• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for a Job Fair: Ideas & Must-Haves

If anything they will think of you and maybe host a show if they are serious. Good luck! If you have some sort of board, I've been putting the postcards PC has been sending with the different types of consultants (sahm, full-time worker, retiree). This shows that it can fit into different lives. Also, I like to put something like...Don't cook? Don't know enough people? Not a salesperson? That makes two of us! Something like that. I know I've stated it better, but it kind of answers some of the concerns in a non-threatening way.I've always thought of doing Job F
TammyJo
I am seting up at a job fair tomorrow and would like some ideas. I am planning on taking SSKit-Quick Start Box-Opportunity Brochures-Your Life Your Way DVD's-Laptop to play DVD.

Does anyone have any ideas???:confused:

Do you have any trip incentive photos? Display those with pride!

I use a sign up sheetIt seems to make the people at a job fair more comfortable with giving me my information. I'm not sure why...maybe it seems more "official".

I keep the table simple, with only a few products (usually a couple of my favorite new products). I buy fabric in the season's colors from Wal-Mart (can usually find suitable fabric for $1 a yard). It looks nice, but isn't cluttered.

I have packets already made, and make telephone appointments to follow up.

I am not a recruiting star, by any means, but some of my best recruits have come from job fairs. I have also built my customer base with these.

HTH...good luck!

Attachments

34.5 KB · Views: 399
Great idea
TammyJo said:
I am seting up at a job fair tomorrow and would like some ideas. I am planning on taking SSKit-Quick Start Box-Opportunity Brochures-Your Life Your Way DVD's-Laptop to play DVD.

Does anyone have any ideas???:confused:

Wow what a great opportunity. Let us know how it turns out, I would love to do this.
As for ideas I think what you have listed so far is great.

I know this is a job fair so maybe you could offer to have them join you while on the "job" to see what it is you do and how easy and fun it is.
I would definitely do an open house sometime soon after this as a training type of show. But also at the same time inviting friends, family, neighbors, etc to introduce the new products.
You could have these people attend after they give you their info and maybe after seeing the show will want to do it themselves. Plus you could get some orders to earn your FREE stuff.
Don't forget to take booking flyers and catalogs (old ones work great). You never know, you might book some shows. Also take your calendar to maybe set up some specific times to meet with these ladies over coffee or at their home to better discuss the opportunity in detail if they are really ready to sign up.

Debbie :D

Excellent ideas. Would love to know how it pans out. Good luck!

Thanks for the ideas, I'll let you know how it turns out. I forgot about the old catalogs and my calendar so thanks for the reminder.

If you have some sort of board, I've been putting the postcards PC has been sending with the different types of consultants (sahm, full-time worker, retiree). This shows that it can fit into different lives. Also, I like to put something like...Don't cook? Don't know enough people? Not a salesperson? That makes two of us! Something like that. I know I've stated it better, but it kind of answers some of the concerns in a non-threatening way.Good luck! I've always thought of doing Job Fairs, but wasn't sure if it REALLY made sense? Sounds like it does ;-)

Well, I done my job fair today and it wasn't very good. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay to set up. Not very many people came but I did talk to a few ladies about the PC opportunity and will follow up in a few days. I may get a few shows out of it but not sure yet. Not worth the day that I took off from my full time job to set up. Oh well, live and learn.:(

TammyJo said:
Well, I done my job fair today and it wasn't very good. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay to set up. Not very many people came but I did talk to a few ladies about the PC opportunity and will follow up in a few days. I may get a few shows out of it but not sure yet. Not worth the day that I took off from my full time job to set up. Oh well, live and learn.:(

Sorry it didn't pan out like you thought it might but at least you didn't have to pay to set up. It got you out to talk to some people that "may" be interested and if anything it was a good learning experience of what a job fair day would be like. This can help you in the future and you can make notes of what you liked about your day and what you felt didn't.

Do follow up with your leads and see where they lead. You got your name out there so if anything they will think of you and maybe host a show if they don't sign on.

Thanks for sharing your day with us. Maybe the next fair you do will be better too!

1. What should I wear to a job fair?

It's important to dress professionally for a job fair. This means wearing business attire such as a suit or dress pants and a collared shirt. Make sure your clothes are clean and wrinkle-free, and avoid wearing anything too flashy or revealing.

2. Should I bring copies of my resume to a job fair?

Yes, it's always a good idea to bring multiple copies of your resume to a job fair. This way you can hand them out to potential employers and have extras in case you meet with multiple companies.

3. What other materials should I bring to a job fair?

In addition to your resume, it's a good idea to also bring a notepad and pen to take notes during conversations with employers. You may also want to bring business cards with your contact information to hand out to employers.

4. How should I prepare for a job fair?

Before the job fair, research the companies that will be in attendance and create a list of the ones you are interested in. Practice your elevator pitch and have a clear idea of what types of positions you are looking for. Also, make sure to get a good night's sleep and eat a healthy breakfast to be energized for the event.

5. What are some must-haves for a successful job fair?

Some essential items to bring to a job fair include a professional-looking folder or portfolio to hold your resumes and other materials, breath mints or gum, and a positive attitude. It's also important to have a clear understanding of your skills and experience and be able to articulate them to potential employers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jamiervin1979
  • ChefChris
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies