• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exciting News: My First Consultant Recruited - Get Ready to be Amazed!

In summary, Leah recurited her first consultant and is now looking for ways to help her business grow. She is happy for her and proud of her.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I am so excited I am about to burst..... I just recurited my very first consultant!!! I am soooo excited... now just need to get her qualified!!!:D

Way To Go.....that Is Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

That's awesome!!! Congratulations!!! :) :D

I dont' know what to do now... She just ordred her kit..... I work with her... so I dont' want to see like I pressuring her to do sales....... any suggestions welcome!

I have no clue! LOL LOL. I have had a few "bites", but no takers yet. :(

Ihave one more that is in the works... but she isnt ready to sign yet becasue of too much going on... I dont' know what to do about that without coming across pushy either!!

GREAT JOB LEAH!!! That is Fantastic!!:D

Congratulations Leah on your first recruit!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go!! Build your team!!!

Any suggestions on what I can do to help her with her business???

Congratulations!

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions other than to call your director!

If I had a new consultant, my director would do the training and I would be there to observe and learn how to do training down the road.

:D :D :D Great Job!!:D

Awesome! I think it helps me to find out what their goals are: income, shows per week, just for fun or more, etc. Once you have this info, you will know how to proceed. Good luck! Helping someone out is so thrilling!

I am really excited.... I dont' want to throw up information on her.... But she does have a lot of questions...... so that is helps..... I work with her so I dont' want to push her etc....

Answer her questions, but don't keep going with the answers. Let her ask a follow-up question - until she has enough info. I've been very afraid to overwhelm my latest recruit, too. :)

Congrats! Way to go!

Do you guys know that song I am so exicted from the 80's?? I cant' get it out of my head!! I am litterly dancing the happy dance over here....

Great going Leah!!! I am happy for you and proud of you!

What makes this all the more sweeter for me.. is that next month is my 1year ANN with PC!!!

My Recruiter lived within 10 miles of me. We got together and went through
Recipes for Success which is now updated to be Business Basics. She had time to come over when I installed my Pampered Partner Program, and then sat with me when I entered my first show. She was available to me via phone to answer my questions which were frequent (several times a week).
She took me to my first and several following Area Cluster meetings, and also has training meetings for us in her home on a monthly basis. She is at the Future Director level and our Director is in Texas. The Director visited our area last April, and probably will do so again. She hosted our table at National, and we had time with her then. She, too, is available by e-mails and phone.

I have one recruit in Vermont which is about 375 miles away from me. We hooked her up with a hospitality group and she attends their meetings as she is able. She and I talked frequently during her first year. Now, we try to touch base every couple of weeks by phone, and anytime we can by e-mail.

With our new program, the most important thing to do is coach her so that she gets the most benefits from having as many shows as she possibly can book in those first 90 days. The clock starts ticking on the day her shipment is expected to arrive. If it is delayed for any reason (weather in particular) be sure that she notifies home office so that date can be adjusted. In fact, be sure she records that delivery date and makes a paper copy of the tracking notice as a back up to any claims for adjusting her delivery date.

Thats my two cents worth. Congratulations. Enjoy your new relationship.

She asked me today... we aren't required to go to those meetings are we? She doesnt' really like traveling all over the place..... I told her no your not required to go to the meetings it does help with your business. she was like what does that give me people or something? I said no.... its to help encourgage new and fresh ideas on how to build your business... She goes Leah I am leaving all the recuriting to you.. I have no desire to become director.. this is to small of a town........ I laughed said .... well help me get five people interested in the business.... and we wont' have to travel far for the cluster meetings...... You can come to my house.. she liked that!!! My cluster meetings are 2 and half hours away.. and YES I GO TO THEM!!! I know I am nuts.... buy hey if I want my business to really grow this year..... if that means driving over 100 miles to go to a meeting then dang it I am gonna do it!!!! This is someone who has been a friend and supporter to me over th e past year... so this is really a good way to build our friendship even more.......How do you guys bring up bookings at shows??

WAY TO GO ROOMIE!!!!

Leah - that is great!! Keep happy thought and jsut remember how it was for you when you started. What did you wish you WOULD HAVE known - now that oyu DO know? Share that with her.

Keep on recruiting:cool: ....

mommyhugz1978 said:
My cluster meetings are 2 and half hours away.. and YES I GO TO THEM!!! I know I am nuts.... buy hey if I want my business to really grow this year..... if that means driving over 100 miles to go to a meeting then dang it I am gonna do it!!!!

