• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef's Rules for Kit Nappers: What Happens if They Don't Fulfill Their Agreement?

In summary, if you have not submitted any shows after 90 days, you may want to consider getting together some catalog shows to make up the minimum number of required shows.
pcchris
Silver Member
Seeing as how I have yet to recruit anyone (but have a couple thinking about it), what happens if someone signs up, gets the kit and then does not fulfill their 4 show agreement? Do they have to pay for it? I'm having a serious case of Deja vu, like I've asked this before, but I can't find the original thread. Not that I'm doubting people, I just want to know if PC "does" anything to kit nappers. thanks!

PC does nothing.

Nope. They get by with it. I guess at one time they went after them but found it more expensive to chase them than to accept the loss.

The people who do that have to live with themselves. They know they broke the contract. When I have a non-responsive recruit that I think may be a kitnapper I make a point to leave the message that they committed to 4 shows, a minimum show is $150, I hope everything is okay, and how can I help them. If they still don't do anything I let go and let them live with their conscious - well, I might make a phone call/send an email every few months (until the year is up) and remind them that they still need to do 1 (2, 3, 4) show(s) to fulfill their committment to Pampered Chef.

I have had a couple come back with "okay, so how much more do I have to pay and where do I send it". Of course the answer to that is "Nothing, you agreed to do 4 shows or $1250 in sales. Just get together some catalog shows and you can keep everything with a clear conscious." Most just disappear, one gave me some of the products and the paperwork she hadn't used. She felt that at least I should get something (the large round stone she returned was USED :eek: ). She kept about $90 worth of products (cost of the kit at the time). LOL

I had a person the other day that wanted to buy a kit but I declined. Explained that I am offering you a business kit not a discount on products.

I have never seen PC re-possess a kit.

I have another person who I think is a potential kit-napper but I am going to work with her on when she wants to start her business and get the shows for her show booked to keep it from being a kitnapping incident.

HUH?!! They do nothing? Well, I certainly won't broadcast that to anyone!! LOL!! I had someone ask me that recently..."what if I don't do the 4 shows?" I didn't know, so I said "I'll find out". This knowledge I will keep to myself. I think they should do something...don't know what, but something. Wow.

pcchris said:
HUH?!! They do nothing? Well, I certainly won't broadcast that to anyone!! LOL!! I had someone ask me that recently..."what if I don't do the 4 shows?" I didn't know, so I said "I'll find out". This knowledge I will keep to myself. I think they should do something...don't know what, but something. Wow.
I would tell them that by signing the agreement they are comitting to doing 4 shows (or $1250 in sales). When they ask "what if..." tell them that they could just get together catalog shows to make up the rest and that they can do just one per month until they have them all in. Remind them that it is a small comittment for such a great opportunity and that we know this business isn't for everyone and that's why we ask so little of them to try it out.

A letterI would like to see PC send some kind of letter at least saying something like:

Dear Potential Consultant,

It has been 90 days since you purchased the Pampered Chef business kit and signed our contract agreement. Unfortunately you have not submitted any shows, and we hope you have not decided to disregard the contract that you signed. In the contract you agreed to have at least four Pampered Chef shows or submit $1,250 in sales to qualify as a consultant. We at Pampered Chef pride ourselves in the integrity and honesty of our consultants as well as the fulfilling of our contracts to potential consultants.

I hope you will contact your recruiter and find ideas to get your business started in a positive and successful way. Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant is a wonderful way to bring in some extra income, receive FREE products throughout the year with special promotions, get a special consultant discount on all new products, earn free incentive trips, jewelry, and build a business you can be proud of. We understand that things come up in life that may postpone our plans, and if this has happened to you, we hope that as soon as your crisis has ended, you will promptly begin having shows to fulfill your contract. We cannot encourage you enough to get on the phone with your recruiter and discuss your situation. They are there to help you every step of the way.

Sincerely,
HO

I think I may be tempted to do this if anyone ever decided to kit nap from me. I know a letter isn't much but at least it will help them to know that PC as well as their recruiter know they are kit nappers and have not fulfilled their agreement. Otherwise they receive nothing and their conscience is clear, to a certain extent.

Debbie :D

Honestly when I first signed on I was lured by the kit. Then I realized how easy it is to be a consultant since the products virtually sell themselves. And when I started using them I realized how great they are and I was excited to share my new-found passion for cooking. So it's been an easy fit, but initially I didn't foresee myself necessarily continuing. I guess that's why they have us commit to 4 shows. After that I knew it was for me.

There are many people who start PC with just the intention of getting a "good deal" on the products that are in the kit. Many of them end up staying because after their agreement is fullfilled, they are hooked!

I don't explain that PC really won't do anything about kitnappers to any interested person, I just reiterate that they are signing a contract agreeing to do a small number of shows, and that they are expected to follow through with their end of the contract.

Debbie- I like your letter! That may kick some in the pants enough to do it, but honestly, if someone is totally against doing the shows and/or catty shows, they probably could do more harm to our reputation by providing crappy service to the customers they have contact with. For that reason, as well as legal fees, that's probably why HO doesn't pursue kitnappers. Like it's been mentioned here, hopefully it sits on their conscious enough to at least do the minimum that they agreed to!

Debbie - LOVE the letter!! Good idea!!

Kelly - I guess I never thought about the fact that if someone is doing a show because they HAVE to instead of WANTING to, they might reflect negativity on Pampered Chef.
Unfortunately, it seems that there are an awful lot of people nowadays that don't have a consceince (I know that's not spelled right! LOL!) so it really won't matter to them. I don't think I could, in good faith, sign a recruit knowing that they were in it only for the kit. But, PC might not be for everyone. I know I enjoy it, and I guess 4 shows isn't that bad to do. I just wonder how many kits get "kitnapped" every year!

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the board (first post!), and new to PC. I am VERY excited to get started - my own show just closed last night and I'm waiting until it hits the system to sign my agreement so my $40 credit will be available. I already have 7 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows booked for my first 30 days :D Gotta get those PC$ and June's free products, ya know ...

Anyway - I've actually thought about this scenario - I figure I will remind people that if they have changed their minds (after all - it isn't for everyone!) that they can certainly RETURN the kit - the contract does say TPC will buy back any unused and resaleable product samples or inventory purchased within 12 months of termination ... would that not include the kit?

ETA: BTW, my name is Sandy - I'll be in Wave 1 for the National Conference.

Another idea here, shamelessly stolen, I might add ...

How about using their first 4 shows as training shows. Help them schedule them and be hands on during all phases - maybe even go with them for the first one, if not all 4. What keeps most people from ever starting something is fear, which can be diminised by a bit of hand holding. And nothing beats On-the-job training.

1. What is the agreement for kit nappers?

The agreement for kit nappers outlines the terms and conditions for borrowing a Pampered Chef kit, which includes returning the kit by the agreed upon date and in the same condition it was received.

2. What happens if a kit napper doesn't fulfill their agreement?

If a kit napper does not fulfill their agreement, they may be charged a fee for the late return or damage of the kit. This fee will be determined by the condition of the kit and the length of time it was not returned.

3. Can a kit napper extend their borrowing period?

Yes, a kit napper may request to extend their borrowing period if needed. However, this must be done before the original return date and is subject to approval by the Pampered Chef consultant.

4. What if a kit napper needs to cancel their borrowing agreement?

If a kit napper needs to cancel their agreement, they must notify the Pampered Chef consultant as soon as possible. Any fees incurred due to the cancellation will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

5. Are there any restrictions on who can be a kit napper?

Yes, only individuals who are 18 years or older and reside in the same country as the Pampered Chef consultant can be kit nappers. Additionally, kit nappers must follow all local laws and regulations regarding borrowing and returning items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennyl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jewel
  • Christy252
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cpfeifer