• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Consultant Is Pregnant...

In summary, my best friend is considering joining PC this summer, and she will be physically incapable of carrying a lot of products. She will get a wheeled crate so she only needs to lift it in and out of the car, and one other box or crate can be slid out onto the crate, making large amounts of lifting unnecessary. I was pregnant with my second child while I was a consultant, and it was no big deal. I know lots of consultants who have kept their business up during a pregnancy. Just let your hosts know that she will need help carrying in her products, and this is also a perfect time to start only bringing what she will be using for her demo.
ChefNic
....does anyone have any advice about this?
I've never been pregnant since I've been a consultant. I do feel it is a physical job...loading/unloading the car...carrying heavy things into host's houses...etc...
Any of you who are pregnant...has this made your job difficult?
TIA

You know i'm sure she would know her limit and she can always ask someone to help her carry in her kit.

I'm not pregnant and I've always had people offer to carry my things in and out of the house. If she asks first, I'd think she'll have no problem.My best friend is going to sign up with PC this summer, and she's physically incapable of carrying a whole lot. I'm going to have her get a wheeled crate, so she only needs to lift it in and out of the car - then one other box or crate can be slid out onto the crate, making large amounts of lifting unnecessary.

I was pregnant with baby #2 durring my PC career. It was really no big deal. I know lots of consultants who have kept their business up durring a pregnancy. Just let you hosts know ahead of time that it would be nice if there would be someone available to help carry in her products. This is also a perfect time to start only bringing what she will be using for her demo! I was amazed at how much I could downsize when I really tried.
Of course she should follow her Doctor's instructions and she should know her own limitations.

Nancy Jo had her youngest son while a Senior Director.....Scottie Brister joined in her 6th month of pregnancy....it can be done!

I'm pregnant now with my 2nd--joined when #1 was 5 months old. I've just noticed that I tire much faster than before I was pregnant & right now I've just not been in the mood to work my business. But other than that, I just pack light for shows & take up offers of help. I had 7 shows this month & have done almost $4000 in sales, so I don't think it's hurting me any! I've noticed when I'm at shows I'm not as tired, just at home when I'm supposed to be making calls!

But if she's just starting, she won't know anything different anyway, so she may as well join. Or just wait until the baby is a few months old & is on a routine. Good luck to her!

I am 6 months pregnant with my third and just bring way less to shows. People understand why I didn't bring everything I own. I bring what I need for the recipe and try to work the host/guest specials in so they can do double duty. I bring the stainless bowls and a loaded TTA that I show but don't use.

People are very willing to help also!

On of the girls on our team commented about a lady that was in a wheelchair and rather overweight and she earned a trip to Hawaii. You just need to get people to help you if you physically cando something. People have succedded with a bad back etc. Just see if you can get someone to help you if you physically are unable to carry things in.

Sounds like Gillian has not had the smoothest pregnancy and she is still working away. I have never been pregnant but in my observation everyone has different pregnancies so it really depends on individual circumstances. been having n

I'm pregnant with my first and haven't really had it affect my business. They only problem I had was the first four months, I could barely walk I was so sick, but if she's already pregnant, that's not going to be an issue for her!!

I'm now pregnant with my 3rd. My 2nd was 6 months when I started. I was trying to take to much at first, but now I too am only taking what I need for the recipe, the host specials and my loaded TTA.
I do ask for help now, especially since my back has been acting up :(

Just have to pace yourself - and know your limits. ;)

The month after I signed my agreement, found out I was pregnant with #2. I've had pretty easy pregnancies, so it turned out fine. As I got bigger, my hosts and/or their husbands would help me load and unload my stuff. And my husband always loaded the car before I headed off to the show. In fact, he still does and my baby is turning 2 next month!

Like others have said, it can be done. IF she really wants to do it, it's possible...She just has to know her limitations, listen to her body and her doctor!

And sometimes, I felt like people felt sorry for the pregnant lady and so they bought more! One of my first couple shows were all my in-laws and I didn't even do a demo. Just passed the catalog around before and after dinner and they spent $1,000! (Once we made the announcement, they encouraged each other to help out the pregnant lady and spend more!) That was nice...

People are usually willing to help, too!

I signed up when I was pregnant with baby #3. My 2nd was just 10 months old at the time. I have difficult pregnancies & when it got time, I had to slow down a bit, but it can be done! :)

No problem!!I don't see a problem with it unless she is one to have difficult pregnancies. I have a friend who has to be on bed rest for a good portion of her pregnancy due to complications.

I signed up when my daughter was 6 months old. I had an $800 show the day before I had my 16 month old!
And I am pregnant with baby number 5 right now. I also just let my hostess know I will need help unloading and loading. They are more than happy to help and I really don't have any problems. I sit after my demo and talk as if I was just one of the gals at the show!! Except I am pregnant and collecting orders!!

You make this business what you want it to be. If she has tendencies to make everything an excuse to do less or not work as hard, then she might slow down her shows per month or even not doing shows at all. It's up to the person. It didn't slow me down, and it hasn't slowed down alot of other cheffers because we love our jobs!!

Debbie :D

Ditto everything that was just said. Your life doesn't stop just because you are having a baby. If you let it then you'll have a HARD time picking up once the child gets older/bigger. You'll lose yourself.

When I signed our 3rd was 10 days old. I was pregnant with my 4th last year and my business didn't slow at all. Like a lot of the other ladies my sales went up!! Maybe I should wear a pillow under my clothes for all of my parties if it will make people buy more!!

Hi, I joined pc when I was almost 8 months pregnant. I decided to book a ton of catalog shows and PC is the only thing that got me through as far as money goes the first few months after I had the baby. I was able to stay at home with her until I was ready to go back to work. It can definitely work if she wants it to. Tell her it may be a good way to earn some extra money while she's on maternity leave. HTH

Even when your not pregnant they are always willing to help..... I am working on Child # 2 but know your limits and dont' be afriad to ask for help.... my hosts dont' midn helping... at least mine dont.

Hi, I know this is an old thread ... but i have a potential recruit who is pregnant and is leary about joining because of that. I had joined when I was 6mo pregnant with my daughter (now a month away from being 1) and I told her I just did catalog shows during the last few weeks and after she was born. I said that PC also does offer the 3month Leave of Absence if she would need it. I was wondering if there is anything else i can say to her to convince her to join? Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated!

abrahamlaur said:
Hi, I know this is an old thread ... but i have a potential recruit who is pregnant and is leary about joining because of that. I had joined when I was 6mo pregnant with my daughter (now a month away from being 1) and I told her I just did catalog shows during the last few weeks and after she was born. I said that PC also does offer the 3month Leave of Absence if she would need it. I was wondering if there is anything else i can say to her to convince her to join? Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated!
No great advice, just wanted to share that one of my last hosts was very interested in being a consultant, on follow up she is now newly pregnant and doesn't want to sign up now. Aside from pointing out how flexible the opportunity is and how it can work out, there isn't much more that you can do. My host has told me for now she will commit to doing two shows a year with me, which is still great! And when she's ready, I'll be here to help her sign on.

If she's concerned about carrying stuff, tell her the stuff is no heavier than a toddler, which pregnant women carry around all the time.

On the other hand, if she's concerned about the time constraints, lack of sleep, etc, or just doesn't feel it's the right time, there's nothing you can do but wait til she's ready. Like someone said - she can do it IF she really wants to.

I don't have any recruits and I'm not pregnant. But you might want to remind her that PC is a great way to provide that extra income so she can stay home with her child after the birth. It'll be much easier for her to get started now than in a few months when her schedule's adjusting.

Honestly, there is never a "best" time to start a direct sales business. Think about reasons why people don't join: changing jobs, just moved, about to move, just married/engaged, nursing, kids starting school, kids going to college, too old, don't know the right people and on and on. Just like hosting a show, no time will be the best. She just needs to GO FOR IT and hope for the best.

I think being a new mom is a great time to start a business cause your child allows you to meet so many more people. Being in mom's groups is a great networking opportunity.

Thanks for the replies ladies ... i guess i told her everything i could, i'm going to follow up with her in a few months, shes only 18 weeks so maybe she'll change her mind in a few months when they are buying everything for the baby and she realizes she needs extra money!

1. Can I still become a consultant if I am pregnant?

Yes, absolutely! Pampered Chef welcomes all individuals who are interested in becoming consultants, regardless of their pregnancy status. We believe that everyone has the potential to be successful in our company.

2. Will my pregnancy affect my ability to host parties and events?

Your pregnancy should not affect your ability to host parties and events. However, we recommend that you communicate with your host and guests about your pregnancy and any accommodations you may need during the event.

3. Can I still attend training and conferences if I am pregnant?

Yes, you can still attend training and conferences while pregnant. However, we recommend that you consult with your doctor before making any travel plans. Also, please let us know if you have any special accommodations that you may need during the event.

4. Can I take a break from my business if I need to during my pregnancy?

Yes, you can take a break from your business if needed. We understand that pregnancy can be physically and emotionally taxing, and we want you to prioritize your health and well-being. You can resume your business when you feel ready.

5. Are there any special considerations for pregnant consultants regarding product demonstrations?

We recommend that you communicate with your host and guests about your pregnancy and any accommodations you may need during product demonstrations. Additionally, we advise that you avoid using heavy or potentially hazardous products, such as knives, during your pregnancy for your safety.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christ Follower
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Darcia
  • Deanna Brown
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Deanna Brown
  • babywings76