• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Taste of Home Entertaining Really Better Than Pampered Chef?

In summary, the person complained about how their consultant lied to get them to sign with their company. They decided to go with another company and the consultant told them that the quality of products was the same as PC. They did not like that the consultant used cheap tactics.
sillylittlechef
I am so irritated with Taste of Home Entertaining. I love some of their products, but their kitchen items are useless IMO. Anyway, I did a taste of home cooking school as a vendor and had a great turnout with tons of people interested in products, hosting, and the opportunity. I had been speaking with this guy about the business. He was so into it. I called last night just to check in and see if he was going to sign this week online or needed me to mail him an agreement. (he was alittle weary of signing online) When I called he acted like he hadn't been discussing this with me for two weeks and that I was bothering him. Then he just blurts out. I decided to go with TOH Entertaining because they have all the same stuff as PC and tons more like candles and home decor and recipe books--and get this--he says, and the TOH lady told me that their mandoline is just like PC's but 1/3 of the price! he said he couldn't sell for a company that sold things at such high prices when there are other companies with the same quality (Mandoline) for much cheaper. I told him that I have seen their mandoline and yes it does have interchangeable blades, but there are no safety features, and much smaller in size. (I am not sure about quality, but I can guess that for $22 you are probably going to have to buy a new one next year or slice food with a knife.) He totally acted like I was lying and basically said goodye!

TOH Entertaining has been really pushing the idea of new company get in on the ground floor backed by reader digest and blah blah blah! It's really hard to make PC sound better to people who really aren't informed about quality of product. (BTW, I do think TOH cookbooks and home decor items and serving pieces are great! I just don't think they have quality kitchen products.)
Okay. just needed to vent. I get really irritated when other DS lie about our products to get a recruit.
Thanks for letting me get it out.

If someone is going to fall for a line like that, you just have to bless and release! So sorry that it happened for you though!

He will find out soon enough that the quality isn't there!

And I read somewhere that Reader's Digest has already unloaded TOHE! Must not have been wildly successful, if they sold it so quickly!

No problem. In a few months he'll understand why he should have signed with PC.

My sister went to a Lia Sophia show over the weekend and as the consultant was talking about her business she said something about how LS was so much better than Pampered Chef b/c she didn't have to carry all those heavy things! :eek: I carry two bags, thankyouverymuch!

I don't go into a show and compare PC to any other DS company. I just think it makes the consultant look "sleezy" Like a used car salesman. Using cheap tactics to get you to buy into it. I think informing about our company and tools is the only way to get recruits that last. I just wish other DS people would follow this same way of thinking.
Now, if someone asks me directly of what I think of this company or that company I will tell them, but I don't lie and say our products are the same if they aren't. What is really irritating is that this person might do horribly with TOHE, but assume that it is just DS in general that don't work out for him. Then He loses out on an opportunity because this consultant lied about PC
oh well. I hope he gets out of it what he is looking for.

Well, with an attitude like that, you don't need him on your team anyhow. Bless and release.

1. How can I alleviate my irritation with Toh?

To alleviate your irritation with Toh, it is important to first identify the root cause of your irritation. Is it a specific behavior or action that Toh is doing? Once you have identified the cause, you can communicate your feelings calmly and directly to Toh. It may also be helpful to set boundaries and establish clear expectations for your interactions with Toh.

2. Is there a way to avoid getting irritated with Toh?

While it may not be possible to completely avoid getting irritated with someone, there are some steps you can take to minimize the chances. For example, try to understand Toh's perspective and motivations, practice patience and empathy, and focus on the positive aspects of your relationship with Toh.

3. How can I maintain a professional relationship with Toh despite my irritation?

Maintaining a professional relationship with someone you are irritated with can be challenging, but it is possible. It is important to set aside your personal feelings and focus on the task at hand. Use clear and respectful communication, and try to find common ground or a shared goal to work towards.

4. What should I do if my irritation with Toh is affecting my work?

If your irritation with Toh is starting to affect your work, it is important to address the issue as soon as possible. Schedule a meeting with Toh to discuss your concerns and try to find a solution together. If necessary, involve a manager or HR representative to mediate the conversation.

5. Are there any tools or resources that can help me manage my irritation with Toh?

Yes, there are various tools and resources that can help you manage your irritation with Toh. For example, you can try practicing stress-relieving techniques like deep breathing or mindfulness, seeking support from a therapist or counselor, or using conflict resolution strategies to address any issues that may be causing your irritation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jessamary
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • AMTC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • Get_Pampered