• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open to Signing: Recruiting Strategies for Consultants

In summary, it is important to openly communicate with potential recruits who are interested in just getting the consultant kit. The focus should be on the products and the commitment to complete 4 shows or reach $1250 in sales. While some may initially join for the kit, many end up falling in love with the business and becoming successful consultants. As long as the contractual obligations are clear and agreed upon, there is no harm in signing them up and providing support and encouragement. Who knows, they could be the next big name in the company.
4kids4me
How do you handle potential recruits who are pretty open about just wanting to sign to get the consultant kit?

I openly tell them that we don't sell kits. The kit stealers don't do the company or my business any good. It's a waste of money for the company and a waste of time for me. If they'd be willing to collect just 4 orders for roasting pans or steak knife sets(or two of each!) we can submit them and they'll not only get the cheaper kit, but a check as well!

My director reminds me all of the time that we aren't in the business to sell kits. I just make sure that everyone that I talk to knows that The Pampered Chef asks that you try 6 shows, then after those shows, if you aren't happy with your business, you get to keep the kit and walk away.

I hope this helps.

Make sure they understand that they HAVE to submit 4 shows or $1250 in sales. Don't hedge on the whole "will HO chase me down" thing. Tell them that by signing the contract they are committing to do at least that.

After they have completed their commitment, they are free to do what they want.

You never know, your potential kit-napper just may be the next NED to come along...that's what happened with Patsy McGovern! Her Director kept on her to fulfill her commitment, so she did...but originally just to get the Director off her back. Fell in love with the business, and away she went!

HTH!

I am happy for them to pay the money, and do their 4 shows/$1250. Not that that has ever happened to me, but I figure if they like the stuff enough to sign up, maybe they'll really enjoy those 4 shows.

I let them know ... that if they are serious about selling pc then that is great but if they jsut want the kit then it would probley be best to hsot a show and try and get those things for free and half priced.

Don't discourage any possible recruits. I signed just to get the kit. My intention was to do my 6 shows...now it is 4 shows or 1250...and quit. I told my recruiter up front that that was my intention. It took me 3 months to qualify...my recruiter quit a month after I signed. I didn't receive any support from her, but didn't expect any because I was planning on quitting anyway. I have now been a consultant for 6 years. I love the products and that is what keeps me here. I do not depend on my PC earnings to pay bills. This is my hobby and I can earn free products and have fun. No, we don't sell kits, but if she wants to commit to qualifying, sign her up. Don't leave her hanging out by herself, but don't hound her to death either. Just be supportive and encourage her. She may be the next big name in PC consultants. You never know.

Shawnna said:
...Don't discourage any possible recruits. I signed just to get the kit....
...I have now been a consultant for 6 years. I love the products and that is what keeps me here....
...She may be the next big name in PC consultants. You never know.

Need I say more??

Thanks Shawnna

I can't tell you how many people stand up at our Executive Banquet year after year after year and tell about how they just wanted the kit but are now at the banquet being recognized for their achievements!

As long as the contractual obligation is clear and she agrees to it (4 shows or $1250), sign her up, get your free catalogs, your 2000 points, and your $50 PC dollars!

Shawnna said:
Don't discourage any possible recruits. I signed just to get the kit. My intention was to do my 6 shows...now it is 4 shows or 1250...and quit. I told my recruiter up front that that was my intention. It took me 3 months to qualify...my recruiter quit a month after I signed. I didn't receive any support from her, but didn't expect any because I was planning on quitting anyway. I have now been a consultant for 6 years. I love the products and that is what keeps me here. I do not depend on my PC earnings to pay bills. This is my hobby and I can earn free products and have fun. No, we don't sell kits, but if she wants to commit to qualifying, sign her up. Don't leave her hanging out by herself, but don't hound her to death either. Just be supportive and encourage her. She may be the next big name in PC consultants. You never know.

I couldnt' have said it better myself... thank you Shawnna!!!

Tom Marsden (Marsten? don't have the name in front of me) said that he signed up for the kit. Figured he could do the 6 shows (the commitment at the time), then get out. See where he ended up?

I would, though, stress that they are making a commitment to do the 4 shows/$1250.

I forgot all about Tom..... I would lvoe to be able to see one of his shows..... Fat Chance of that happening.... but you never know!!

I didn't hear him in person. A clustermate attended his live show at NC 2005. She told us his story.

Not to hijack this thread but . . . I was at Tom's show in NC. He is a riot.

Maybe one of these National Confernces Iwill be in the same wave as he is... but I dont' think he makes trips to Oregon...LOL

What is "Open to Signing"?

"Open to Signing" is a recruiting strategy that involves actively seeking out potential consultants to join your team. This can include reaching out to friends and family, attending networking events, or utilizing social media to connect with others who may be interested in becoming a consultant for Pampered Chef.

Why is "Open to Signing" important for consultants?

"Open to Signing" is important because it allows consultants to expand their network and reach a wider audience of potential customers. By actively recruiting new consultants, you can also grow your team and potentially increase your income through team building bonuses.

How can I effectively implement "Open to Signing" as a recruiting strategy?

To effectively implement "Open to Signing", it is important to have a clear understanding of your target audience and to utilize various platforms to reach them. This can include hosting virtual parties, attending local events, and utilizing social media to connect with potential consultants. It is also important to have a strong pitch and be able to effectively communicate the benefits of becoming a consultant for Pampered Chef.

What are the benefits of recruiting new consultants through "Open to Signing"?

Recruiting new consultants through "Open to Signing" can bring several benefits, including expanding your customer base, increasing your income potential, and building a strong team. It can also help you to connect with like-minded individuals who share your passion for Pampered Chef and its products.

Are there any resources or training available to help with "Open to Signing"?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers various resources and training materials to help consultants with their recruiting efforts, including tips and techniques for effective networking and social media strategies. Additionally, your upline or mentor can provide guidance and support as you implement "Open to Signing" as a recruiting strategy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Rochelle Miller
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Genia Roman
  • chefheidi2003