• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Recently, there have been a number of complaints about the way threads on this forum get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title.

Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying.

Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking!

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

Most of the time, I don't mind hijacks and tend to join in...I guess some think it annoying when on a serious topic...I can see that...

I am easy going upbeat, bubbly person and since threads are like every day conversation and CHEF SUCCESS is so fun to be on and easy going, it is sometimes impossible to stay on topic with us. We just get cracking jokes or laughing or making comments about something totally unrelated. It is why I love this place soooooo much! If the threads just stayed boring..none of us would be here...LOLOLOL!

janetupnorth said:
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

Most of the time, I don't mind hijacks and tend to join in...I guess some think it annoying when on a serious topic...I can see that...

I love your Mark Twain quote!

And this is definitely a thread for me!
I agree with JilleySue - it's the same way a converstion between any friends would flow.....one thing leads to another...which leads to another.....I find it amusing to see where threads end up! (and love helping them get there!;) )

So, how do I get the free receipts that were mentioned in my changeover box? I've thrown out all the paperwork...

chefann said:
So, how do I get the free receipts that were mentioned in my changeover box? I've thrown out all the paperwork...

Ann - is that a serious question? If it is I'll answer it.....but I'm thinking surely you are joking????

chefann said:
Surely, you can't be serious.

Way to go KG!:D We were typing at the same time....I think for sure it has to be Ann's sense of humor - trying to hijack the hijack thread....

Don't call me Shirley!

(Thanks for the set-up!)

I, Rae Bates, confess that I am guilty of thread hi-jacking. I further confess that I feel no remorse whatsoever for my crimes. After all, that's how my mind works. One thing just triggers another. (For an example of how this works, please see The Official Continuing Discussion of American Humor thread entry about Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.)

The only time I mind it at all is when I want to retrieve information from a thread and can't remember the original topic of the thread in question.

Last edited:
What were we talking about?

Hey, I finally got a new car!

Ok Good...I am glad some of you feel the same as I. I feel quite competent that I can rummage thru the thread and find what I need and don't need to crab about the topic vearing off. I think it's funny and it's why I like coming here. STEAL AWAY!! It cracks me up.

Hey Kevin is still wearing my undies...LOL

AJPratt said:
Hey, I finally got a new car!

Cars! I love Cars! We just watched that movie last night - especially love the Tractor Tipping part!

I do try to stay on track in the "serious" areas of CS. But in the Lounge, all bets are off! At least once the initial question is answered or hugs given.

And that's why there is a search function, anyway!

Jilleysue said:
I think I want to know more about this one.

Then again, maybe not...

And now - I HAVE to get off and go spend some time with my DS - can't wait to see how this thread evolves!

HAAHHAHAHAHAHA...another thread. Well look up the one about Carolyn's Pink Panties and the Microfiber towel war...BAHAHAHAHA!

chefann said:
I do try to stay on track in the "serious" areas of CS. But in the Lounge, all bets are off! At least once the initial question is answered or hugs given.

And that's why there is a search function, anyway!
All bets are off?

I didn't know you were ante-gambling.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
All bets are off?

I didn't know you were ante-gambling.
I'm not, but I can't afford to bet money.

Or anything that costs money to procure.

That's what happens when you raise the ante.And my uncley isn't so pleased about it, either.

Jilleysue said:
HAAHHAHAHAHAHA...another thread. Well look up the one about Carolyn's Pink Panties and the Microfiber towel war...BAHAHAHAHA!

Or our AD getting bent about the microfiber/panty thing and then putting a crotch shot of me in the video!?!?!?

Jilleysue said:
yes I thought that was funny too. OH BOY THIS THREAD IS GOING TO GO FOR A WHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON EVERY TOPIC IMAGINABLE because I know we have a lot of smart A**ES here...LOL
I'd rather be a smart-@ss than a dumb-a$$!

dannyzmom said:
Or our AD getting bent about the microfiber/panty thing and then putting a crotch shot of me in the video!?!?!?
Send her a Chef Success thong.

chefann said:
So, you know I had to go back to see if you actually had those available!

dannyzmom said:
Somebody give me a link. How did I miss that one??? :eek:

chefann said:
Don't worry - that group will show up in here soon enough.

chefann said:

My friend claims mine's so smart I can tell what flavor the ice cream is just by sitting on it.

chefann said:
I didn't know Thef Thucthethth had a theme thong.

Hey, KG, just bumped the thread for you. Enjoy!

I thought you were being funny..saying Song but meant THONG...OH MY LORD, I am laughing...

I am think I am the DUMB A**

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I didn't know Thef Thucthethth had a theme thong.

I'd love to thing a thong.

Wait. That jutht thoundth wrong.

Too many ONG words.....BAHAHA

At least, it's not OMG.

<Janice>O ........ M ......... G!</Janice>

Friends fans will understand that reference!

pamperedlinda said:
So, you know I had to go back to see if you actually had those available!
There are also boxer shorts.

OH THE THONGS ARE MINE!!!! TOOO FUNNY.
I'll have to show Kevin. He may like the thongs better than the boxers!!!

raebates said:
I'd love to thing a thong.

Wait. That jutht thoundth wrong.
All I want for Christmath is my two front teeth,
My two front teeth, thee! My two front teeth.
Gee, if I could only have my two front teeth,
Then I could with you "Merry Chrithtmath."

It theemth tho long thinth I could thay,
"Thister Thuthie thitting on a thithtle."
Goth, oh gee, how happy I'd be
If I could only whithtle.

All I want for Christmath is my two front teeth,
My two front teeth, thee! My two front teeth
Gee, if I could only have my two front teeth,
Then I could with you "Merry Chritht...Merry Chritht...Merry Chritht"
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The first day after Christmas,
My true love and I had a fight.
So I chopped the pear tree down
And burned it, just for spite.
Then with a single cartridge
I shot that blasted partridge
My true love gave to me.

The second day after Christmas
I pulled on the old rubber gloves.
And very gently wrung the necks
Of both the turtle doves
My true love gave to me.

The third day after Christmas
My mother caught the croup.
I had to use the three French hens
To make some chicken soup.

The four calling birds were a big mistake
For their language was obscene.
The five gold rings were completely fake
And they turned my fingers green.

The sixth day after Christmas
The six laying geese wouldn't lay.
I gave the whole darn gaggle to
The ASPCA.
The seventh day what a mess I found:
All seven of the swimming swans had drowned!

The eighth day after Christmas,
Before they could suspect,
I bundled up the
Eight maids a-milking,
Nine ladies dancing,
Ten lords a-leaping,
'Leven Pipers piping,
Twelve drummers drumming
(well, actually, I kept one of the drummers)
and sent them back collect.
I told my true love,
"We are through, love."
And I said in so many words,
"Furthermore, your Christmas gifts
Are for the birds!"

(I have a recording of my choir singing this if anyone wants a copy.)

Jilleysue said:

Ok, share...are those thongs, grannies, bikinis, boy shorts, or nothing?:eek:

Jilleysue said:
I heard about him.Two guys were in the locker room at the club. The first guy dropped his pants to reveal that he was wearing panties. "How long have you been wearing those?" the second guy asked.The first guy said, "Ever since my wife found them in the glove compartment!"

Wow.... ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

You guys Rock!

um.... wait a minute.... what were we talking about........????????

:p

;)

:D

It's like a bad game of telephone....

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I heard about him.

Two guys were in the locker room at the club. The first guy dropped his pants to reveal that he was wearing panties. "How long have you been wearing those?" the second guy asked.

The first guy said, "Ever since my wife found them in the glove compartment!"

BAHAHAHAHAH! OH MY GOD..DYING DYING. That is sooooo freaking funny. Can't wait to tell Kevin. Oh no wait. Maybe I am not laughin. I am gona check his pants...LOL

I had to travel to Denver this week and ran into my first husband who I haven't seen in about 10 years! Well,,, I've been happily abstaining from sex or relationships for at least 2 years, but I couldn't help myself... I feel like I've lost my virginity!!! But the kisses were the BEST part! Anyhow, now I can't seem to quit thinking about the guy and I can't seem to get any work done. Life was easier when I was abstaining!

Jilleysue said:
BAHAHAHAHAH! OH MY GOD..DYING DYING. That is sooooo freaking funny. Can't wait to tell Kevin. Oh no wait. Maybe I am not laughin. I am gona check his pants...LOL

Better check his glove compartment first! :rolleyes:

Aw, Christmas. I can't wait for Christmas time.:D

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor