• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do We Compare to Discovery Toys?

Interesting-- I *know* she wouldn't like carrying an inventory.KD - yep the two Discovery Toy girls that I know both have a large inventory. They do alot of vendor fairs with 4 tables full of items. It's good stuff but I always have so many people tell me that they prefer buying PC over anyother because we have such a variety of prices....$1 and up. Lots of our stuff is under $10. Not so with Discovery and especially Southern Living at Home - my friend is having a really hard time with sales and tells me she wishes she had listened to me and signed up with PC!my friend is having a really hard time with sales and tells me she wishes
KimmyDarling
I've searched on here, but haven't been able to find many specifics.

Can anyone shed any light on how we compare? I have a host who is considering them (and us).

Thanks, y'all!
KD

Everyone eats, not everyone has children who play with toys.

DebbieJ said:
Everyone eats, not everyone has children who play with toys.

Well, that part I know! :D

Do they have a website that you can compare the consultant costs/benefits and guest rewards or not?

Yes, I found some info-- I guess I was just looking more for personal or anecdotal experiences that anyone might be able to share.

I had an older host who used to sell Discovery Toys when her kids were younger. Basically, she outgrew the business and didn't have passion for it as her kids got older. Pampered Chef will let you grow as you and your family ages and goes through different transitions more than Discovery Toys....

KimmyDarling said:
Well, that part I know! :D

Meaning that she will do far more PC business than she could do with Discovery Toys. We appeal to a wider audience.

I'm pretty sure the Discovery Toys people have to carry a big stock. When I have seen them (at fairs, for ex.) they have tables and tables of toys on display. I know I would hate to have to find a home at my house for all that stuff (plus, I bet it's expensive to buy).

DebbieJ said:
Meaning that she will do far more PC business than she could do with Discovery Toys. We appeal to a wider audience.

Yeah, I'm with ya, Debbie!

susan g said:
I'm pretty sure the Discovery Toys people have to carry a big stock. When I have seen them (at fairs, for ex.) they have tables and tables of toys on display. I know I would hate to have to find a home at my house for all that stuff (plus, I bet it's expensive to buy).

Interesting-- I *know* she wouldn't like carrying an inventory.

KD - yep the two Discovery Toy girls that I know both have a large inventory. They do alot of vendor fairs with 4 tables full of items. It's good stuff but I always have so many people tell me that they prefer buying PC over anyother because we have such a variety of prices....$1 and up. Lots of our stuff is under $10. Not so with Discovery and especially Southern Living at Home - my friend is having a really hard time with sales and tells me she wishes she had listened to me and signed up with PC!

Cindycooks said:
my friend is having a really hard time with sales and tells me she wishes she had listened to me and signed up with PC!

Tell her it's not too late! Especially with the new products and recipes, this is a great time to start!!!

KimmyDarling said:
Interesting-- I *know* she wouldn't like carrying an inventory.
I used to sell DT and you don't have to carry inventory but it is very hard to find people that want to buy the toys especially with commercials and such. The kids want what they see on TV. The toys are great though. The Vice President for PC here in Canada used to be the Vice President for DT and she swiched to PC so if someone like that switched then PC is better in every respect.

I know a couple really great DT people here, they also like PC some of the benefits are similar and I have been told their company runs similar to PC. I agree as a cons. it would get old after the kids are grown. I absoulutely love their toys. I had a party last fall and we all sat on the floor and played with everything. It was awesome!

I would think that these DT would only appeal to a certain "class" of people. To be able to afford them. I really can't afford them, but bought a couple things and regretted it ever since. My children never played with them, even though I would get them out and play in front of them, they were never interested. I have 3 kids 4, 3, and 15 months....So, it wasn't just one kid not liking them. I loved the toys and thought oooh how educational, but they certainly aren't educational sitting up on a shelf in the closet! (well, I guess I was educated not to spend so much on toys...all they need is a cardboard box!) hehehe

1. How does the quality of Pampered Chef products compare to Discovery Toys?

Pampered Chef prides itself on using high-quality materials and rigorous testing processes to ensure the durability and safety of our products. We believe that our products are of the highest quality and are confident that they will meet or exceed the standards of Discovery Toys.

2. Are Pampered Chef products more expensive than Discovery Toys?

Our prices may vary depending on the specific product, but we strive to offer competitive prices for our high-quality products. We also offer a variety of discounts and special offers throughout the year to make our products more accessible to our customers.

3. Does Pampered Chef offer a similar variety of products as Discovery Toys?

While Discovery Toys specializes in educational toys and games, Pampered Chef offers a wider range of products, including kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware. We also have a selection of products specifically designed for children, such as our kid-friendly cooking utensils and cookbooks.

4. How does the customer service of Pampered Chef compare to that of Discovery Toys?

At Pampered Chef, we prioritize providing exceptional customer service to our customers. Our consultants are always available to assist with any questions or concerns, and we offer a satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. We also have a dedicated customer service team that is available to help with any issues that may arise.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products through a consultant like I can with Discovery Toys?

Yes, Pampered Chef is a direct sales company, and our products can be purchased through our network of independent consultants. They are knowledgeable about our products and can provide personalized recommendations and demonstrations. You can also purchase our products online through our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJessica
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • Sheila