• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top 10 Reasons Not To Become a Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, the conversation highlights the top ten reasons why someone would not want to become a Pampered Chef consultant. These reasons include not wanting to wake up early, dealing with the stress of work and home life, and not having control over one's own schedule and income. The conversation also points out the advantages of being a consultant, such as being your own boss and having a flexible schedule.
debbieskitchenhelper
Gold Member
Here is a list of the top ten reasons that someone should not become a pampered chef consultant. It can be included in your packets.

10. I enjoy getting up at the crack of dawn.

9. My kids enjoy getting out of bed, getting dragged to car half asleep, to be delivered to the babysitter.

8. I want to go to a job and work with energy-draining people.

7. I look forward to my yearly evaluation.

6. I can't wait to see if they beat my dime raise from last year.

5. I just love coming home at 7 or 8 P.M. and facing the laundry, dirty breakfast dishes, and figuring out what to fix for dinner.

4. I just love to work the weekends and mandatory overtime.

3. I just love to give the babysitter half of my paycheck.

2. I love to call into work and tell my boss my child is sick, only to have him
say, "AGAIN?"

1. And the #1 reason I don't want to become a Pampered Chef Consultant is
I look forward to retiring and living on what I can't pay the bills with now!

this is great: it's funny, but then makes me think, oh yeah, those ARE some of the reasons I left my 'regular' job!

I sure wish I would have since this years before I started, I would have started then. This is great. Thanks for sharing.

Top 10 reasons for meHere are my top ten reasons I use:

10. I love snoozing the alarm 5 times and running out the door without breakfast each morning and sleepy kids!!

9. I love purchasing gas 2-3 times a week to get to work, babies to daycare, and kids to school!

8. My family loves eating take-out almost everyday for dinner, including mine and my husband's lunch!

7. I love staying late at the office and having the boss add extra things to my to do list that have nothing to do with work (faxing his personal info to mortgage companies, car dealerships, and purchasing gifts for his friends)!

6. I love having to do all my laundry, vacuuming, dishes, mopping, etc on Saturday evening, my only free time!

5. I love paying for daycare and after school care every week!!

4. I love to save for months to take a vacation when my boss says it's ok, in the middle of summer when amusement parks are packed, traffic is horrible and hotel rates are expensive.

3. I love to harrass my family and friends to watch my children when they are sick because I can't miss work and they are not allowed in daycare or school.

2. I love to work with people who are just as stressed as I am and complain about everything in this world. While they gossip, talk on the phone and don't do their work while taking a two hour lunch!!

1. I don't want to be a PC consultant because I don't want to be my own boss, make my own work schedule and make as much money as I want!!!

From my personal experience in the work force!!

Debbie :D

1. What are the top reasons not to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

1.1. Lack of interest or passion in cooking or kitchen products.

1.2. Insufficient time or availability to dedicate to the business.

1.3. Difficulty in selling products or building a customer base.

1.4. High start-up and ongoing costs, including purchasing a starter kit and attending training events.

1.5. The pressure to constantly meet sales quotas and recruit new consultants.

2. Will I be required to purchase a starter kit as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, a starter kit is required to become a Pampered Chef consultant. The cost of the kit varies depending on the current promotion, but it typically ranges from $99 to $159. The starter kit includes a selection of popular products, business supplies, and training materials to help you get started.

3. Is it possible to make a significant income as a Pampered Chef consultant?

While some Pampered Chef consultants may make a substantial income, it is not guaranteed. Success as a consultant depends on various factors, including your sales skills, time commitment, and ability to build a strong customer base. It is important to have realistic expectations and understand that the income potential may vary for each consultant.

4. Can I sell Pampered Chef products online or only through in-person parties?

Pampered Chef consultants are allowed to sell products online through their personal website, but they are also encouraged to host in-person parties and events as well. Online sales can help reach a larger audience, while in-person parties allow for a more personal and interactive experience for customers.

5. Will I receive any training or support as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, Pampered Chef provides training and support for consultants through various resources, such as online training modules, in-person training events, and a support team. Consultants also have access to a community of other consultants for advice and support. However, it is ultimately up to the individual consultant to take advantage of these resources and actively work towards building their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bbauman07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • Lexif424