• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble Doing Follow up Calls - Ahhh

In summary, Kathy is having a lot of success with her business. She has a few potential recruits, a show with one of her bridal clients, and is looking into doing catalog shows.
Kathytnt
I have started doing my follow up calls from the Bridal show - Why does that little devil sit on my should saying that the person just check off yes on everything without reading it. Go away little devil :mad:

I am having trouble because so many put yses I can't remember who I actually gave a DVD too and promised to follow up with on Monday

And I hate when I am not sure how to pronounce the name How the heck do you pronounce Allyn???

Devil be gone!

There you go. Now go make those calls.

You say, "Do you pronouce your name 'Alan'?"

I also like the Zig Ziglar saying that "You can get what you want but helping enough other people get what they want!"

It's a girl I am quite sure but but but

Hey, you're talking to a woman named Rae (pronounced Ray). I've met women with names pronounced Michael, Jim, and Sam. Allyn looks like "Al-lyn" to me.

lol - I have met female Rae's, Michael's and Sam's but no Jim's or Allens's

Yeah, but there's always a first time. Don't let that little devil use this to disuade you from making those calls. Now, stop bantering with me, and pick up that phone.

Yes Ma'am!

That's a good girl. Let us know how those calls go.

Just so you know it is pronounced Allen She is a culinary student but not at home because she is at school and I will be calling her tomorrow during the day.

Good for you for making the calls.

I have so many more but it's after 9 and I don't like to call too late. My next evening calls will be on Thursday. I am tempted to mail out a few DVD's and then follow up later in the week - What do you think?

I put in shows and call people I know are home during the day during my daytime hours. I have to work Tuesday and Wednesday night

I found at least one of the people I gave the DVD's too

See, now doesn't it feel good to know you got that done?

I think sending the DVDs and making a follow-up call is a good idea.

I got a great e-mail today. I had a fundraiser host that had 3 bookings and a friend that is interested in the opportunity. In the same area where the bridal show was. It was one of my calls last night. SHe wanted the kit but not the business. I had told her how few people seemed to be familiar with PC in her area. I was trying to see if she might want to convert her fundraiser to a cooking show and us the host benefits for a kit credit.
She just wanted the kit last night and I told her that we really are not into selling kits. Well she e-mailed me today and told me she would be interested in doing catalog shows rather than cooking shows. I already have one consultant doing that now. So I have another possible recruit in that area and the culinary student in that area also that seems very interested. Not including all the others I need to follow up with.

Things are going crazy - I have one qualified - one newbie with her first show this weekend (firend might sign also) and a few potentials with a few months to conference. Could little ole me actually have director potential???
Kat

You go, girl! Now, if we can just get you over that phone phobia.

Kathy this is great news. Just keep picking up the phone and you'll be a director before you know it.

Oh my gosh

I have a host that is interested in the business if she can do catalog shows. She is getting a kit credit.

Not sure how well this works but I have another consultant on my team doing this primarily already. I have already scheduled a show with one of my bride (ALLYN) who is a culinary student - mentioned earlier in the thread who wants a kit credit. Problem is that my May is swamped so her show isn't until June. She is just too far for a weeknight show

I actually had not planned to schedule any cooking shows other than my HWC event but had a show postponed and a potential bridal shower for someone renewing their vows after 20 years! She is just too far for a weeknight show.

Last edited:
Wow, you go girl! Sounds like your business is really taking off!

That is exciting Kathy, its great to see you feeling more excited.

Yeah - I was going through a rough time a while back - It's just trying to find the balance. I have to find a way to get more organized so that I can easily build my business and not drive my hubby crazy.

1. How do I overcome my fear of making follow up calls?

It can be intimidating to make follow up calls, but one way to overcome your fear is to practice with a friend or colleague. Also, remind yourself of the benefits of follow up calls, such as building relationships with customers and increasing sales. Take a deep breath and just pick up the phone - you'll become more comfortable with practice.

2. What is the best time to make follow up calls?

The best time to make follow up calls is typically during business hours, when your customers are most likely to be available. However, it's important to also consider your specific audience and their schedules. For example, if you sell to busy parents, evenings and weekends may be better for follow up calls.

3. How often should I make follow up calls?

It's important to strike a balance with follow up calls - you don't want to be too pushy, but you also don't want to miss out on potential sales. A good rule of thumb is to make follow up calls about once a week, but adjust based on your customers' responses and needs.

4. What should I say in a follow up call?

When making a follow up call, it's important to have a purpose and a clear message. Thank the customer for their previous purchase or interest, and then offer something of value, such as a new product or promotion. Be friendly, but also be respectful of the customer's time.

5. How do I handle rejection or disinterest during a follow up call?

Rejection or disinterest is a natural part of sales, and it's important to not take it personally. If a customer is not interested, thank them for their time and ask if there is a better time to reach out in the future. Remember, every "no" brings you closer to a "yes" from the right customer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies