load my stuff in the van before I left and when I got back. My nine year old loads the dishwasher and I am done!

If she is showing an interest, I would definitely encourage it. You never know what someone is capable of, until you give them a chance. I would also encourage her to gather as many cooking shows as she can until she feels she cannot comfortably do them anymore and then focus on catalog shows as she nears her due date and after she has her baby.

I love catty shows!! The host does all the work and we get paid!!! She just needs to start jotting down people who she thinks might want to help her get her business started and make some phone calls. Tell her all she needs is 4 to get qualified or $1250 in sales. Also tell her that she can get lots of FREE stuff the more she submits!! Keep us posted!!

Debbie :D

1. How can I balance my business and pregnancy?

One way to balance your business and pregnancy is by setting realistic expectations and prioritizing your tasks. It's important to communicate with your team and delegate tasks when needed. Remember to also take breaks and listen to your body.

2. How can I stay organized while pregnant?

Staying organized is key during pregnancy, especially when it comes to managing your business. Consider using a planner or scheduling app to keep track of important tasks and appointments. It's also helpful to declutter your workspace and have a designated area for work.

3. What are some tips for maintaining productivity during pregnancy?

One tip for maintaining productivity during pregnancy is to establish a routine that works for you. This can include setting specific work hours, taking frequent breaks, and setting achievable goals for each day. Prioritizing your tasks and delegating when necessary can also help you stay productive.

4. How can I handle the physical demands of my job while pregnant?

Pregnancy can often bring physical challenges, especially for those in physically demanding jobs. It's important to listen to your body and take breaks when needed. You can also modify tasks or ask for assistance when necessary. It's important to prioritize your health and well-being during this time.

5. What are some ways to maintain a positive mindset during pregnancy while running a business?

Maintaining a positive mindset during pregnancy and running a business can be challenging, but there are some strategies that can help. Surrounding yourself with a supportive team and seeking advice from other successful chef moms can provide valuable encouragement. It's also important to take time for self-care and to celebrate your accomplishments, no matter how small they may seem.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinyourpclady
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcchris
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • scottcooks