• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Earned Directorship and Not Taken It?

In summary, the author suggests that if you are looking to become a director, it is best to accept the offer and not wait until you have a steady number of 5 active recruits. The author also recommends training your recruits from the start to be recruiters so you will not have any trouble if you become a director.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I was wondering...have any of you earned directorship and not accepted it or waited awhile to accept it?

I'm all for recruiting, but I read that if you accept Directorship, fall below the 5 and can't regain it in 3 months (I think that was it)...you lose all your recruits and would have to start back over.

Thinking aloud to myself...what if you get up to 5 then drop below and just can't find anyone...is it better off not to accept directorship until you had 7-8 going strong rather than risk losing them?

Anyone lost directorship and go through this? What are some opinions?

Disclaimer: I have NO recruits...but am all for getting some...

It is much harder to get 5 active at once and earn directorship then to loose it. You can't loose it in the first 3 months and then they give you 3 months before you lose it and 3 more months to get it back so a new director really as 9 months.

Train your recruits from the start to be recruiters and you won't have any worries as long as you keep offering the dream once you promote. When I promoted I started with 10 because several of my 5 also had recruited. Also, work your business consistently. A director should be selling a very minimum of $1250 herself, $2500 is better and $4000 is ideal. If you are consistent your team will use THAT as their model and the minimum sales won't be an issue either.

I would always encourage anyone to accept!

I was a director for a little over 3 years and just last fall lost it. What I had a problem with was over the 3 years at times I had a lot of consultants but only ones that wanted to turn in stuff every other month (just what they had to do to stay active). I had a few going strong and then life happened and then I was back to the ones only doing what they had to to stay active.
I got really tired of calling them every other month to see if they were going to turn in something for that month. I tried to recruit but it just wasn't happening. When you are a director you have to turn in $4000 a month (which can include your sales) and have 5 active recruits at all times. I knew I was going to have to carry most of the $4000 all the time and that wasn't an issue. It was keeping the active consultants.
I finally decide that I enjoyed my business much more when I wasn't a director and decided to just see what happened and if I lost directorship that was ok with me. I stayed a director about 4 months after I made that decision and am now back to being a consultant.
I am having so much more fun with my business again that I know I made the right decision. :) :) :)

If I ever achieve directorship again I will be weighing everything before I accept it.

Something I wanted to mention about the 5- to GET to director you need 5 personally recruited qualified consultants. To STAY director you need 5 people on your team. I think they need to be qualified to count, but don't need to be personally recruited.

Gillian - they either need to be within their first 90 days or qualified and active, so new recruits count!

That is good to know- thanks Kate!

There was a gal in my cluster who achieved it but did not accept it. She is a hobbyist and attracts mostly hobbyists, so she didn't want to risk it.

I think I would like to be really solid before I accepted.
I have recruited 3 so far - One is inactive One should be submitting a waiver? One is active doing her first show on Sunday.

I totally recommend accepting it. After I promoted I went through a little bit of a rough time, but I kept doing everything I knew I needed to do and my team is fairly solid right now.

The benefits of directorship really are great. You will also get home office leads. Someone on my team right now was a home office lead. I have also received over $260.00 in sales this month that were generated through the lead system.

If I ever lose directorship, I always have the option to earn it back.

Lisa

Here is a question..I have a fellow consultant who has 3 qualified recruits..I know she will make a great director but she is afraid of it....thinks it is too hard to maintain. I am not saying it is easy but I think and know and have seen that it can be done. My question is if you have 5 qualified recruits and become a Director and lose your directorship do you lose all of your remaining qualified recruits? This is one of her main reasons for not wanted to take it...
I think she is crazy not to but then again I haven't done it yet either...I have 5 put still need 2 to qualify...just looking for your thoughts..

I totally recommend accepting it. After I promoted I went through a little bit of a rough time, but I kept doing everything I knew I needed to do and my team is fairly solid right now.

The benefits of directorship really are great. You will also get home office leads. Someone on my team right now was a home office lead. I have also received over $260.00 in sales this month that were generated through the lead system.

If I ever lose directorship, I always have the option to earn it back.

