• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Say to a Host That.... Sure Has Potential!

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on how to encourage a potential host who is also a chef to become a consultant for their company. The potential host has shown a lot of enthusiasm and potential during previous parties and has even come up with creative ideas for an upcoming Cinco de Mayo themed show. However, she has previously been a consultant for another company and did not enjoy the pressure to push people to make sales. The speaker is looking for ways to convince her that she has great potential and could make a lot of money just by being herself. The speaker also shares a successful idea for a pinata filled with products as a party activity.
hmolah
I need some advice from some seasoned recruiters. I have a host that is booked for May 5 and that was a booking from my last show in March. A little background: This May host (who obviously attended the March show) was awesome. At the March show, I thought she was the host, instead of the actual host! When I arrived a few of the March host's guests were already there (her family) and when I announced that I was going to use/need volunteers for my demo, this May host immediately volunteered. In fact, throughout the enitre March show, my May host was my side-kick! She helped me clean up as I went, she would blurt out tips and tricks and she had so many wonderful secondary ideas for our products. There was a time that I wondered if she was the consultant or I? (Not in a bad way at all!)

Well, as the show progressed, she shared that she was a chef. She loves cooking and just loves PC products. In fact when I was demoing the Forged Cutlery, she insisted on being my guinea pig. She oooed and awed over the knives, and gave scientific explanation as to how our knives were better than anything she'd ever used!

So, back to the original point...as I was closing up the show and doing my 4-Pile system, I of coursed pointed out her uncanny ability to do this! I thought and still think she's crazy not to be a consultant. I have done this going on 3 years, and I feel like I learned more from her than she did from me! Here's the catch: she doesn't want to sign. :rolleyes: She had been a Party Lite consultant before and she (the details are fuzzy) but didn't do well with it. She didn't like having to 'push' people (as she put it) to do shows, and make cold calls and follow-ups, etc.

Now, she's having a Cinco de Mayo themed show and she contacted me today with wonderful ideas for the show. Example: she wants to have a pinata filled with cheap little PC things and candy. (Citrus peelers, quickcuts, scrapers, etc) I thought it was an excellent idea! She wants all of the guests to have an opportunity to bust the pinata! AND she wanted to make sure that she got at least 30-35 invitation cards! :eek: :eek: Now, technically they are supposed to try to invite 40, but generally my hosts are lucky to come up with 20+. She mentioned she wanted to over-invite so she would have a great outcome and get lots of bookings and catalog orders! :eek:

My big question is, when I meet with her on Sunday to do her first host coaching, how can I encourage her to entertain the idea of becoming a consultant? To me she screams POTENTIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you think???

I know this is long-winded and I'm sorry, but I wanted to share all of the poignant details! I think she could be better at this than I! I just think she is a natural. I want to make this about her, just because I think she is CRAZY not to do it. She'd make so much $$...just being herself!

Suggestions? Ideas?? Wisdom?? What do you think of her??

THANKS!

Wow!! She would be an awesome consultant, and I'm going to "steal" her idea with the pinata for my May 4 party!!

I've done Cinco De Mayo parties before with a pinata (they were all a success except for the yera it poured and the hosts husband tied it to their ceiling fan.
I filled it with, SB (old and current) the pan scrapers, citrus peelers, Quickcut knives wrapped in bubble wrap, recipes, i-slices, tea bags in snack bags & spice samples when they were available and of course candy and confetti.

hmolah said:
I need some advice from some seasoned recruiters. I have a host that is booked for May 5 and that was a booking from my last show in March. A little background: This May host (who obviously attended the March show) was awesome. At the March show, I thought she was the host, instead of the actual host! When I arrived a few of the March host's guests were already there (her family) and when I announced that I was going to use/need volunteers for my demo, this May host immediately volunteered. In fact, throughout the enitre March show, my May host was my side-kick! She helped me clean up as I went, she would blurt out tips and tricks and she had so many wonderful secondary ideas for our products. There was a time that I wondered if she was the consultant or I? (Not in a bad way at all!)

Well, as the show progressed, she shared that she was a chef. She loves cooking and just loves PC products. In fact when I was demoing the Forged Cutlery, she insisted on being my guinea pig. She oooed and awed over the knives, and gave scientific explanation as to how our knives were better than anything she'd ever used!

So, back to the original point...as I was closing up the show and doing my 4-Pile system, I of coursed pointed out her uncanny ability to do this! I thought and still think she's crazy not to be a consultant. I have done this going on 3 years, and I feel like I learned more from her than she did from me! Here's the catch: she doesn't want to sign. :rolleyes: She had been a Party Lite consultant before and she (the details are fuzzy) but didn't do well with it. She didn't like having to 'push' people (as she put it) to do shows, and make cold calls and follow-ups, etc.

Now, she's having a Cinco de Mayo themed show and she contacted me today with wonderful ideas for the show. Example: she wants to have a pinata filled with cheap little PC things and candy. (Citrus peelers, quickcuts, scrapers, etc) I thought it was an excellent idea! She wants all of the guests to have an opportunity to bust the pinata! AND she wanted to make sure that she got at least 30-35 invitation cards! :eek: :eek: Now, technically they are supposed to try to invite 40, but generally my hosts are lucky to come up with 20+. She mentioned she wanted to over-invite so she would have a great outcome and get lots of bookings and catalog orders! :eek:

My big question is, when I meet with her on Sunday to do her first host coaching, how can I encourage her to entertain the idea of becoming a consultant? To me she screams POTENTIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you think???

