• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Recruiting Obstacles: Practical Strategies for Confidence and Success

In summary, the obstacle is people saying no. People need to be more confident in asking people to take a closer look at the opportunity.
xoangelaxo
Poll: What is your biggest obstacle in recruiting? Is it fear of rejection? Is it fear of "offending" someone by offering them the opportunity? Not knowing how to overcome objections? Please be specific.

What do YOU think would help you to feel more confident in this area?

I honestly don't feel I have any trouble in any of those areas. My biggest obstacle is people saying no.What would help is meeting people who are at least willing to consider the idea.

xoangelaxo said:
Poll: What is your biggest obstacle in recruiting? Is it fear of rejection? Is it fear of "offending" someone by offering them the opportunity? Not knowing how to overcome objections? Please be specific.

What do YOU think would help you to feel more confident in this area?

I think all the above. I don't want anyone to think I am pushy or always talking about Pampered Chef. But, I do ALWAYS talk about PC!! I'm really bad with overcoming objections, when someone has an objection, I freeze & have no idea what to say. Then, as soon as I hang up/end the conversation, I think "man, I should have said......." Does anyone have an objection sheet with answers for recruiting?? I think I really need to become comfortable with offering the opportunity to EVERYONE, and not prejudge!! ;)

I think my biggest challenge is prejudging. I always tend to think, they're too busy or they would never do this. I need to just ask, no matter what! Heck, if my recruited prejudged me she would have never asked me (I just moved here like 3 weeks before I booked my show!) and look what PC has done to my life. Man, this was like a little therapy session for myself just now... keep these questions coming Angela and maybe I'll even get myself over my fear of the phone :)

I completely agree with you Alison. In every aspect. I need to get serious about my business and ask everyone. I guess the fear of rejection is part of it, and I am not really a phone person. Ahh! I have no recruits, but honestly I havent really been tryiyng. (Lots of stress going on).

I have no problems talking about how much I love PC but my problem is Just asking them to take a closer look at the oppt. I guess I'm waiting for them to come to me when it should be the other way around. In my 1.5 years of doing this I have only had 10-12 maybe leads and sent info but nothing has ever come of them! (Again waiting for them to come to me approach) not working for me obviously. I need to just ask everyone and maybe it will start happening for me???

MYSELF!! I can't follow-up like I should. I have a problem with getting from a Maybe to a Yes. I wonder if it is my answers to the questions. I'm not sure. I gotta make it this year! National Conference is it!! I need to recruit and qualify 3-4 gals to make it. Right now I have 2 potentials. We'll see what happens!

I have no problem discussing my story and the opportunity with everyone at every show...my biggest obstacle is closing the deal. I have 3 people right now I have been talking to (2 since Aug of last year) and still no committment. UGGG

While we are on the subject.... Does anyone have the flyer from Leadership from the 'getting to yes' recruiting workshop. It was a CARE program flyer and had 4 main key parts like this:

C = Check your understanding
A = Acknowledge their feelings
R = Respond with clarifying questions
E = Extend another invitation

If you don't have one to post, do you know where we could find one?

I heard the directors were supposed to get one, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks so much for you time and help.

genburk said:
While we are on the subject.... Does anyone have the flyer from Leadership from the 'getting to yes' recruiting workshop. It was a CARE program flyer and had 4 main key parts like this:

C = Check your understanding
A = Acknowledge their feelings
R = Respond with clarifying questions
E = Extend another invitation

If you don't have one to post, do you know where we could find one?

I heard the directors were supposed to get one, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks so much for you time and help.

That was in Responding to Objections. I was underwhelmed by the workshop at Leadership. Take the teleclass and you'll basically get the same info. YOu can find the Responding to Objections worksheet behind CC.

Anybody have anything to say to hosts that are consultants for another company? I've had a few of those and never even ask because I always assume they are already in xxx, so why would they do PC...

GourmetGirl said:
Anybody have anything to say to hosts that are consultants for another company? I've had a few of those and never even ask because I always assume they are already in xxx, so why would they do PC...

I'm a former MK consultant, so I can compare the two business opportunities really quickly for this situation. If we familiarize ourselves with our competition, we can be better prepared for these situations, which comes up a lot where I live.

The key is to not SELL the opportunity. When you're "real" and authentic with your enthusiasm, people are going to naturally be curious about it. Human beings have an innate need to belong to something cool and tend to seek it out without really knowing they are seeking.

I like to let the consultants I encounter talk about their business extensively; I express a sincere interest in all the details... what they love about it, what they think is challenging, etc. This is how I familiarize myself with their business --- that way, I can pick the PC contrasts that may sound more appealing to them. I talk to them very matter-of-factly. NEVER revealing anything that frustrates me about my business. You will find that after letting them talk about their business for an extended period of time, truths come out about their frustrations. It's a great time to plug PC.

Angela

pkd09 said:
I have no problem discussing my story and the opportunity with everyone at every show...my biggest obstacle is closing the deal. I have 3 people right now I have been talking to (2 since Aug of last year) and still no committment. UGGG

Did you come right out and ask them if they wanted to *TRY* PC? "I'm thinking about it" is avoidance. When you use the word "try", it's less intimidating, and leaves them an out if it doesn't work for them.

Keep layering them... no pushing... just gentle reminders about the business, know what I mean?

xo

heat123 said:
I have no problems talking about how much I love PC but my problem is Just asking them to take a closer look at the oppt. I guess I'm waiting for them to come to me when it should be the other way around. In my 1.5 years of doing this I have only had 10-12 maybe leads and sent info but nothing has ever come of them! (Again waiting for them to come to me approach) not working for me obviously. I need to just ask everyone and maybe it will start happening for me???

For me, every hostess hears the opportunity prior to the show, and depending on the situation, I may give her a little gift just for listening. I present the business plan in a very non-chalant way and I like to start off this way:

"Suzie, thanks for hosting this kitchen show! I have just a little bit of information to share with you before we get started. Now, I realize that TPC isn't for everyone, and that's OK. As I share with you information about my business, just listen to all the facts so that you can know for SURE if TPC is for you or not. Again, if it's not for you, I won't be offended ((((smile)))). " NOTE: Don't ask for a decision at this point.

This helps them take their guard down so they will actually HEAR what you are saying to them about the opportunity. No prejudging... just listening to the facts so they can make an informed decision.

Then, they can watch what you do at the show... AFTER the show, follow up with her while you're cleaning up (very low pressure, inconspicuous):

"So, Suzie, what did you think about tonight? Is this something you could see yourself doing?"...

Depending on her answer, you can go from there. Hope this helps with your follow up. It's just an easy way to work in the business while you have a captive audience :)

xo

I'm with Rae... I have no problems offering the opportunity (I mean, I see what a great company it is and what it has done for so many people - who WOULDN'T want to try it??). My biggest obstacle is getting people to actually SIGN - even the ones who say yes!!

I suppose keeping them bound and gagged (with one hand free to sign with, of course) until they actually sign the agreement would be frowned upon. Huh?

My biggest problem is getting from well, maybe to yes, sign me up! I need the words to be put into my brain at exactly the moment people say hmm I don't know, because I forget everything and have total brain lockout! Then I just sound like a bumbling idiot and people just walk away at that point.

What Is Your Obstacle?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you may encounter questions from customers about obstacles they may face while using our products. Here are the top five frequently asked questions about "What Is Your Obstacle?" and their answers:

1. What if my pan sticks while using it?

If you are experiencing sticking while using our cookware, it is likely due to not properly preheating the pan or using enough oil or butter. We recommend preheating the pan on medium heat for a few minutes before adding your ingredients. Also, make sure to use enough oil or butter to create a barrier between the food and the pan.

2. How do I prevent my food from burning in the oven?

To prevent burning, make sure to use the correct temperature and cooking time as stated in the recipe. You can also try using our non-stick baking mats or lining the pan with parchment paper to create a barrier between the food and the pan.

3. What is the best way to clean my non-stick cookware?

We recommend hand washing your non-stick cookware with warm soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh scrubbers or cleaners, as they can damage the non-stick coating. If any stubborn food residue remains, you can soak the pan in warm soapy water for a few minutes before washing.

4. How can I prevent my knives from becoming dull?

To keep your knives sharp, always use a cutting board made of wood or plastic. Avoid cutting on hard surfaces like stone or metal, as they can dull the blade. Make sure to also hand wash and dry your knives after each use, as putting them in the dishwasher can cause damage.

5. Can I use my Pampered Chef products in the microwave?

Our cookware and bakeware are not recommended for use in the microwave. However, many of our stoneware products can be used in the oven, microwave, and even the grill. Always refer to the product instructions for specific guidelines on use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeaLorene
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies