• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Recruiting Potential: Tips for Reaching Out to Stay-at-Home Moms

In summary, the woman said she is a stay-at-home mom with three small kids. She is not sure if she is interested in becoming a PC consultant, but she is interested in learning more about the business. She circled a 4 on her door prize slip, indicating she is interested in learning more about the business. After talking to her, the author sent her a copy of the magazine, a flyer, and information about a training class. The author asked the woman to contact her again in about three to four days, and then to follow up with a meeting in about four to five weeks.
pcchris
Silver Member
Hi all! So, I just got off of the phone with a lady I met yesterday...it was her first time at a PC show. She seemed quiet and didn't say much. On her door prize slip (which I didn't look at until I got home, DUH!) she said on a scale from 1-10 learning about the biz, she circled a 4. I talked to her and she said that she is a stay at home mom, DH works 3rd shift, she has 3 small kids (oldest is 5), she's not sure if she's interested, but when I asked her if I could send her more info about the biz, she said SURE! I'm sending her a copy of EW, and a flyer I have from my SD, and the new literature in the mail tomorrow. How long do I wait to call her back, and what else should I do?? Please help! I really want some recruits here! I'm trying my best, it always seems to fall through. I know you are all really good at this, so any help you can give me would be much appreciated! Thank you! (sorry this is so long!)

NOT speaking from experience here but I would keep listening and responding...she circled 4 and takes literature so there is some interest...find what she needs so you can show her what PC can do for her...

My guess is even a night away from the little kids with the company of adults would be fun for her - a making a few bucks while doing it is good.

If hubby works 3rd her days might be stressed between caring for the kids yet trying to keep them quiet enough not to wake her hubby!

Send her the new DVD, too!

What I would do is call her right after you send the info (like mintues, not days) and let her know it is in the mail and to look for it. At that time, ask if you can schedule a time to talk with her about the information - no strings attached! Also, try to find an article in EW that you think she would relate to.

She if she is interested in coming to a cluster meeting.
Also, I would call her to follow up in about 3-4 days.

I did invite her to our next cluster meeting, she said she wasn't interested. So, next time I call her, I'll give her the date of our April cluster meeting, and the new consultant training that my SD does. I don't want to be too "naggy" though. I'm afraid I might turn her off....how much is too much?

Just make sure that EVERY time you talk to her you get her permission to contact her again. Maybe even say you need to schedule it because you're life needs to run that way (kids activities, shows, etc.) and you want to keep in contact with her. My director always says to people who are invited to our cluster meetings, "There's no holding hands, no singing, just lots of fun people and great recognition and information." That seems to calm people down.

Kate,
Great info. Thank you!

What about meeting with her to hand her the info? Then you could do the Seven Question Recruiting Interview at that time.

I would never have gone to a cluster meeting before I decided to join....my reasoning is this...if I am thinking I might be interested in PC, but not sure yet, I definitely don't need a whole cluster of people telling me how great it is and talking me into it. Of course, I am easily talked into things and regret it later so I try very hard to stay away from groups of people telling me how great something is. Also, my advice, since she is a SAHM of 3 little ones ( I also have 3 under 5) talk a lot about how she will get to have adult conversation, and wear clothes that don't get spit up on drooled on or snotted on for atleast 2 hours...That is what prompted me interest.

She's a stay-at-home mom so perhaps asking to meet her during the day with her kids. You could get to know her on a personal basis and she wouldn't feel like she had to ask her husband watch the kids. Your "interview" would be very casual and you would get interuppted a lot but you could ask her vital questions: why are you interested? what would be the biggest benefit of being a PC consultant? (don't assume it's adult conversation - it could be money, products, learning to cook, or that she wants to leave her husband and needs steady income) LISTEN.

Good luck.

Put it in the letterEvery time I send people some information regarding hosting a show or even joining PC I always write in the letter I enclose a date I will be calling them. They will then expect my call. I will call that day and try to be as courteous as possible asking if this is a good time to talk. If they say yes then I can ask them questions about the stuff I sent and find out more info.
If they say no, then I can ask them when would be a better time or even set up a time to talk in person. If they do talk to me on the phone when I call I still ask if they would be interested in meeting in person to discuss the info in more detail. This has worked for me in booking shows.
I haven't recruited anyone yet!!

Debbie :D

beepampered said:
She's a stay-at-home mom so perhaps asking to meet her during the day with her kids. You could get to know her on a personal basis and she wouldn't feel like she had to ask her husband watch the kids. Your "interview" would be very casual and you would get interuppted a lot but you could ask her vital questions: why are you interested? what would be the biggest benefit of being a PC consultant? (don't assume it's adult conversation - it could be money, products, learning to cook, or that she wants to leave her husband and needs steady income) LISTEN.

Good luck.

I've met lots of potential recruits in McDonald playlands! It's a great place for the kids to run and play. Definitely don't call it an interview :) I'd tell her you were getting ready to mail it and thought she might need a little break to get the kids out of the house, then suggest a nearby restaurant with an indoor play area.

You cheffers ROCK! Thank you for all the wonderful ideas! I'm going to work on her with all of your fantastic ideas!!

when I started I was a SAHM to an 18mo. old. My hubby worked 3pm-1am mon -thurs. I did not think I could do this business. I was wrong. You need to ask why she expresses interest? does she just love the products? Does she want to get out of the house and connect with adults once or twice a month or does she need extra income? I started by doing 2-4 shows a month only offering fri or sat shows.
I would say you are right about not overwhelming her but you need to find out her motivation.

can you share your letter?
DebbieSAChef said:
Every time I send people some information regarding hosting a show or even joining PC I always write in the letter I enclose a date I will be calling them. They will then expect my call. I will call that day and try to be as courteous as possible asking if this is a good time to talk. If they say yes then I can ask them questions about the stuff I sent and find out more info.
If they say no, then I can ask them when would be a better time or even set up a time to talk in person. If they do talk to me on the phone when I call I still ask if they would be interested in meeting in person to discuss the info in more detail. This has worked for me in booking shows.
I haven't recruited anyone yet!!

Debbie :D
What type of letter do you include? Could you share that with us?

I am fairly new to this and may have a prospect. I don't really know what to include in "recruiting" info that I hand out at the show (if someone shows interest). Most of what I am finding is older material and not reflecting the new kit or way things are done now. Could someone post examples of what you put in your prospective new recruit info packs? Or tell me where the links are as most everything else already exists in this website. I love this website by the way!

I'm wanting to know what to do when someone starts avoiding your calls. I have someone who was SO excited in December but too busy to think about it. We even tentatively scheduled a time to meet. I sent her stuff to review and then called in January. She has yet to call me back. Do I just drop her forever or follow up in the future? What type message do I leave? Thanks.

1. How can I request help from Pampered Chef?

To request help from Pampered Chef, you can contact our customer service team by phone or email. You can also reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant for assistance.

2. What type of help can I receive from Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers various types of help, including recipe ideas, cooking tips, product recommendations, and troubleshooting for any issues you may be having with your Pampered Chef products.

3. Is there a cost for requesting help from Pampered Chef?

No, there is no cost for requesting help from Pampered Chef. Our customer service and consulting services are free of charge.

4. Can I request help with non-Pampered Chef products?

Unfortunately, we can only provide assistance with Pampered Chef products. However, our consultants may be able to recommend alternative products that can meet your needs.

5. How long does it typically take to receive a response to my request for help?

Our customer service team strives to respond to all requests within 24 hours. However, during peak periods, it may take longer to receive a response. Please be patient, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
EmilyStraw
  • Chef Kearns
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Sheila