I know this is long-winded and I'm sorry, but I wanted to share all of the poignant details! I think she could be better at this than I! I just think she is a natural. I want to make this about her, just because I think she is CRAZY not to do it. She'd make so much $$...just being herself!

Suggestions? Ideas?? Wisdom?? What do you think of her??

THANKS!

Send this (see attached) with a copy of the Empowering Women magazine. Tell her, you know she said she doesn't want to do PC, but to hear you out. If you use her show as a potential launching, you can ask who in the room might like to host a show for the host who is *thinking* about it ~ and to please invite as many people that the host doesn't know (co-workers, neighbors, their friends/family & to really encourage each of them to bring a guest). Remind her of the $20-40 kit credit and that she has the low minumum. Everyone cooks or eats. Kitchen Tools are not a "luxury" item people feel guilty about buying.

What is your my 4-Pile system?

Good luck!

Last edited:
Teresa Lynn said:
I've done Cinco De Mayo parties before with a pinata (they were all a success except for the yera it poured and the hosts husband tied it to their ceiling fan.
I filled it with, SB (old and current) the pan scrapers, citrus peelers, Quickcut knives wrapped in bubble wrap, recipes, i-slices, tea bags in snack bags & spice samples when they were available and of course candy and confetti.

Wasn't it expensive?

its_me_susan said:
Send this (see attached) with a copy of the Empowering Women magazine. Tell her, you know she said she doesn't want to do PC, but to hear you out. If you use her show as a potential launching, you can ask who in the room might like to host a show for the host who is *thinking* about it ~ and to please invite as many people that the host doesn't know (co-workers, neighbors, their friends/family & to really encourage each of them to bring a guest). Remind her of the $20-40 kit credit and that she has the low minumum. Everyone cooks or eats. Kitchen Tools are not a "luxury" item people feel guilty about buying.

What is your my 4-Pile system?

Good luck!

Susan, thanks for that file. It's going in the mail tomorrow to a potential who has been sitting on the fence!!;)

Heather,
I remember when my director did my show and I flat out told her "no." I didn't want anything to do with direct sales since I did direct sales before and I hated that I couldn't get bookings. Plus, nobody ever heard of the company.

After I got my $115 worth of free products, I was like "these products are cool. I could enjoy cooking and baking in my kitchen" and I signed about 3 weeks after my show. I never knew that you could get a kit credit as it was never spoken to me during host coaching.

So, just ask her and maybe ask her to watch the new "your life, your way" DVD.

You never know.

I've been with the company for a year.

Good luck and let us know if she signs :)

I would share with her honestly what you shared with us... that you can see she knows her way around a kitchen, that she can demo the tools comfortably and naturally as she did at your other show, and that she has a people personality that is a natural fit for PC. Most importantly she loves the products. I would try and listen to what her objections are and try and explain how PC would still work for her. The partylite thing... totally different animal. I've never been to one of those shows but how many candles can one person buy? PC customers are repeat customers, and everyone has to eat. Definitely share the kit credit and the other recruiting materials (dvd/mag) that you have, and that any bookings from her show will be hers. Good luck! And even if she doesn't sign, you never know what will happen in the future, or maybe she'll just be an awesome twice a year host for you!

hmolah said:
...as I was closing up the show and doing my 4-Pile system...

What is the 4-pile system??

What to Say to a Host That Sure Has Potential!

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you may encounter hosts who have the potential to host a successful party but may need some encouragement or guidance. Here are the top 5 frequently asked questions about what to say to a potential host:

1. What should I say to a host who seems hesitant about hosting a party?

It's completely normal for a potential host to feel hesitant or unsure about hosting a party. You can start by asking them what their concerns or reservations are and addressing them one by one. You can also share success stories of other hosts who were initially hesitant but ended up having a fantastic party.

2. How can I convince a potential host to host a party?

Instead of trying to convince them, focus on educating the potential host about the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party. Share how they can earn free and discounted products, learn new recipes and cooking techniques, and have a fun and relaxing time with their friends and family.

3. What can I do to help a potential host feel more confident about hosting?

One effective way to help a potential host feel more confident is by offering to co-host the party with them. This way, they won't feel like they have to do everything on their own, and you can provide support and guidance throughout the planning process.

4. How should I respond if a potential host says they don't know enough people to invite?

Assure the potential host that they don't need to have a large network of people to invite. Remind them that the party is a casual and fun event, and they can invite anyone from their close friends and family to colleagues and neighbors. You can also offer to help them brainstorm a list of potential guests.

5. Should I offer any incentives to a potential host to encourage them to book a party?

Incentives can be a great way to motivate a potential host to book a party, but it's essential to be cautious not to make it seem like a sales pitch. Instead, offer genuine and helpful incentives, such as a free product with a certain amount of party sales or a discount on their first order as a host. Make sure to also emphasize the fun and benefits of hosting a party, rather than just the incentives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SonyaVerrillo
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • babywings76
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • byrd1956