• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uncovering the Top Benefits of Becoming a Director

In summary, the common benefits of promotion include increased commission, free products, decreased trip points, additional workshop choices at conferences (geared towards directors and above), a Director's edition KCN with training tips and meeting suggestions, a Director's edition CC with extra links, bigger discount on personal orders, red ribbon on your conference name tag, more tele classes offered, a Production Bonus based on the composition of the cluster, a $50/mth allowance for craft fairs and the like, $100 for continuing education (once per year, higher level directors get more), Quick Start boxes, special gifts at conferences, b-day cards, christmas gift, special director only loops (thru your upline), director retreats once a year, PC Dollars, special "director" store thru VIP, reduced trip points, special events at conferences, the Directors Dinner Event (replaced with a special training breakfast), Consultants News comes a few days earlier and has special inserts just for Directors, and receiving a GOLD whisk charm (just like the silver one for $15k in sales). Some suggest waiting until having 7 recruits before promoting, however it is possible to promote with 5 recruits. It is important to remember that if one of your consultants goes inactive, you will lose your directorship if you have fewer than 6 active consultants.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey Guys! I know the common benefits but can you directors tell me all benefits? I'm so excited to earn this promotion!

Not sure what you consider common...probably increased commission, free products, decreased trip points. Here are some more.....additional workshop choices at conferences (geared towards directors and above), a Director's edition KCN with training tips and meeting suggestions, a Director's edition CC with extra links, bigger discount on personal orders, red ribbon on your conference name tag (for some reason this was a VERY big deal for me...I hated seeing people with so many ribbons I wondered if they ever accidently tucked them into their pants :)...I now have 3 ribbons each conference!), more tele classes offered. I'm sure there are more...I'll let someone else think of them.

I almost fell over when my director told me about her Production Bonus! Maybe someone can explain it better than I.

I would love to hear about the production bonus!!!:D

Based on the composition of your cluster (how many active consultants and what levels they are) you receive a bonus every month, like X amount of dollars per consultant, X per future director, x per director, etc. It's a bonus that's nice to be used for office expenses and stuff like that. It's not huge, but when you start getting up there in team numbers, it can be huge!:) Definitely a nice perk. Personally my favorite part of being a director is the free products every six months!!! Woo hoo!:)

Thanks Becky! So my director will get a production bonus based on me becoming a director on top of my sales over rides?

Your director will also get 3000 points for developing a director.

There's also a $50/mth allowance for craft fairs and the like.

And you get the GOLD whisk charm (just like the silver one for $15k in sales).

don't forget the all mighty HOME OFFICE LEADS!

DebbieJ said:
There's also a $50/mth allowance for craft fairs and the like.
This perk is available but you do not get it unless you actually do a booth and then it is reimbursed. I need to check but I thought it was $25 not $50.

We also get $100 for continuing education (again reimbursed). Higher level directors get more.

BethCooks4U said:
This perk is available but you do not get it unless you actually do a booth and then it is reimbursed. I need to check but I thought it was $25 not $50.

We also get $100 for continuing education (again reimbursed). Higher level directors get more.

Would "continuing education" include seminars or conferences attended? Say, if you went to hear Belinda Ellsworth or Julie Weis speak?

ChefBeckyD said:
Would "continuing education" include seminars or conferences attended? Say, if you went to hear Belinda Ellsworth or Julie Weis speak?

I believe that it does.

BethCooks4U said:

Wow, I didn't know that!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes. It does not include any CD or DVD's you buy or courses like that nor does it include anything PC would sponsor but it would pay for a class or a speaker that you would go to.

My cluster did a tele-class with someone once and it was $60 each. That WAS covered.

NOTE:: The $100 for classes is once per year.

I plan to be a director by April 1st and am getting excited about these lesser known perks!!

Wo ohoo!! Directorship and lesser known perks, here we come!!!

The fair reimbursement is up to $50 a month.

Reduced trip points!!

Special gifts at conferences, b-day cards, christmas gift, special director only loops (thru your upline), we also have director retreats once a year.

and yes, your director gets more money in her production bonus once you become director, actually it steps up from your downlines recruits, your recruits, your future directors, and up.

we can order pc dollars!! i thought that was cool--don't know why--just think they're cool!

special "director" store thru VIP

hmmm, anymore?

Does the director store through VIP have special clothing too, or just the littler stuff to give away?

Directors can also get Quick Start boxes!

I think these boxes are so imporant with our new 90 start up.

no clothes yet. more like office supplies, pins, mugs, etc. and I believe that the higher up you get, there are more things available.

You guys will LOVE being a director. I once heard a quote--and I can't remember who it was from-but here goes.... "the only way to do this business is as a director or above" (or something very similiar to that)

and now that I am a director--I totally get it. ALL the perks are just awesome and NO other company treats their "directors" like this!!!!

good luck to you all--and keep on asking--they'll come :)

Thanks! I'm so glad that I started this thread! My 5th consultant is signing tomorrow morning so now I just need to get them qualified!!!!:D

Way to go Kristi!! Thanks so much for starting this thread, it's starting to feel like home again!!

I knew there was a production bonus, but it was never fully explained to me. Kristi thanks for the extra push. Now can you do this every Wed. please!!!:)

Sure Amanda! I will do my best to remember!!! I know A LOT of us are pushing to get there so TOGETHER we CAN and WILL do it!!!:D

I'd love to strut across the stage with my fellow Cheffers!

Wow I didn't know about the production bonus either. I was wondering how my director made so much as many of her consultants are not big sellers. I get it now!

dont forget all the cool events at conference - the Directors Dinner Event and special classes just for Directors.

Also Consultants News comes a few days earlier and has special inserts just for Directors.

Cindycooks said:
dont forget all the cool events at conference - the Directors Dinner Event and special classes just for Directors.

Also Consultants News comes a few days earlier and has special inserts just for Directors.

No more Director's Dinner Event :( but they are replacing it with a special training breakfast.

AJPratt I'd love to strut across the stage with my fellow Cheffers!
Anne Reword this, Say I will walk across stage w/ my fellow cheffers! You are walking even if I am dragging you across stage.J/K I will clap & cheer for you, they might put me in the looney bin!!

I remembered about the "no more Directors Dinner Event" after I posted....bummer. It was awesome last year...BUT I am sure the breakfast will be fabulous!
You know what I loved? The way they made each and everyone of us feel special backstage as we waited to take our walk. We all got a rose - we all got cheered on by everyone from HO back stage. So special!

Hm. Until now, my goals had NOT included promoting. Not any time soon anyway.I think I need to rethink that. :D

My goals weren't to promote my first 6 months or so either Jenn! I was clueless...then I started figuring it all out and really saw the BIG Picture at conference! It's awesome!

Cindycooks said:
I remembered about the "no more Directors Dinner Event" after I posted....bummer. It was awesome last year...BUT I am sure the breakfast will be fabulous!
You know what I loved? The way they made each and everyone of us feel special backstage as we waited to take our walk. We all got a rose - we all got cheered on by everyone from HO back stage. So special!
I believe it is a lunch not a breakfast!:D

Cindycooks said:
The way they made each and everyone of us feel special backstage as we waited to take our walk. We all got a rose - we all got cheered on by everyone from HO back stage. So special!

PLEASE Cheffers...when you receive the rose and walk out on stage and they call your name....DO NOT wave the rose in the air!! Alot of those roses break off and you are stuck waving a stem with dangling bud! :eek: While it is hysterical to watch the expressions on their face....I'm sure it is extremely embarrassing to the new director :)

Also...NO sleeveless tops if you have "wings". :D

I have heard it is not good to promote when you only have 5 recruits..that you should wait until you have at leaat 2 more...in case someone goes inactive, then you don't have to worry about your diectorship being taken away...How do you all feel about this?

klsnyder said:
I have heard it is not good to promote when you only have 5 recruits..that you should wait until you have at leaat 2 more...in case someone goes inactive, then you don't have to worry about your diectorship being taken away...How do you all feel about this?

I've heard that too - but my director has assured me that it is harder to make director than it is to stay a director....you have lots of wiggle room before you lose your directorship, and if you continue to recruit, you won't have to worry about losing your directorship.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've heard that too - but my director has assured me that it is harder to make director than it is to stay a director....you have lots of wiggle room before you lose your directorship, and if you continue to recruit, you won't have to worry about losing your directorship.

That's great to know. I am signing number 5 tomorrow and hopefully #6 on Friday!!! I have about 5 others in the "wings":D

GeorgiaPeach said:
PLEASE Cheffers...when you receive the rose and walk out on stage and they call your name....DO NOT wave the rose in the air!! Alot of those roses break off and you are stuck waving a stem with dangling bud! :eek: While it is hysterical to watch the expressions on their face....I'm sure it is extremely embarrassing to the new director :)

Also...NO sleeveless tops if you have "wings". :D

This is so funny! I'll remember!

DH and I were talking about a gym membership today......hmmm.....

Too funny Deb! Get those arms in shape! I already started looking for a dress that I'm going to wear! I guess I plan on promoting, huh?:p

What about the red number you're wearing in your avatar?

Perhaps we'll be dress shopping in San Fran! :D

one thing I remember from when I was a director was that I got called on my birthday! Usually from my regional sales manager and one time from Jan Cap-i-something!!! Sorry I don't know how to spell her name or if she's even with the company anymore!
I love the little gifts you get thoughout the year for any and all special little reasons. You also are the first to hear "breaking news"! You also get your consultant news before the rest of the consultants do. I miss that! The company really honors their directors and it really shows! When you make it to upper level directorship it's even better!
I also like reduced points needed to qualify for a trip!:D ! Oh, I can't wait to be a director again! I am so excited that my youngest is finally in full time school and that our life has finally straightened out here, cause I am again striving hard and getting more and more excited about my business every day!
But my favorite thing of all was free products and it's the thing I want to cry about every 6 months when I dont' earn ALL of the products!
Another thing I loved was when you got your new products you got your changeover kit at the same time, you didn't have to wait a few more days! And you got everything in it too, you didn't have to wait for your "first" supply order to get the rest of it!:(
I will be a director by the end of the year and I will keep working to just go higher from there!:D

You go Miss Chef!! I love that attitude!!

Hey Deb, seriously, do you think we'll have enough time to do it? I'll tell my dh that Deb and I have to go shopping for a dress for our next trip away!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Promote as soon as you are offered it! And keep "asking"!!

If you would happen to go into "relinquishment" PC gives new directors NINE months before they lose their directorship. New directors cannot go lose their directorship the first 3 months. After that if they do not meet the 3 requirements ($350 personal sales, $4000 team sales including personal sales and 5 qualified recruits) they go into a 3 month relinquishment cycle. After that if they still do not meet all 3 requirements they have 3 more months to get back before they lose it for good. If for one month you DO meet the requirements you start all over. It is hard to lose it!!

BUT! If you go inactive (less than $200 in commissionable sales) you immediately lose directorship no matter what month it is.

Last edited:
I have a new qulifyed person but she was on the SS program her 1st month twas Feb and she qulifyed by feb 28th what do I get I am racking my brain and I can't remember is it still 50.00 in PC money

chef131doreen said:
I have a new qulifyed person but she was on the SS program her 1st month twas Feb and she qulifyed by feb 28th what do I get I am racking my brain and I can't remember is it still 50.00 in PC money
It is but they will not be sending it as you earn it. It is banked and then when you promote you'll get the $250 all at once (unless you already got some of it before the program changed).

I have gotten the 50.00 pc money in the past , and it has reached the 250. I will not get any thing untill I promote to director is that right

chef131doreen said:
I have gotten the 50.00 pc money in the past , and it has reached the 250. I will not get any thing untill I promote to director is that right
That is correct. $250 is the max. (first 5 recruits that qualify)

The banking of the $50 PC dollars is a new policy that took effect this spring.

I have another benefit that doesn't come in the paperwork or handbook....my downline look at me with respect. In fact, my hottest consultant who is just about a director and outsells me every month calls me her director in a funny voice (a good one) and refers her difficult recruits to me - she trusts me implicitly!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefNic
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • phatratz
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jcsmilez