• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Say to a Potential That Says...

In summary, a consultant is seeking advice on how to help a single mother who is interested in joining their direct sales company but has had previous unsuccessful experiences with other companies. The consultant wants to find ways to build the single mother's confidence and address her concerns about child care and benefits. Other consultants suggest using the "feel-felt-found" method, highlighting the training and support available, and setting achievable goals. The conversation also mentions the availability of benefits through the company's insurance program.
hmolah
This?:confused: :

"Dear Heather:
Being a single mother, I have very few resources to depend on for child care in the evenings and/or weekends. As well as the need for benefits. I only have myself to depend on for support and it would be hard to start this type of business at this point in time. In the past I have tried similar businesses (PartyLite and Tupperware), however; they did not work out for me. I am typically a shy person by nature, and it is hard for me to open up in front of people I do not know. Hope that explains my feelings, and other questions, please feel free to ask."

"Jane"

I received this email after a lady at one of my shows last week wanted to know a bit more about the opportunity. I don't have children, so I can't fully understand her situation. I wondered though, how I could give her some confidence on this? I know this lady's situation a bit more, and feel the extra income could benefit her. (she has also said so) She just hosted in January, and might want to host again soon. I know she loves the products, but I can tell by her body language and her personality, she is self-conscious.

So am I though! I don't know how I get up in front of people every time, but I do!

Any suggestions to comfort this lady? She's done direct sales twice and with two other companies....I don't want her to fail at this, or feel she would!

Thanks in advance!

I think you should find out why the other companies didn't work for her, then point out how PC offers support to their consultants
If childcare is an issue, remind her that she determines her schedule and maybe she could work out a babysitting co-op with another consultant in your cluster. OR just try the catalog shows for awhile to build her confidence.

try the feel-felt-found method..."I know how you feel about getting in front of everyone, I felt that way myself! What I found is that it wasn't that bad, and it actually is improving my confidence!" I don't know if you know/like her enough to offer to babysit every once and a while, but it might help her get started, and then she could hire someone once she starts making some dough-re-mi (as my uncle likes to say)!

Also, we do have benefits available. A lot of direct sales companies don't.

I would also mention that any money she spends on childcare to do shows is tax deductible. And definitely find out why the other companies failed her - that is going to be a big thing with her. Tell her how we are different and that there is training and support available to her. Even if she can't make cluster meetings or local trainings, she can still learn a lot from the online training center and teleclasses, which are now free.

I'm forunate enough that my youngest is almost 13, and she likes to come with me and help at my shows. I had 2 that were interested in the business, but the same reasons why they won't...DH's work odd hours, no babysitters, etc. It bums me out that there are so many people that are interested in the biz (a little), but won't try it because of the kids and DH. my DH isn't exactly supportive...but he's not anti PC either, he's just kind of "there". Maybe I'll have to touch base with my 2 "possibles, but not likelys" and tell them about the catty idea. I would SO love to recruit people to help change their lives like mine had been changed (for the better, of course)!

There is a life profile in the Empowering Women mag that features a single mom. Maybe you can show her that and help her.

I think I would try to find out why the other companies didn't work out.. (besides that they don't rock like PC!) Address those concerns and find some ways to keep her motivated. Goals for earning a set amount each month sounds right for her.
(IMO~ I wouldn't babysit... we all have struggles in the biz.. she can't count on you to be babysitter forever~ I don't like to start what would't be carried through till the end)

So...what happened?

Benefits?:)
cmdtrgd said:
Also, we do have benefits available. A lot of direct sales companies don't.

We do??

ivykeep said:
On CC, go to Managing Your Business> Pampered Perks> PRO Insurance.
Or: http://www.pro4.us/tpc.htm

hmolah said:
This?:confused: :

"Dear Heather:
Being a single mother, I have very few resources to depend on for child care in the evenings and/or weekends. As well as the need for benefits. I only have myself to depend on for support and it would be hard to start this type of business at this point in time. In the past I have tried similar businesses (PartyLite and Tupperware), however; they did not work out for me. I am typically a shy person by nature, and it is hard for me to open up in front of people I do not know. Hope that explains my feelings, and other questions, please feel free to ask."

"Jane"

I received this email after a lady at one of my shows last week wanted to know a bit more about the opportunity. I don't have children, so I can't fully understand her situation. I wondered though, how I could give her some confidence on this? I know this lady's situation a bit more, and feel the extra income could benefit her. (she has also said so) She just hosted in January, and might want to host again soon. I know she loves the products, but I can tell by her body language and her personality, she is self-conscious.

So am I though! I don't know how I get up in front of people every time, but I do!

Any suggestions to comfort this lady? She's done direct sales twice and with two other companies....I don't want her to fail at this, or feel she would!

Thanks in advance!

Tell her it's her business and she can run it the way she wants. If that means bringing her baby with her she can. If she doesn't want to do a traditional demo, she doesn't have to. She can set it up, display specials, and answer questions. But you will be there to train her and support her. If she were to earn between $100-300 every time she works, would that make getting a sitter affordable? The opportunity to earn a family vacation is there too.

I would ask her: As far as public speaking... "Is that something you are OK with or fo you want to overcome it?" This is a great chance for her to overcome it because we usually speak in front of small groups, and not ALL of the attention is on us.

Also, she could do a great "Mommy and Me" show... or "Kids in the Kitchen". To be honest, I feel she has a much larger source to draw from than someone with kids (like me) because of play dates, school, dance, soccer, whatever she is involved in.

1. What do you say to a potential customer who says they don't have time to cook?

We understand that life can get busy, but with our easy-to-use kitchen tools and quick and delicious recipes, you can still enjoy home-cooked meals without spending hours in the kitchen. Plus, our products are designed to save you time and make cooking more efficient.

2. How do you respond to someone who says they're not a good cook?

Don't worry, our products are designed for all skill levels. We have step-by-step instructions and helpful tips that will make cooking a breeze. Plus, our tools are designed to help you achieve perfect results every time.

3. What do you say to someone who says they can't afford expensive kitchen tools?

We offer a wide range of products at different price points to fit any budget. Plus, our products are built to last, so you won't have to constantly replace them. And with our special offers and discounts, you can save even more on your purchase.

4. How do you respond to someone who says they already have all the kitchen tools they need?

Our products are unique and innovative, designed to make cooking easier and more enjoyable. We're confident that you'll find something that you didn't even know you needed. Plus, our tools are versatile and can be used for a variety of different recipes and cooking techniques.

5. What do you say to a potential customer who says they don't have enough storage space for more kitchen tools?

Our products are designed to be compact and space-saving. We also offer solutions for organizing and storing your kitchen tools, so you can make the most out of your space. Plus, our products are multi-functional, so you can declutter your kitchen by replacing multiple tools with one versatile product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
EmilyStraw
  • Chef Kearns
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • babywings76