• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Objection ~ Don't Have $$ for the Kit

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding ways to help a lead who cannot afford the initial start-up cost for a Pampered Chef business. Suggestions include having a garage sale, putting the cost on a credit card (paid back with the first shows), borrowing from family or friends, and cutting back on expenses. Other ideas include offering a free show in exchange for a loan, earning money quickly through catalog shows, and emphasizing the potential for earning back the initial investment. There is also a suggestion for Pampered Chef to offer some type of loan or payment plan for new recruits.
Kitchen2u
I have a lead right now who told me last night at our cluster meeting she didn't have the $$ for the kit...I'm suppose to call her Wed night.

Comebacks:
1) have a garage sale
2) put it on a credit card (paid back with the 1st shows)
3) borrow from a family member or friend (offer them a free show in return)
4) what could you live without for a little bit to save the $$
5) ??
6) ??
7) ??

What other things can I say? I know I've heard them ~ but I guess with tomorrow's call, my brain had a huge fart!

TIA ~
Ginny

Her comment was "if I pay it back by doing some shows in the beginning...."

Ginny

Don't forget she can have a show and earn $$ off the price of the kit!

A very successful Senior Director cleaned a house to earn the $100 needed to start her business. Her story is very inspiring to me.

Lisa

She could get a loan from the bank and easily pay it back with her commission.

Remember to C.A.R.E.!!

Check for Understanding: "It sounds as though you're concerned about the start up cost. Is that right?"

Acknowledge Feelings: "People often wonder if they can earn their investment back quickly enough to justify finding the money to start."

Respond: "The initial investment is small and The Pampered Chef even lets you convert your free product value to cash to cover part of the kit cost. Shall I tell you about that?"

Extend the Invitation Again: "I'll help you make a plan to earn money quickly so that you'll recoup your initial investment right away. Does that ease your mind? (wait for response) Shall we begin your paperwork?"

Keep the ideas coming...I have a lead that can't afford the kit either! She's currently out of work, but would love to do this biz! It's aggravating!! I talked to her just this morning, and asked her about what was lsted above. She told me that I was being rude by asking her to do that! Wow...sorry...I'm just trying to help...

After thinking about this, I thought of what might be a good idea. Give them 4 catalog host packets and tell them to get four people to do cat. shows for them. Sign her up about 4-5 days before midmonth cut off for comission check and have them turn those 4 shows in as soon as she receives her consultant number. If you don't have a starter kit on hand, put your version of pp in her computer. That way in two weeks she'll have a paycheck and she will have earned that money back. Just might be something to think about.

Tiffany,

That is a great idea. I know another consultant in my cluster does that with her low income recruits.

I agree that the best way to get a low-income recruit started is quickly, so they're "floating" the kit money for the shortest possible time. The catalog show idea is a great one!

Don't forget to emphasize, too, that they will earn PC$ to pay for supplies during their first 90 days, so they will pay only for the kit out of pocket.

Ask her:

If right now, there was a Mercedes sitting out front, and I told you that if you came up with $155 it was yours, what would you do to come up with the money? Use whatever her hot button is instead of a Mercedes if she isn't into cars.

People will always come up with the money if the reason is important enough. Remind her that she is not spending $155. She is investing $155 in her and her family's future.

First, make sure YOU don't upfront her the money. Too many consultants have gotten burned...

Wouldn't it be nice if PC offered some type of "loan"? They'd be taking a risk and they'd have to do credit checks, etc. like a regular lending institution, but they could do something like taking a certain amount out of the recruits' monthly commission checks until the kit's paid off (maybe offer options - $100 a month, $50 a month, etc). If the recruit doesn't fulfill her obligation, PC would send her a bill for the remaining amount, and it would be up to PC to collect it. It may deter kitnappers, and would also help getting recruits qualified...

Hmmmmm.....

dianevill said:
Wouldn't it be nice if PC offered some type of "loan"? They'd be taking a risk and they'd have to do credit checks, etc. like a regular lending institution, but they could do something like taking a certain amount out of the recruits' monthly commission checks until the kit's paid off (maybe offer options - $100 a month, $50 a month, etc). If the recruit doesn't fulfill her obligation, PC would send her a bill for the remaining amount, and it would be up to PC to collect it. It may deter kitnappers, and would also help getting recruits qualified...

Hmmmmm.....

I hear another writing campaign starting. I love this idea.

Diane that is a cool idea. Would be a ton of work on PC behalf, but would definately help, as $155 is a lot of money to pretty much everyone I know. Even when I know it is for something good (like PC) it still can be hard when you are broke to put out that much money up front.

Partylite candles actually give kit for "free" but with lots of stipulations of what you have to do in order for it to remain "free" I have a friend who does partylite...

Never mind ~ it wasn't as much as a big deal as I thought. I talked to her today ~ she's got it in savings, just didn't want to touch it. After I told her she would make back the kit cost in the first few shows...maybe even just her first ~ she was fine with it.

She'll be calling me either tomorrow or Friday to get it going ~ yeah!

Also sending another one in tomorrow! My first male on my team ~ yeah! He's going to be REALLY good...he's already talking about wanting to go on the cruise next year...was checking out the trip incentive calculator to see how much he had to do. I told him recruiting is the key..."that's not a problem, I'm in HR and I hire for all the Safeway (grocery stores) in Northern California ~ heck, I've hired over 300 employees in the last 60 days! If I can hire them there...I can't see recruiting a problem for me!"

I love his confidence...a fellow Director (we have our meeting together) said "Ginny, I'm totally jealous...he's going to be GREAT! I want a guy on my team!"

So 2 down...2 more for special recognition at conference!

Ginny

dianevill said:
First, make sure YOU don't upfront her the money. Too many consultants have gotten burned...

Would NEVER think of doing that! Heck NO! I'm not a bank! LOL

Ginny

Kitchen2u said:
She'll be calling me either tomorrow or Friday to get it going ~ yeah! /QUOTE]

Oh forgot...she's going to be signing her daughter under her...get this...she's paying for her daughter's kit! No wonder she was asking me about creative financing...she's going to be forking out over $300! She's a Tupperware consultant...jumping the fence...she does well at it too...$3K a month ~ she'll still do TW, but she's looking for a better market that appeals to everyone and the prices are right. With gladware, rubbermaid, etc., she said sales have gone down drastically...oh, plus the kiosks in the mall and on the shelves at Target, Walmart, etc. She likes the fact PC's not in kiosks and stores...

Me too!!! LOL

Ginny

Ginny, how awesome of a week for you! Congrats!

Ginny, that is great. Congratulations.

Thanks ~ now I'm on a recruiting roll...back in the groove!

Ginny

Oops...forgot...I've got 3 fence sitters coming to our mtg on Monday!

Ginny

woo-hoo Ginny!!! If I had all those fun little smiley faces I'd make them do the cabbage patch for you! :)

Thanks Alison ~ got a chuckle out of your post!

Ginny

Way to go, Ginny!

I'm hoping it rubs off over here! I've had lots of interest lately, but no one signing just yet.

I'm new here but very experienced with a previous home party company.

Here's my take on those who do not have the money to sign up (and some of you may think this is rather harsh but after almost 20 years in direct sales, it's true):

If they don't have the money now, and aren't willing to save it within a couple of weeks, then they will never save the money and they will never be a team member worth having. In the end, they are ALWAYS more work than you bargained for.

We all want to help others, but sometimes our "hearts" lead us into "social work" matters that we're not prepared to handle. Eventually, 99.5% of these potential recruits drain your energy and leave you feeling inadequate. :(

We all have goals to meet and dreams to make. However, it's not worth riding someone else's roller coaster to get there! My advice is to give them the avenues and let them get there on their own steam. Many have the desire but most aren't willing to do the work.

Continue to look for women and men like yourself and you'll do fine! :)

tiffanypc05 said:
After thinking about this, I thought of what might be a good idea. Give them 4 catalog host packets and tell them to get four people to do cat. shows for them. Sign her up about 4-5 days before midmonth cut off for comission check and have them turn those 4 shows in as soon as she receives her consultant number. If you don't have a starter kit on hand, put your version of pp in her computer. That way in two weeks she'll have a paycheck and she will have earned that money back. Just might be something to think about.

Hey Tiffany,

Can you give me some more info about this type of deal? One of my potentials really needs help.

Margie,

I am new on here but I have a suggestion. I have had this objection a lot. This is what I do. I ask them if they have a credit card or know someone that would let them charge the kit. I then tell them if they do 4 shows in their first month I will make up the difference between the commission that they make and the $155.00 that they charged.

This sound great to them and also makes them realize that I am going to be here for them. But if you think about this the absolute most that you would have to pay would be $35.00. 4 shows @ $150.00 @ 20% = $120.00. I have never had anyone submit 4 $150.00 shows. At least a couple of them are higher leaving me owing nothing and the recruits hooked.

I hope this makes sense and I hope it helps. If you need me to explain it better or need more info let me know. GOOD LUCK!!

April

dianevill said:

Hmmmmm.....

I like this idea too. They could do a commission adjustment just like they do with our monthly liability insurance.

1. What is the cost of the Pampered Chef starter kit?

The Pampered Chef starter kit costs $109 plus tax and shipping.

2. Can I make payments for the starter kit?

No, payment for the starter kit must be made in full at the time of purchase.

3. Are there any discounts or promotions available for the starter kit?

Occasionally, there may be discounts or promotions available for the starter kit. Please check with your consultant for current offers.

4. Can I return the starter kit if I can't afford it?

Yes, the starter kit can be returned within 30 days for a full refund, as long as it is in its original condition and packaging.

5. Are there any alternative options for joining Pampered Chef if I can't afford the starter kit?

Yes, there is a Virtual Kit option available for $59 plus tax and shipping. This option allows you to start your Pampered Chef business online without purchasing a physical starter kit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fruit76loop
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • Koolotus