• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pleasant Surprise & a Question

In summary, Kathy is trying to set up a co-host for her friend who is interested in the business, but is not sure how to go about it. She is using PP/P3 to book the shows. Once the friend signs up as a consultant, she will lose the booking benefits.
Kathytnt
I did a show last Tuesday for a lady that I met at a Bridal show. One of her friends had indicated that she was interested in the business on her draw slip. As always in my hostess packet I put the DVD and brochure and I had given the guest this info also.
I went by to pick up her outside orders and figure out her host benefits from the show and we are chatting at the table and she starts talking about being interested in the business. She has a wedding to pay for. I explained to her about the kit credit she is eligible to use as a host. She has chosen to use the $40 credit and she has least two friends including the friend who indicated she was interested in being a consultant that want to book shows as early as May.
I am not sure how to handle the bookings. Since the host isn't actually signed do I still put them under my name but still give her the bookings for when her business gets started? I mean of course I am giving her the bookings for her business but just in case she cahanges her mind or signs later. She will lose the booking benefit of getting the host special for the month of the show is she is doing the show as their consultant right???

One of my sister's friends at her show indicated she was interested in the business too - I may be back to future director soon - Keep your fingers crossed
After trying to focus my business a little and chilling out and going in all directions things seem to be happening. I wasn't sure about going to conference but with an active team I think it is important to set an example. I was hoping to recruit someone else before we got the conference info and that may happen

Last edited:
Wow that is terrific. I am not sure how you would handle that one though. Would the friends be under you or under your new recruit?

Woo Hoo! Congrats on a great party, Kathy! Obviously your love of what you are doing showed thru!

The bookings go on the party as normal. When she signs, she will do the parties (if she wants??). Yes, she will lose the host bonus benefits. Was there a cohost? If so, they can use the host bonus at future shows.

Keep doing what you are doing, and you may be WALKING at conference :D

chefkristin said:
Wow that is terrific. I am not sure how you would handle that one though. Would the friends be under you or under your new recruit?

The friends are HER recruits, but YOUR first line consultants until she becomes a director.

Brenda (host) definately wants to sign. I havne't been able to talk to Amy (guest) much yet but she might be more interested in the kit than the biz but we will see. I am trying to get both ladies to our cluster meeting next week as well as my sister's friend. My sister's friend is also a neighbor and Avon lady.

The thing is now that I am not putting pressure on myself to become a diretor or be a future again I am more relaxed and enjoying my shows more.

That is great Kathy. I'm so glad to hear that you are relaxing and having fun with PC again.

I think it is up to you how to handle the bookings. I'd put them in PP/P3 and if she signs let her have them. If they want shows before she signs/is ready then you'd take them. Once she becomes a consultant she looses the booking benefits from the show. One way to handle that might be to set up a co-host on the show that would let her have the booking benefit on the shows once she has signed as a consultant. You know someone that lets her use their name and the extent of their co-hosting would be the PHD.

I was trying to explain to her that she might lose the booking benefit - Say Amy has her show in April but she could still get the Trifle Bowl as a Sample and be making money to pay off her kit.

How do we do this co-hosting thing - Never done a co-host

Are you using PP or P3?

Have her get permission from a family member that will not be ordering to user them as a co-host. In PP, pull up the host & click Add Host, from there select a name, and click on the co-host button. And that is it. The co-host will get a PHD and Amy would, with permission from her co-host, be able to order the host specials.

Of course there is an ethical issue with this. Knowing that one is circumventing HO a bit. So one should decide how they feel about that.

Last edited:
Kewl - So maybe I could put her daughter in as a co-host? Keeping it in the family so to speak I am more concerned about May since the host special is something you normally cannot order

tlennhoff said:
Are you using PP or P3?

In PP, pull up the host & click Add Host, from there select a name, and click on the co-host button. Move the order over from the "old guest" to the "new co-host" if you've already input their order and remember to delete the "old guest. And that is it. The co-host will get free shipping and a PHD and Amy would, with permission from her friend/co-host, be able to order the host specials.

Of course there is an ethical issue with this. Knowing that one is circumventing HO a bit. So one should decide how they feel about that.

Ok, the problem I found doing my above suggestion is that it messes up the show total. So instead you might want to add her mom/sister/husband as a guest as the co-host and add a single item to that order. Remember to also rebook the co-host for 5 months down the road.

Kathytnt said:
Kewl - So maybe I could put her daughter in as a co-host? Keeping it in the family so to speak I am more concerned about May since the host special is something you normally cannot order

That makes sense - make sure you see my comment in between about checking to make sure show totals/guest sales are not messed up.

I talked to my director and she says that if the host uses her PHD for the host special at her friends show than that will work but don't buy anything else because your consultant discount would be better than the 10% discount

I am so excited - I invited both ladies to our cluster meeting on Monday and they have already RSVPd yes!!!

Mke sure you enter a co-host on the show, so say host Becky decides to join PC and friend A has her show done by Becky now consultant, she can't get booking credit, but if say Becky's Mom, sister, husband, someone was listed on original show as a co-host, than that co-host would be eligible for the booking credit. What I've done before is then co-host can get or let Becky get to update her kit quicker and use con. gift to pay for it.

Make sense?? Clear as Mud?? LOL

If you've got any ?? give me a shout.

Lisa

My director is telling me that if the show is booked now and Brenda becomes a consultant she can still use her booking benefit but if Brenda was already a consultant when the show was held she would not be able to.
If I put her daughter in as a co-host just for grins - does she have to order something to technically be a co-host. She is actually usig one of her mom
s half-priced items

1. What exactly is the "Pleasant Surprise & a Question" promotion?

The "Pleasant Surprise & a Question" promotion is a special offer from Pampered Chef that allows customers to receive a free surprise gift with their purchase, as well as the opportunity to ask a question to a Pampered Chef consultant.

2. Is there a minimum purchase amount required to qualify for the "Pleasant Surprise & a Question" promotion?

Yes, in order to receive the free gift and ask a question, customers must make a minimum purchase of $50 or more.

3. Can I choose the surprise gift that I receive?

No, the surprise gift is chosen at random by Pampered Chef. However, we guarantee that it will be a useful and high-quality product valued at $15 or more.

4. How do I ask my question to a Pampered Chef consultant?

After making a qualifying purchase, you will receive an email with a link to submit your question. Our team of consultants will provide personalized answers within 24 hours.

5. Is the "Pleasant Surprise & a Question" promotion available in all countries where Pampered Chef operates?

No, this promotion is currently only available in the United States and Canada.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • kcmckay
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pinkunicorn
  • baychef