Now, Leah, I'm not going to argue with you. You know yourself muuuuch better than I do.

My cluster meetings are right about 90 minutes from my home. People have suggested to me that 3 hours round trip is too much, but I go every month. I live far enough away that she would send me the notes and any handouts from the meeting. However, I learn as much (if not more) from the give and take with the other consultants. Plus, while I am a reader, a piece of paper isn't nearly as inspiring as a big Woooo Hooooo! from real, live people. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0045.gif

raebates said:
Now, Leah, I'm not going to argue with you. You know yourself muuuuch better than I do.

My cluster meetings are right about 90 minutes from my home. People have suggested to me that 3 hours round trip is too much, but I go every month. I live far enough away that she would send me the notes and any handouts from the meeting. However, I learn as much (if not more) from the give and take with the other consultants. Plus, while I am a reader, a piece of paper isn't nearly as inspiring as a big Woooo Hooooo! from real, live people. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0045.gif

For me my busiess is far to important .... I have been doing this a year..... and I have had the time of my life... heck I went to national confernce last year!! HOLY COW... did I ever learn!! It took me a while to be able to realize what I learned and how I could really turly apply it to my business... As a matter of fact it took until a training in Jan of this year to realize.... that is not sad... it is just a matter of I wasnt' sure hwo to go about things..... But I cant' agree with you more.. notes are wonderful (only if I am the one taking them) but they are not as great if your in person and really hearing what is being said it helps so much more!!!

I love being there in person. Although I am always greatful for someone's notes!

Alrighty I need some serious help here guys...... here is the deal with my recurit ..... when you read this you will probley thing why did she become a consultant.
But here this the back ground..... My recurit and I work together 3 1/2 months out of the year (tax season) she is not a people person at ALL.... She doesnt' like to talk on the phone, she isn interested in going to conference, or cluster meetings, she has NO aspriations of becoming a director. She doesnt' want to be part of the "hen group".... My director (her's as well) wants to talk to her about her goals and so forth...... and wanted to knwo a good time to talk to her on th ephone was.. she also wants me to be on the call so I can hear how she words things... When I talked to my recurit about this she sort of got bent out of shape about what I have talked about a few mins ago. I don't want to be pushy, I dont' want to come off like hey whats the matter with you.. you wanted to become a consultant... your hurting me too..... what can I do to help her?? HELP TIA!!!

I am really open to any suggestions on this one...... I really want to be a FD soon!!!

Leah, if she doesn't want to promote or really participate in things, that's ok. It doesn't mean that she won't be a great consultant! Some people are just self sufficient.

I would explain to her that once she gets past the training, she can do WHATEVER she wants with her business, but it is your obligation to get HER off to the best possible start, to build a foundation for whatever business she wants to run. Try to explain just that the training and setting goals is what you need to do to get going. Just tell her that its all about her! That's all! If she is happy with doing one show a month, that's great! You won't have to worry about her, she can be a consistent consultant.

She has one of those negtive people attitudes... she hates being around people (go figure).... but wants to be in the business...... My directors out of town for the weekend... but we have a cluster meeting so I might bow beat some ideas on Monday......... but I am sure up for any on here...

1. What is a consultant?

A consultant is a professional who provides expert advice or services to organizations or individuals in a specific field. They often work on a contract basis and can offer a wide range of services, including strategic planning, project management, and problem-solving.

2. How does one become a consultant?

The path to becoming a consultant can vary depending on the field and personal experience. However, most consultants have a strong background in their area of expertise, years of experience, and often a degree or certification in a related field. They may also have specific skills and knowledge that make them valuable as a consultant.

3. What is the role of a consultant in a business?

The role of a consultant is to provide objective and expert advice to businesses. They can help with problem-solving, strategic planning, and improving overall performance. Consultants often work with businesses to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions to address these challenges.

4. How does recruiting a consultant benefit a business?

Recruiting a consultant can bring many benefits to a business. They can offer expertise and fresh perspectives, help with problem-solving, and bring in new ideas and strategies. Consultants can also save a business time and resources by providing specialized skills and knowledge that may not be available in-house.

5. What should I expect when working with a consultant?

When working with a consultant, you can expect to have open communication and collaboration. They will work closely with you to understand your business needs, goals, and challenges. They will then develop a plan and implement strategies to help improve your business's performance and achieve your objectives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Inomiamenda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Lifeat50