• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Approaching an Out of the Blue Recruit Lead: Tips and Techniques

In summary, the gas station employees were discussing how they weren't happy working there, and one of them said "This is not a long term job for me". Of course, the author was at the gas station and was eavesdropping, so he didn't know how to approach the employees. The author has this same problem, so he was hoping the workshop on Contacts at the conference would help him. The conference is happening, but the author does not know if he has signed up for the contact workshop.
pcchris
Silver Member
Quick question...how do you approach an "out of the blue" recruit lead? I was at my local gas station this morning and heard 2 of the employees talking about how they weren't happy working there...and one of them saying "This is not a long term job for me". Of course, I didn't have my dvd's with me at the time (SHAME!), but I knew I needed to talk to them about the biz. Well, brain froze, and I didn't know what to say. I have never talked to these people before, except when I'm buying something there...so if you all can help me....what verbage do you use when you approach someone about the biz outside of a show? (And sorry, my question wasn't too quick). Thanks in advance!

I have this same problem I heard some lady the other day say I have 3 more months then I have to figure something out, I just dont know what to say. Some help would be great when you dont have anything but a business card and feel weird saying give me your number.

Also, you have to keep in mind that I was eavesdropping...so now I really don't know how to approach them. (Just an afterthought!)
I was at a restaurant the other day with my dh and there was a guy in there talking to the waitress about how Friday was his wife's last day at work, and she needed to figure out what to do now. The bells went off in my head, but I didn't know how to approach him. This is probably the reason I have no recruits! I need to make a notecard to keep with me...if I can get some ideas! (my sd is not reachable...so I'm asking my virtual cluster for help!)

I am hoping the workshop on Contacts at conference will help with this.

I don't think I signed up for that one, Bummer. Hopefully we'll get some help here soon. Until then, I'll just think about how I can go back and say something to them without sounding like an idiot!! LOL!!!

I am not the best note taker but I am hoping some good note takers will share with us after conference. If I repromote to FD - Excuse me WHEN I repromote to FD I was to take the seminar on Support consultant

Not that I've done this but perhaps....

"Oh, retail is so hard (relate to the people). I know how you feel standing on your feet all day not getting paid enough to pay your bills. I've found something that gives me a lot of flexibility in my time and allows me to work as little or as much as I'm willing to work for. I'd love to tell you more when you aren't at work, could I meet you at the local coffee house in the next few days to chat? My treat."

To the husband, you could say.... "I heard you mention your wife leaving her job this week. Is she looking for a flexible, money-making opportunity? (find out more before assuming things - she could be on disability, having a baby or in deep depression) I'd love to take the time to tell her what I do to help supplement our family income. Could I get your number and call her?"

Open-ended questions. Listening. Honesty.

Ooooooooooo...that's good! I just printed your words...thank you!

that was nice wording ... might have to use that .. i too, have no recruits because i just dont know what to say to people

ok all...UPDATE...I finally talked to my SD last night, and this is what she said I should say to these gas station ladies today (she challenged me to talk to them today): "You know, I couldn't help overhearing you talking yesterday about your job situation. I recently started selling PC, and I love it so much! Can I give you a little bit of information about what I do? IT might be just what you are looking for!" then if they say sure, give them info, get their name and phone number so you can follow up with them. If they say no, then say "okay - but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't offer you this great opportunity"

Of course, I'm always open for more verbage if anyone wants to offer it...thanks!

That sounds great. Let us know how the conversation goes.

What is the best way to approach potential customers?

The best way to approach potential customers is to be confident and genuine. Introduce yourself and your products, and then ask if they would be interested in learning more. It's important to be friendly and not pushy, and to listen to their needs and interests.

How can I effectively engage with customers at a party or event?

To effectively engage with customers at a party or event, it's important to have a clear understanding of your products and their benefits. Make sure to have samples available for customers to try, and be prepared to answer any questions they may have. It's also helpful to share personal stories and experiences to make a personal connection with customers.

What is the best way to follow up with potential customers?

The best way to follow up with potential customers is to ask for their contact information and permission to reach out to them. After the event, send a personalized email or message thanking them for their interest and offering to answer any further questions they may have. It's important to be timely and not too pushy with follow-ups.

How can I overcome objections when approaching customers?

The best way to overcome objections when approaching customers is to listen to their concerns and address them directly. If a customer is hesitant about the price, explain the value and benefits of the product. If they are unsure about the quality, offer to let them try a sample. It's also helpful to share personal experiences or customer reviews to reassure them.

How do I approach customers who seem uninterested?

If a customer seems uninterested, it's important to not take it personally and to respect their decision. Thank them for their time and offer to answer any questions they may have in the future. It's also helpful to leave them with a business card or brochure so they can contact you if they change their mind. Remember to always be friendly and professional, even if the customer is not interested.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Home4Yahweh
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCGINA
  • annew