• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Direct Sales Success: Tips for Mary Kay Consultants and Beyond

In summary, the Mary Kary rule is just a guideline and not a law. Other tips to tell her what is so great about PC include explaining the employee discount, incentives and the catalog.
beepampered
Have an interested lady who is also a Mary Kay rep (for the products - never made any money). She thinks that she can't sell products for another direct sales company. I thought perhaps it was just competing companies that sell similar products like Arbonne. I can't think Pampered Chef would be included. Thoughts on the Mary Kary rule and other tips to tell her what is so great about PC? Thanks.

It depends on her company. When you promote to Director in PC, you sign a contract saying you will not be a rep for other direct sales companies. Tell her to ask her upline or to call MK HO. An other idea would be for her friend or husband to sign and she would work with him or her. As long as the signed PC consultant is present at all shows, the insurance will cover any problems.

beepampered said:
Have an interested lady who is also a Mary Kay rep (for the products - never made any money). She thinks that she can't sell products for another direct sales company. I thought perhaps it was just competing companies that sell similar products like Arbonne. I can't think Pampered Chef would be included. Thoughts on the Mary Kary rule and other tips to tell her what is so great about PC? Thanks.

Bee,

I sold MK AND PC at the same time for 6 months. As far a I know there was no rule against me selling one with the other. I will say that I don't sell MK anymore. My area was saturated with consultants and I struggled to find customers. PC has worked out much better for me. I have NEVER met a single person that doesn't like PC products, however I did run into "I'm allergic to Mary Kay products" a lot. If she can do both, that's great.

A gal who is an MK Director just signed with TPC in our cluster and she said there was no conflict of interest when someone asked about that.

I actually am a consultant for Pampered Chef, Mary Kay and Pure Romance. I have read the fine lines and you can be a part of other direct selling companies. But as the previous post mentions once you become a Director is when you have to stop doing all but that one you are a Director in. But just being a consultant makes all the different direct selling companies free game.

I am currently pulling out of Mary Kay as I to have had difficulty getting new customers and Im not seeing the profit I thought would be there. Definately, Pampered Chef and Pure Romance have been my big sellers and once I get out of MK I can concentrate on the other two.

But once she starts selling our stuff she will see how much easier and more profitable it is and might get out of MK altogether (unless of course she has a huge client base so far)! Good luck to her in any direction she takes!

Thanks for the answers. I think if she made money with PC, then she would drop MK. She has a lot of recent medical bills and is traveling next month to a special hospital to see if she has cancer. If she doesn't, then PC might be an option. Thanks....

cmdtrgd said:
An other idea would be for her friend or husband to sign and she would work with him or her. As long as the signed PC consultant is present at all shows, the insurance will cover any problems.
Not true. Our insurance only covers the consultant. If her "helper" did something that would require an adjustment it would not be covered. And if her friend signed she would get the paycheck which would complicate taxes.

beepampered said:

My Arbonne consultant just joined my team ~ she was spending $200+ every month on products from me. I just explained the employee discount and the incentives. She plans to stay "active" only every month. Me thinks she will get the bug after she starts sharing the catalog and sees how easy it is to sell a product that people don't feel guilty spending money on... hee hee

1. How can I increase my sales as a Mary Kay consultant?

To increase your sales as a Mary Kay consultant, it's important to focus on building relationships with your customers. This means providing excellent customer service, following up with potential customers, and offering personalized recommendations based on their needs. Hosting parties, attending networking events, and utilizing social media can also help expand your customer base.

2. What are some effective ways to manage my time as a direct sales consultant?

Time management is crucial for success in direct sales. One helpful tip is to create a schedule or daily to-do list, prioritizing tasks that will help move your business forward. It's also important to set aside specific times for marketing, customer follow-ups, and administrative tasks. Outsourcing or delegating tasks can also help free up your time for more important activities.

3. How can I stand out from other direct sales consultants?

To stand out from other direct sales consultants, it's important to find your unique selling point. This could be your knowledge and passion for the products, your exceptional customer service, or your ability to offer personalized recommendations. Building a strong personal brand and consistently delivering high-quality service can also help differentiate you from others in the market.

4. What are some effective ways to build a strong team as a direct sales consultant?

Building a strong team as a direct sales consultant requires effective leadership and communication skills. This includes setting clear expectations, providing support and training, and recognizing and rewarding your team's achievements. It's also important to foster a positive and inclusive team culture and encourage collaboration and mutual support among team members.

5. How can I maintain motivation and avoid burnout as a direct sales consultant?

Motivation and avoiding burnout in direct sales can be challenging, but there are strategies you can use to stay motivated and energized. Setting realistic goals and celebrating successes, taking breaks and practicing self-care, and surrounding yourself with a supportive community can all help prevent burnout. It's also important to regularly remind yourself of your why and the reasons you started your direct sales business in the first place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • indypamperedchef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperYourKitchen
  • PamperedchefDaly