Lisa

Actually, a Director in relinquishment just needs to SIGN a new recruit. They do not have to be qualified for a Director to maintain his/her status. :)

pckrissy said:
Here is a question..I have a fellow consultant who has 3 qualified recruits..I know she will make a great director but she is afraid of it....thinks it is too hard to maintain. I am not saying it is easy but I think and know and have seen that it can be done. My question is if you have 5 qualified recruits and become a Director and lose your directorship do you lose all of your remaining qualified recruits? This is one of her main reasons for not wanted to take it...
I think she is crazy not to but then again I haven't done it yet either...I have 5 put still need 2 to qualify...just looking for your thoughts..

It is pretty easy to maintain after you promote. Like Beth said, it's harder to GET Directorship than to keep it.

I'm not sure... I need to check on this, but I *think* that a Director just loses their status if they go under 5 active recruits. It's when a Director goes inactive that he/she loses her downline to his/her Director.

Thanks Laura. I think my friend has a fear of the unknown, I personally feel once you make Director you will make sure you keep it...that's just my view.
Thanks again for your help. Good luck with your recruits qualifying :)

Hah, thanks! :D

My NSED (Darla Oelman) at our Step Up to Director training in February stressed over and over again how much harder it is to ACHIEVE Directorship than to LOSE it. HO gives you lots of wiggle room before you would lose it.

When I first started, I didn't ever want to recruit cuz I was afraid of Directorship, and now I am kicking myself in the butt!

Just wanted to inform, that you do lose you downline when you lose your Directorship, weather your inactive or not. E-1 thats under you will go to your Director if you lose your directorship.

I guess that is my friend's fear. It doesn't seem fair to lose everyone under you but it does seem like they give you enough time to recruit more.
Thanks for clearing that up for me!

If a director submits less than the $200 in 2 months in sales she automatically loses everything because she went inactive but otherwise they give her a ton of time to try to fix it if she goes into relinquishment. If she has one month that she has 5 consultants, $350 personal and $4000 team (including her sales) it would start all over if she dropped down again. But if she does go through the entire cycle and loses her directorship, her downline goes to her upline director and she starts over. BUT (I don't have the business guide here right now) there is something about people who are recruited during the relinquishment cycle staying under her even after losing director. PC does everything they can to help us not lose it as long as we are trying!!!

This is also true of a FD who goes inactive. I had a FD that went inactive and her 2 recruits were reassigned to me. When she reactivated a few months later she did not get them back under her. This was fine with her as she only wants to submit when something is dropped in her lap and is not focusing on keeping up with PC. Staying active enough not to pay again for the kit is enough for her at this point.

I have no desire to be a director. Perhaps if I didn't have to work a full-time job outside of PC, I would consider it. But since I am just a part-timer.....it's never really been one of my goals.

Am I alone here?

hoosierchef said:
I have no desire to be a director. Perhaps if I didn't have to work a full-time job outside of PC, I would consider it. But since I am just a part-timer.....it's never really been one of my goals.

Am I alone here?

You are so not alone!! My desire is just a itty bitty bit!! I have a full time job, and two kids! I would like to get to future director but that is pretty much it. I started PC with the mind set of it being PT. I do love it so much that I hate when I don't have shows! But, I am with you so you aren't alone!

1. What is directorship in Pampered Chef?

Directorship in Pampered Chef is a leadership position within the company's sales force. Directors are responsible for managing and mentoring a team of consultants, as well as meeting sales and recruiting goals.

2. What are the requirements to become a director in Pampered Chef?

To become a director in Pampered Chef, a consultant must have been an active consultant for at least 6 months, have a minimum of $15,000 in personal sales, and have at least 3 active team members. Additionally, they must attend training and complete a leadership application.

3. Can someone decline a directorship offer in Pampered Chef?

Yes, consultants can choose to decline a directorship offer in Pampered Chef if they do not feel ready for the responsibilities or time commitment involved. It is important for consultants to carefully consider their decision and consult with their upline before declining.

4. What happens if someone declines a directorship offer in Pampered Chef?

If a consultant declines a directorship offer, they will remain at their current level and continue to earn commissions and bonuses based on their sales and team's performance. They can also continue to work towards directorship in the future if they choose to.

5. Are there any benefits to becoming a director in Pampered Chef?

Yes, there are several benefits to becoming a director in Pampered Chef. Directors receive higher commission rates, bonuses, and other incentives. They also have the opportunity to attend exclusive training events, network with other directors, and have a greater impact on their team's success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pcheflisad